Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted

Just had a big bolt pretty close. Thunder sounded like a CG.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Very dark all around here, with thunder. I'm not sure which direction as I'm watching the football and don't want to move. Heavy rain now.. Watch sky go down! lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some nice clouds bubbling up here to my N/E

20160616_143945_Richtone(HDR).jpg20160616_143925_Richtone(HDR).jpg20160616_143903_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Few thunderstorms in the area, Torrential downpours and gusty winds and some big cracks of thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Haven't heard any more thunder but it's come over dark to the west. 

image.jpeg

Posted

Finally after watching streams of storms gliding past my little part of the world the sky's gone so dark - spookily around the same time as Bale hammered that goal in :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure what the air is over england and wales this week to cause these afternoon eruptions but could easily have been in the same storm situation if we we're in the mix as to speak but hasn't happened. Our time will come i'm sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just had a spectacular overhead thunderstorm here! Heavy rain, several bright flashes of lightning and loud claps of thunder! I am so happy! :D

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 2

Posted

Afternoon all

Just had a stroll around the garden to get rid of the frustration of england going down 1- 0 to wales, and heard some rumbles to my South. After checking the radar there appears to be quite a nice cell building. Just South of Boston.

LO

Posted

Having a pretty bad storm now. Rain nothing special but lightning every minute and loud rumbles of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very disappointing day here, grey skies all day so far but little rain or anything thundery. Cool yet again too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Everything just dies off as it approaches Bristol region from the North haha...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Why does nothing except light stuff develop around my area, absolutely crap.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Turning into a dry ish afternoon here. Nothing seems to be forming in a large zone to our north east. Why? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

storms, what storms?......dry all day with unthreatening skies....hard to believe that there have been a rash of storms in central/southern england today :80:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Thunder, at last, to the Northeast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
7 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

storms, what storms?......dry all day with unthreatening skies....hard to believe that there have been a rash of storms in central/southern england today :80:

Wait? Don't forget here? Still lots of thunder rumbling around to the NE and SE here! :D

Posted

Nothing directly IMBY, but certainly some vicious looking rain cores in the storms to my South West and South at the moment. Could hear distant booms of thunder but they quickly faded as they moved steadily south east.One thing I have noticed over the last few convective days, there were (and still are) some very high rainfall totals within the core of the cells.