Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Just now, Panayiotis said:

Finally few rumbles of Cardiff here with lots of cells being produced, very interesting day ahead to aid my storm starvation!

good for you ..this thing formed just South of Blackwood... so I got nothing RAWR!... all I can see is a huge dark mass.. which looks a little to be back building now 

Indeed plenty of huge Cb's here. Exactly what we like to see!

IMG_3824.JPGIMG_3823.JPG

8 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Huge rain drops now! :D

Showing on your cam :) 

7 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Cracking storm with a few close strikes!! Heavy hail and extreme rain now going on. What a day again! 

Looks amazing, quite a core on it with a ton of thunder, when i go outside where its quiet I can actually hear a few very distant rumbles from it!

For now here, showers have started to build and come in, currently got very light rain just enough to allow the ground to be wet.

All going up in the distance and heading down towards Purbeck...

IMGP0540_sm.jpg

Right, footie time.

9 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Just had 4 more claps of thunder! :D

Any visible flashes or bolts yet?

Again a shower forming over Ystrad Mynach.. is this too going to be the next storm for Ystrad-Cardiff! ??

2 minutes ago, liamtellis said:

Hearing a couple from the Bay - looking very dark to the north...

Looking like a great area for convection, hoping more energy over the afternoon=bigger storms!

No storms down my way yet,but got a lovely view of this, which I'm guessing is the one over Cardiff right now?

DSC_0702.JPG

No, nothing visible though just had 3 more claps of thunder! :D

Edited by William Grimsley

Just had a long distant rumble of thunder. Not sure which direction from though!

5 minutes ago, Michael Jd Scott said:

No storms down my way yet,but got a lovely view of this, which I'm guessing is the one over Cardiff right now?

DSC_0702.JPG

Here it is from Blackwood.. Looking towards Cardiff the 2nd picture is the view towards Tredegar - Brynmawr

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Been sat in the grandparents garden looking at it,doesn't seem to have moved,clouds are bubbling up nicely overhead though,with small appearances of the sun, making it feel really quite warm and muggy...fingers crossed we get one aye mate:)

Just heard thunder. Looks like it came from the cell East of Andover. Doesn't look that dark in that direction.

Edited by matt111

It's darker than night to my north, yet the lightning is coming from cells to my south.

A storm has brewed just downwind of me here, we can see it as a black wall of cloud, with occasional lightning, but it hasn't passed overhead, just formed where it is and is slowly intensifying. Torrential rain over Altrincham, judging by the radar, but not a drop here.