Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

Labour Leadership

Looks like Corbyn is on the way so who to replace him.

Edited by Nick L

The sooner that prat has gone the better,how he got to that position is beyond most people  i suspect,next labour leader..Dan Jarvis,really sound honest man in my opinion,would make a fantastic leader.

Seeing as Corbyn hasn't been ousted and it doesn't look particularly likely at the moment, I'm going to lock this for now. If he does stand down then it will be re-opened.

Re-opened this thread as it finally seems Eagle has found enough of a spine to mount a challenge.

Is anybody watching? The spotlight is on that Leadsom has pulled out and looks May is going to be PM very soon.

Edited by Weather-history

22 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Re-opened this thread as it finally seems Eagle has found enough of a spine to mount a challenge.

I'm not sure sure she has found a spine, more likely some puppet master has a hand up her jacksie. I mean, what has she done in the past to make anyone think she'll be any more 'electable' than Corbyn? She's hardly got off to a good start either with all the will/won't/will/won't stand against Corbyn mess.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

I'm not sure sure she has found a spine, more likely some puppet master has a hand up her jacksie. I mean, what has she done in the past to make anyone think she'll be any more 'electable' than Corbyn? She's hardly got off to a good start either with all the will/won't/will/won't stand against Corbyn mess.

My thoughts exactly. 

Will Corbyn be allowed to stand?

@faisalislam

Labour Party General Secretary Iain McNicol has received enough nominations from MPs and MEPs (ie 51+) to trigger Labour leadership contest

Iain McNicol, General Secretary of the Labour Party, said: "I have now received sufficient nominations to trigger a contest for the position of Leader of the Labour Party. 

"I will now ask the Chair of the National Executive Committee to convene a meeting to confirm arrangements for an election." 

Eagle, more like a Vulture. How about Corbyn's brother, the ahem weather forecaster

Edited by lassie23

One of the worst leadership launches of recent times.

Eclipsed by what happened with the Tories, her microphone was breaking up and had to get a hand held one and when she asked for questions, none of the big media were there.

Edited by Weather-history

19 hours ago, The PIT said:

Will Corbyn be allowed to stand?

It's a nightmare scenario. Keep him on and he could win, back to square one. Keep him off and the bitterness Left

I can't see how Labour can resolve this, there will be a bitterness whatever the outcome.

This whole fiasco stems from Ed Miliband, worst ever Labour leader.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It's a nightmare scenario. Keep him on and he could win, back to square one. Keep him off and the bitterness Left

I can't see how Labour can resolve this, there will be a bitterness whatever the outcome.

This whole fiasco stems from Ed Miliband, worst ever Labour leader.

Personally I think it goes back to blair, and his right of center friends.

The more I hear of Eagle I just can't picture her as a leader, and certainly not a PM. It's not that I dislike her per se, it's just she doesn't exude leadership qualities. Nothing wrong with that, I've never seen myself as a leader type either, but it is a problem if you are trying to replace someone on the basis of them being 'unelectable'.

• Like 1

Staff at Angela Eagle's Wallasey office say a planned event in Luton had to be cancelled this morning after threats made in phone calls

Reports that Angela Eagle's constituency office was attacked last night are confirmed by Merseyside Police. The Liverpool Echo's Lorna Hughes has been tweeting from the scene:

the hard left  and corbyn supporters  showing their hand

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Staff at Angela Eagle's Wallasey office say a planned event in Luton had to be cancelled this morning after threats made in phone calls

Reports that Angela Eagle's constituency office was attacked last night are confirmed by Merseyside Police. The Liverpool Echo's Lorna Hughes has been tweeting from the scene:

Not that I condone it, but it's what happens when people feel you are trying to circumvent the proper process. Why are the MPs so 'scared' of having a contest with Corbyn involved? If they manage to exclude him then it won't even be a contest will it, will Eagle get to be leader by default? I just can't see this whole mess working out happily for either side.

Yup Corbyns bully boyz and girlz are alive and well.

The MP's will lose thats why but does anyway know any of these labour memebers that vote for Corbyn?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Yup Corbyns bully boyz and girlz are alive and well.

The MP's will lose thats why but does anyway know any of these labour memebers that vote for Corbyn?

Yep. I know several. If I was a Labour member I'd genuinely vote for him too. If Corbyn gets on the ballot I'll sign up, I won't vote for Labour with Eagle in charge. 

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Yep. I know several. If I was a Labour member I'd genuinely vote for him too. If Corbyn gets on the ballot I'll sign up, I won't vote for Labour with Eagle in charge. 

But the public won't vote for Labour with Corbyn in charge. I'm afraid if we're ever going to be rid of the Tories, he has to go.

1 hour ago, weirpig said:

A sure sign the population is unhappy with its lot when both the far left and far right are becoming more active.

Eagle is not the intended future leader; she's just a short term expediency, keeping the seat warm for somebody ... not sure who, though.

Are you sure labour are unelectable on a left wing platform? What if all these 'new' voters, 2.8m of them, decide they like the idea of having a say in politics. I would imagine red labour might sit well, especially if we are really coming out of Europe and the Kippers have had their day.

Edited by Gael_Force