Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

New PM who should it be

Recommended Posts

Nearly an anagram of Madam Slander!  Adam's Oleander works though it's a bit boring.

Christ I have better things to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I think they would both be a disaster for this country, splice them together, Theresa Leadsome, it doesn't matter, or should that be loathsome, the country is doomed.

I described them in a text this morning to a UK friend as "Thatcher reborn" (May) and the Thatcher anti-Christ (Leadsom). It has to be a Tory, it might as well be a Tory with "Remain" credentials.

Edited by Spikecollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch from the spectator !

Andrea Leadsom is not an ‘exciting new voice’ in our politics but that familiar type of Conservative who mistakes not listening with steadfastness, and ignorance for principle. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted Leave however beyond being on the same side i really don't understand what people see in her. May is objectively a superior candidate in almost all regards. 

The sooner May become PM the better, she's not ideal but she can comfortably preside over the massacre of the ilk of Corbyn/McDonnal in 2020. 

Have faith that the Tory party members will make a sane decision. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I think they would both be a disaster for this country, splice them together, Theresa Leadsome, it doesn't matter, or should that be loathsome, the country is doomed.

Theresa Leadsome, leads a threesome.

(Shudder!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

I voted Leave however beyond being on the same side i really don't understand what people see in her. May is objectively a superior candidate in almost all regards. 

The sooner May become PM the better, she's not ideal but she can comfortably preside over the massacre of the ilk of Corbyn/McDonnal in 2020. 

Have faith that the Tory party members will make a sane decision. 

Agreed. I watched the debates Leadsom appeared in during the EU Campaign and thought she was awful. I couldn't quite understand why everyone seemed to be impressed by her.

If she wins the leadership the Tories had better hope she can attract a lot of UKIP voters as I can  see them losing a fair few moderates to the Lib Dems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So another sh*tstorm has broken out, and I am disgusted by Leadsom's sentiments. As a childfree person, I clearly have no stake in the country's future. And now she's trying to wriggle out of it by saying she was misinterpreted.

http://www.scoopnest.com/user/thetimes/751521657215393792

Andrea Leadsom MP ‏@andrealeadsom  11h11 hours ago

Andrea Leadsom MP Retweeted The Times of London

Truly appalling and the exact opposite of what I said. I am disgusted.

 

leadsom_times.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Barbmac said:

So another sh*tstorm has broken out, and I am disgusted by Leadsom's sentiments. As a childfree person, I clearly have no stake in the country's future. And now she's trying to wriggle out of it by saying she was misinterpreted.

http://www.scoopnest.com/user/thetimes/751521657215393792

Andrea Leadsom MP ‏@andrealeadsom  11h11 hours ago

Andrea Leadsom MP Retweeted The Times of London

Truly appalling and the exact opposite of what I said. I am disgusted.

 

leadsom_times.png

That has made me angry, 

ps andrea, one of mine has just turned 16, and doesn't have ten years to wait for the downturn to go away, and neither do all the adults around now. Insensitive person.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lawrenk said:

Agreed. I watched the debates Leadsom appeared in during the EU Campaign and thought she was awful. I couldn't quite understand why everyone seemed to be impressed by her.

If she wins the leadership the Tories had better hope she can attract a lot of UKIP voters as I can  see them losing a fair few moderates to the Lib Dems.

They could have lost them to the Lib Dems with Clegg in charge, but Lib Dems have taken a pretty huge swing to the left with Farron. If Corbyn is replaced by the likes of Eagle, Burnham or Cooper then Labour and Lib Dems will essentially be the same thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barbmac said:

So another sh*tstorm has broken out, and I am disgusted by Leadsom's sentiments. As a childfree person, I clearly have no stake in the country's future. And now she's trying to wriggle out of it by saying she was misinterpreted.

http://www.scoopnest.com/user/thetimes/751521657215393792

Andrea Leadsom MP ‏@andrealeadsom  11h11 hours ago

Andrea Leadsom MP Retweeted The Times of London

Truly appalling and the exact opposite of what I said. I am disgusted.

 

leadsom_times.png

Edited by lawrenk
Mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe Leadsom is trying to squirm out of this as it seems pretty beyond dispute what she was trying to say.

In respect of her "I'm sure Theresa will be really sad she doesn't have children" comment, I think she'll find that in the real world there are a whole load of reasons by women are childless.

Also, according to the Times Journalist, it was Leadsom who brought up the subject of children, not her.

