Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

New PM who should it be

49 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep,    . but  my vote is only one of 300,000!.

I think it will be very close.

If May wins, unlike many on here would do,  I will accept it and get on with working towards a reunited tory party.

(I cannot see that happening within the Labor party, by the way), where I think that the unions (thru Jeremy) are desperate to hang onto their new found power.. If it succeeds it could determine the future direction for their policies for the next generation. Unfortunately.)!

If Leadsom wins, many on here, will be VERY upset.. The Tories will reunite behind her, although no one knows much about either of the manifesto yet..

As for the personal bit.....

I genuinely do not know which way I will vote yet. My leaning is towards the 'leaver' as are many who have the vote, but I try and keep on open mind and I await more details of their manifesto before I decide.

Everyone of the posters above seem to have totally closed minds and vote for political reasons only. I prefer (as a more balanced person) who HAS changed my voting preferences over the years prefer to look at what  the pros and cons are before I vote.

I would suggest that many of you above need to be less blinkered.

I unlike many do not claim to know what is best for the country. Many of my posts are representing my views of public opinion. I suspect that I may well  talk to a lot more people than some of you guys, and I take their views on board, and I have tried to tell you guys this.

I try to state  this in my posts where it occurs. but sometimes I am  not necessarily presenting my own views.

You guys however in your disgust, seem not to see this in my posts. .

MIA

Just out of curiosity, who in the Tory party would you have wanted to see stand to be PM? I say this as I feel that neither May or Leadsom seem to be very good options going forward, I would personally feel concerned about either of them being in power to be honest, especially with some of their stances on particular issues, for example both seem pretty keen on abolishing the ECHR which I feel is a concerning issue.

• Like 2

Was Dodgy Dave a Religious nutter? article back from 014

David Cameron has insisted that being a Christian helps make him a better politician.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10905469/Cameron-tells-MPs-Christianity-can-make-politicians-good.html

Being a parent though is apparently a crime as you look after your children's future... The exact line remain were making 

Cameron urges voters to 'think of children' before EU choice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36587819

I find some of the hypocrisy amusing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lfcdude said:

Was Dodgy Dave a Religious nutter? article back from 014

David Cameron has insisted that being a Christian helps make him a better politician.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10905469/Cameron-tells-MPs-Christianity-can-make-politicians-good.html

Being a parent though is apparently a crime as you look after your children's future... The exact line remain were making 

Cameron urges voters to 'think of children' before EU choice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36587819

I find some of the hypocrisy amusing 

Being a parent is fine, that's not the problem. The problem with what was said, was the way she made out the fact that she was a parent and theresa wasn't made andrea a better candidate, because the kids gave her a stake in the future that theresa did not have. I'm sure you can see the problem with this. Just because theresa either chose not to have kids, or couldn't does not diminish her in any way whatsoever. 

I find it sad Good luck to her. Sorry some small minded people can not do the same, But Good luck to her 

• Like 2

@BBCBreaking

Andrea Leadsom expected to quit Conservative leadership bid, as source close to her tells BBC "abuse too great"

@BethRigby

MP points out me that IF Leadsom did withdraw from race, @Gove2016 COULD mount legal challenge to be reinstated as opposition candidate.....

Theresa May then. I'll wipe the slate clean and give her a chance. She has a monumental task in front of her.

4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

@BethRigby

MP points out me that IF Leadsom did withdraw from race, @Gove2016 COULD mount legal challenge to be reinstated as opposition candidate.....

If he has an eye to future prospects, he would be ill advised to do so. Enough of this limbo, get things moving again and see what May has to offer.

• Like 1

Well, so much for Andrea taking her country back. Just like Bozo and Farage, she's run away.

• Like 1

"Abuse too great" - nothing to do with the fact you're an unelectable loon then?

• Like 2

So NOW she decides a 9 week campaign isn't in the interest of the country? Good Lord. I'm so glad she's out.

Oh btw SS, didn't you want a Saltire superimposed with the Euro stars? I managed to knock something up in Gimp. :D

eu_saltire.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

So they may need a second candidate? Step forward now Boris?

2 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Well, so much for Andrea taking her country back. Just like Bozo and Farage, she's run away.

Aye, after all the lies and the hysterical ramblings, the 'country' has transmogrified into a very, very hot potato!:yahoo:

1 minute ago, Ravelin said:

So they may need a second candidate? Step forward now Boris?

This will be clarified at 12:30

1 minute ago, Barbmac said:

Oh btw SS, didn't you want a Saltire superimposed with the Euro stars? I managed to knock something up in Gimp. :D

eu_saltire.jpg

That was probably me but I found a few online cos I was too lazy to do one myself. My preferred one is below, in my sig.

• Like 1

Oh that's a really good one, Ravelin! :)

I think that just means they formally ask the losing candidates who will all say no.