Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

New PM who should it be

Nearly an anagram of Madam Slander!  Adam's Oleander works though it's a bit boring.

Christ I have better things to do.

5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I think they would both be a disaster for this country, splice them together, Theresa Leadsome, it doesn't matter, or should that be loathsome, the country is doomed.

I described them in a text this morning to a UK friend as "Thatcher reborn" (May) and the Thatcher anti-Christ (Leadsom). It has to be a Tory, it might as well be a Tory with "Remain" credentials.

Edited by Spikecollie

Ouch from the spectator !

Andrea Leadsom is not an ‘exciting new voice’ in our politics but that familiar type of Conservative who mistakes not listening with steadfastness, and ignorance for principle. 

• Like 5

I voted Leave however beyond being on the same side i really don't understand what people see in her. May is objectively a superior candidate in almost all regards. 

The sooner May become PM the better, she's not ideal but she can comfortably preside over the massacre of the ilk of Corbyn/McDonnal in 2020. 

Have faith that the Tory party members will make a sane decision. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I think they would both be a disaster for this country, splice them together, Theresa Leadsome, it doesn't matter, or should that be loathsome, the country is doomed.

Theresa Leadsome, leads a threesome.

(Shudder!)

11 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

I voted Leave however beyond being on the same side i really don't understand what people see in her. May is objectively a superior candidate in almost all regards. 

The sooner May become PM the better, she's not ideal but she can comfortably preside over the massacre of the ilk of Corbyn/McDonnal in 2020. 

Have faith that the Tory party members will make a sane decision. 

Agreed. I watched the debates Leadsom appeared in during the EU Campaign and thought she was awful. I couldn't quite understand why everyone seemed to be impressed by her.

If she wins the leadership the Tories had better hope she can attract a lot of UKIP voters as I can  see them losing a fair few moderates to the Lib Dems.

• Like 2

So another sh*tstorm has broken out, and I am disgusted by Leadsom's sentiments. As a childfree person, I clearly have no stake in the country's future. And now she's trying to wriggle out of it by saying she was misinterpreted.

http://www.scoopnest.com/user/thetimes/751521657215393792

Andrea Leadsom MP ‏@andrealeadsom  11h11 hours ago

Andrea Leadsom MP Retweeted The Times of London

Truly appalling and the exact opposite of what I said. I am disgusted.

leadsom_times.png

18 minutes ago, Barbmac said:

So another sh*tstorm has broken out, and I am disgusted by Leadsom's sentiments. As a childfree person, I clearly have no stake in the country's future. And now she's trying to wriggle out of it by saying she was misinterpreted.

leadsom_times.png

That has made me angry, 

ps andrea, one of mine has just turned 16, and doesn't have ten years to wait for the downturn to go away, and neither do all the adults around now. Insensitive person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawrenk said:

Agreed. I watched the debates Leadsom appeared in during the EU Campaign and thought she was awful. I couldn't quite understand why everyone seemed to be impressed by her.

If she wins the leadership the Tories had better hope she can attract a lot of UKIP voters as I can  see them losing a fair few moderates to the Lib Dems.

They could have lost them to the Lib Dems with Clegg in charge, but Lib Dems have taken a pretty huge swing to the left with Farron. If Corbyn is replaced by the likes of Eagle, Burnham or Cooper then Labour and Lib Dems will essentially be the same thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbmac said:

leadsom_times.png

Edited by lawrenk
Mistake

I can't believe Leadsom is trying to squirm out of this as it seems pretty beyond dispute what she was trying to say.

In respect of her "I'm sure Theresa will be really sad she doesn't have children" comment, I think she'll find that in the real world there are a whole load of reasons by women are childless.

Also, according to the Times Journalist, it was Leadsom who brought up the subject of children, not her.

What with this and the CV debacle she seems to me a disaster waiting to happen. I must confess I'm nervous that this is going to be decided by 150,000 Conservative Party members, the majority of who'm I would imagine are Brexiters.

• Like 1

andrea leadsom = erode anal dams :oops:

or... do me anal, dears...  :oops::oops:

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

A group I'm associated with called AWOC or Ageing Without Children has published this in response to Leadsom's comments:

https://awoc.org/

And LMAO HC!

7 minutes ago, Barbmac said:

A group I'm associated with called AWOC or Ageing Without Children has published this in response to Leadsom's comments:

https://awoc.org/

And LMAO HC!

What got me going was the fact that I know people who want kids but can't have them. How are they to feel about her comments, it really is a disgrace. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What got me going was the fact that I know people who want kids but can't have them. How are they to feel about her comments, it really is a disgrace. 

Yes. Although I am childless by choice I never forget those women who have not been able to do so and have a huge, aching hole in their lives. It really was a dreadful thing to say. What if one of her own children cannot have kids? Will she tell them they have less of a say in their country's future than their siblings? Mind-boggling.

• Like 2

I think her comments will go down well with Tory party members who family life is key with, Some of you can think what you like but this will go down well with Tory grass roots.

Basically a story over nothing,Smear Leadsom campegin, Since shes more popular already with tory party members then may is

Edited by lfcdude
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

I think her comments will go down well with Tory party members who family life is key with, Some of you can think what you like but this will go down well with Tory grass roots.

Basically a story over nothing,Smear Leadsom campegin, Since shes more popular already with tory party members then may is

If that's really the case, the future ought to be very interesting, with both main parties seen as unelectable by (and out-of-touch) with about 80% of the electorate...

What'll she be bribing us all with next, overturning the fox-hunting ban? Well good luck with that then, you daft old fossil; the world's moved-on!

in the interests of fairness (well, not really, but anyway)

theresa may = stay here, ma or yeah, master or heat my weeble

(christ who'd want their weeble heating?)

Edited by Hairy Celt

22 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

Fact is it shouldn't go down well with anyone, if this is what the tory grass rootes are like, I'm glad I'm not one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

If that's really the case, the future ought to be very interesting, with both main parties seen as unelectable by (and out-of-touch) with about 80% of the electorate...

What'll she be bribing us all with next, overturning the fox-hunting ban? Well good luck with that then, you daft old fossil; the world's moved-on!

the world has but apparently, 51.something per cent of the UK electorate who bothered to turn up, haven't. so perhaps we'll bring back hanging, or rescind loads of useful EU-based legislation on the environment, or have a massive pre-election splurge on useless and unbelievably expensive utilities projects...  nah, tories, wouldn't do that.

8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Fact is it shouldn't go down well with anyone, if this is what the tory grass rootes are like, I'm glad I'm not one.

Again the level of hypocrisy is some what bewildering, The EU campaign. What was Remains key message? Think of your children's future... Leadsom being a parent i have to think of my children's future.....

She has already promised to bring the Fox hunting bill to parliament to over turn it, Again city folk dont like rats in their houses. Country folk dont like vermon in their fields i.e foxes, City folk can be up in arms where country folk will welcome it back with open arms 

Edited by lfcdude

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

One nation tories are gone - two nations tories are emerging from the sweltering workshops like orcs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lfcdude said:

Again the level of hypocrisy is some what bewildering, The EU campaign. What was Remains key message? Think of your children's future... Leadsom being a parent i have to think of my children's future.....

That isn't what was wrong, the part where she put down people with no children is the wrong bit. 

1 minute ago, lfcdude said:

Pity she didn't 'think of [her] children's future' two-weeks' back then, innit?:D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

That isn't what was wrong, the part where she put down people with no children is the wrong bit. 

Again Remain was saying people with no children dont have a stack in the future...What she said was pretty much what remain was saying for months