What with this and the CV debacle she seems to me a disaster waiting to happen. I must confess I'm nervous that this is going to be decided by 150,000 Conservative Party members, the majority of who'm I would imagine are Brexiters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

andrea leadsom = erode anal dams :oops:

or... do me anal, dears...  :oops::oops:

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A group I'm associated with called AWOC or Ageing Without Children has published this in response to Leadsom's comments:

https://awoc.org/

 

And LMAO HC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barbmac said:

A group I'm associated with called AWOC or Ageing Without Children has published this in response to Leadsom's comments:

https://awoc.org/

 

And LMAO HC!

What got me going was the fact that I know people who want kids but can't have them. How are they to feel about her comments, it really is a disgrace. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What got me going was the fact that I know people who want kids but can't have them. How are they to feel about her comments, it really is a disgrace. 

Yes. Although I am childless by choice I never forget those women who have not been able to do so and have a huge, aching hole in their lives. It really was a dreadful thing to say. What if one of her own children cannot have kids? Will she tell them they have less of a say in their country's future than their siblings? Mind-boggling.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think her comments will go down well with Tory party members who family life is key with, Some of you can think what you like but this will go down well with Tory grass roots.

Basically a story over nothing,Smear Leadsom campegin, Since shes more popular already with tory party members then may is

Edited by lfcdude
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

I think her comments will go down well with Tory party members who family life is key with, Some of you can think what you like but this will go down well with Tory grass roots.

Basically a story over nothing,Smear Leadsom campegin, Since shes more popular already with tory party members then may is

If that's really the case, the future ought to be very interesting, with both main parties seen as unelectable by (and out-of-touch) with about 80% of the electorate...

What'll she be bribing us all with next, overturning the fox-hunting ban? Well good luck with that then, you daft old fossil; the world's moved-on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the interests of fairness (well, not really, but anyway)

theresa may = stay here, ma or yeah, master or heat my weeble

(christ who'd want their weeble heating?)

Edited by Hairy Celt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

I think her comments will go down well with Tory party members who family life is key with, Some of you can think what you like but this will go down well with Tory grass roots.

Basically a story over nothing,Smear Leadsom campegin, Since shes more popular already with tory party members then may is

Fact is it shouldn't go down well with anyone, if this is what the tory grass rootes are like, I'm glad I'm not one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

If that's really the case, the future ought to be very interesting, with both main parties seen as unelectable by (and out-of-touch) with about 80% of the electorate...

What'll she be bribing us all with next, overturning the fox-hunting ban? Well good luck with that then, you daft old fossil; the world's moved-on!

the world has but apparently, 51.something per cent of the UK electorate who bothered to turn up, haven't. so perhaps we'll bring back hanging, or rescind loads of useful EU-based legislation on the environment, or have a massive pre-election splurge on useless and unbelievably expensive utilities projects...  nah, tories, wouldn't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Fact is it shouldn't go down well with anyone, if this is what the tory grass rootes are like, I'm glad I'm not one.

Again the level of hypocrisy is some what bewildering, The EU campaign. What was Remains key message? Think of your children's future... Leadsom being a parent i have to think of my children's future.....

 

Quote

What'll she be bribing us all with next, overturning the fox-hunting ban? Well good luck with that then, you daft old fossil; the world's moved-on!

She has already promised to bring the Fox hunting bill to parliament to over turn it, Again city folk dont like rats in their houses. Country folk dont like vermon in their fields i.e foxes, City folk can be up in arms where country folk will welcome it back with open arms 

Edited by lfcdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Fact is it shouldn't go down well with anyone, if this is what the tory grass rootes are like, I'm glad I'm not one.

One nation tories are gone - two nations tories are emerging from the sweltering workshops like orcs

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lfcdude said:

Again the level of hypocrisy is some what bewildering, The EU campaign. What was Remains key message? Think of your children's future... Leadsom being a parent i have to think of my children's future.....

That isn't what was wrong, the part where she put down people with no children is the wrong bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lfcdude said:

Again the level of hypocrisy is some what bewildering, The EU campaign. What was Remains key message? Think of your children's future... Leadsom being a parent i have to think of my children's future.....

Pity she didn't 'think of [her] children's future' two-weeks' back then, innit?:D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

That isn't what was wrong, the part where she put down people with no children is the wrong bit. 

Again Remain was saying people with no children dont have a stack in the future...What she said was pretty much what remain was saying for months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners

    Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners - Blog by Jenny Bell WWW.NETWEATHER.TV In the first in a regular series of gardening articles, Jenny Bell gives her top tips for new gardeners who are maybe taking their first gardening steps during the lockdown.  

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Warm Sunny Days Before A More Unsettled & Cooler Easter Weekend

    High pressure in charge next few days will bring warm sunshine for many, but from Good Friday and through the Easter Weekend it will turn cooler and more unsettled with showers. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...