Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

New PM who should it be

I would choose Joanna Lumley - now  SHE is a force of nature! :D But I am glad this is one choice I do not have to make.

joanna_lumley.jpg

Edited by Barbmac

I do not feel overly confident with any of the Conservative candidates, but I am at a loss to think of anyone within the Tory party who could do a good job as PM and importantly unite a badly divided UK.

It  is a pity that Bill Cash did not stand then we could see his true colours.

Going slightly off tangent I was listening to the radio on Thursday and the commentator made a very interesting point with regards to the press. He stated that when Milliband was elected Labour party leader, his background was relentlessly looked into, as well as his dead father who was obviously unable to defend himself against the accusations made. There was even details of Milliband junior's love life before he married. The Daily Mail, in particular, was very unpleasant reading.

Compare this to when Boris became one of the favourites to become Prime Minister pre- last Thursday. No mention made of his infidelity since he married or his love children that he sired. Why is the press allowed to be so biased?

I suppose it could be argued that the Mail also dished the dirt on the PM re his/fathers investment in off shore funds, but that was no doubt due to the paper's rabid dislike for him, to try and get one over him, rather than in the public interest.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

So with labour in civil war Leadsom on course to be r new pm we could see torys set for civil war aswell since if she gets to head to head.. which she shurly will.. She will whipe the floor clean of may when it goes to tory members votes 

2 hours ago, claret047 said:

I do not feel overly confident with any of the Conservative candidates, but I am at a loss to think of anyone within the Tory party who could do a good job as PM and importantly unite a badly divided UK.

It  is a pity that Bill Cash did not stand then we could see his true colours.

Going slightly off tangent I was listening to the radio on Thursday and the commentator made a very interesting point with regards to the press. He stated that when Milliband was elected Labour party leader, his background was relentlessly looked into, as well as his dead father who was obviously unable to defend himself against the accusations made. There was even details of Milliband junior's love life before he married. The Daily Mail, in particular, was very unpleasant reading.

Compare this to when Boris became one of the favourites to become Prime Minister pre- last Thursday. No mention made of his infidelity since he married or his love children that he sired. Why is the press allowed to be so biased?

I suppose it could be argued that the Mail also dished the dirt on the PM re his/fathers investment in off shore funds, but that was no doubt due to the paper's rabid dislike for him, to try and get one over him, rather than in the public interest.

Kind Regards

Dave

Dave .

The Mail did mention his infidelites on a couple of pages. Only mentioned in passing though!

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

5 hours ago, lfcdude said:

So with labour in civil war Leadsom on course to be r new pm we could see torys set for civil war aswell since if she gets to head to head.. which she shurly will.. She will whipe the floor clean of may when it goes to tory members votes 

Quating me self :)

Guess  their have access to a certain poll aswell :)

3 hours ago, lfcdude said:

Quating me self :)

Guess  their have access to a certain poll aswell :)

Is English your first language? If it is, you should really try a bit harder with spelling at least.

As of 00:46 Con Home has the declared MP's at..

Our latest Conservative leadership election MP tally. May 102, Gove 23, Leadsom 22, Crabb 21, Fox 8.

Gove and Leadsom are gaining momentum but slower than May, it's speculated that Leadsom gains from a Fox exit but there are still ~160 undeclared. 

Right now i'd ignore the Observer although i think the Youguv poll could be right, May seems to have got a lot more positive reception than i thought. 

On 7/1/2016 at 22:56, lassie23 said:

lol I think Roy Hodgson  would be an ideal candidate, hasn't got a clue what he is doing and when stuff hits the fan he resigns.

He sounds like david cameron.

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

He sounds like david cameron.

They might as well swap jobs.

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

They might as well swap jobs.

lol David cameron England football  manager, that could be a laugh, but I doubt it would bring results.

8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

lol David cameron England football  manager, that could be a laugh, but I doubt it would bring results.

I'm not sure cameron knows what football is, he looks more like a cricket, rugby snob to me.

• Like 1

Leave campaigner Andrea Leadsom recorded as saying she thought an EU exit would be an economic disaster...woops.

2 hours ago, Nick L said:

Leave campaigner Andrea Leadsom recorded as saying she thought an EU exit would be an economic disaster...woops.

After listening to her interview on the Marr programme, she sounds as if she has become a closet Kipper.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/07/you-voted-for-a-revolution-you-got-a-blair-robot.html

Peter Hitchens's opinion of Theresa May from his column in the Mail on Sunday. Not very high as leader of the Conservative party or Prime Minister material, but then again he doesn't seem to rate any of the contenders.

12 hours ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/07/you-voted-for-a-revolution-you-got-a-blair-robot.html

Peter Hitchens's opinion of Theresa May from his column in the Mail on Sunday. Not very high as leader of the Conservative party or Prime Minister material, but then again he doesn't seem to rate any of the contenders.

It seems me and him are in agreement on that.

Looks like a choice between Eva Braun and Magda Goebbels then, after Heinrich Himmler's penchant for schnapps and late night clubbing is revealed.

• Like 3

Interesting perhaps May not so far ahead as some have led us to believe.

19 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Related:

Next PM chosen by members of the nasty party.  Guess they'll go for Goebbels then.  (and yeah, Germans love it when we use their dodgy mid-20th century history to beat each other.  I remember getting a load of folk goose-stepping like John Cleese once - at a mid-summer party in Bavaria. Fkn hilarious.  But then we don't want anything more to do with them apparently, if we leave the EU things will get better.

:wallbash:

• Like 2

Looks like it will be Thatcher's evil twin.

Edited by scottish skier

a more dull and lifeless bunch I haven't seen before...no wonder nobody give a s***!

• Like 1