Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted

only 17c here, completley overcast here all day, with heavy/moderate rain setting in,   thunderstorms were forcast for parts of the north west this afternoon ,  really ?  not going to happen now , here anyway

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Have heavy showers and storms to the NE, E, SE and S of me here at work at Gatwick Airport, though nothing heading my direction for now. Warm and very oppressive in the sun.

IMG_20160611_141157834_HDR.jpgIMG_20160611_141617518_HDR.jpgIMG_20160611_141642707_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exceptionally heavy rain and flash flooding here in Orpington at the moment. Not heard thunder though which is surprising given the nature of the precipitation!! 

Re thunder. Its above and to the west of me Harry atm  Is it that bad over there ?

Posted
26 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

good afternoon all, very cloudy here today and certainly not as humid as yesterday, fingers crossed for a storm later but does not have the same feel as it did yesterday, in France next week for the Le Mans 24hr and storms are forecast there

Hiya I've just had drive over to Holbeach sky very dark out towards Holbeach st John's. Getting warmer now sun is out so I'd say a storm could be bubbling up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Awesome close CG and peel of thunder!!! I thought the rain earlier this week was mad but this is something else!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Another rumble. I think the cell is to my west, can just about see it thrugh the clouds. No wind at all here, no bird song, nothing. My favourite part - the calm before the storm.

EDIT - Another two rumbles. :D

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 1

Posted

Thundering more frequently now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Cell is to my northwest now and rumbling away. No lightning seen though. Looks like it's moving away. Curious no strikes showing on lightningmaps from this cell. However, it appears Harrys orpington cell is headed this way so I may have another treat to look forward to!

Posted

Its been dry all this time but a few very light spots starting to fall. And just as I type that the rain has stopped. Very calm and still now.

Harry, I can now hear your cell rumbling away to my south and getting louder and more frequent. :)

Posted

Light rain now. Looks like the brighton cell is also tracking this way!

Edited by Windblade

Posted
22 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Re thunder. Its above and to the west of me Harry atm  Is it that bad over there ?

Rain eased in Orpington now but for 15-20 mins was torrential!!!

Posted

Harry, has your cell died? I got heavy rain now coming from the south but no more rumbles from your cell for about ten minutes now.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Not a lot happening here at the moment, just grey and overcast just as it has been on and off for the last few days. Plenty of heavy shower activity to my south West slowly approaching. No thunder from those as yet.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Rain eased in Orpington now but for 15-20 mins was torrential!!!

Son in Caterham says torrential there too. Hope it clears up here soon Red Arrows due up in 30 mins or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

First sferic then  reasonably close. and another. 

Posted

Orpington cell has died. Just turned to rain now which has been above me for a while now. Birds are singing again and its getting brighter. Maybe theres more to come though, its only just past three o'clock and still looks unstable and feels warm and muggy still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just parked up near Tiverton, nice torrential downpour to the SW but not within driving reach. :(

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Trying the track the cell direction over the north midlands is odd start off moving north east then swing north then north west.

Posted

Rain stopped now. Very dark from my west stretching right to my north. It's moving away very slowly but no wind or breeze at all at ground level. Completely still.

Edited by Windblade

Posted
Just now, The PIT said:

Trying the track the cell direction over the north midlands is odd start off moving north east then swing north then north west.

They seem to be moving NE, but the intensity is transferring almost constantly!

Posted

New Mills carnival getting a soaking this afternoon but only 2 miles down the road here in Whaley despite the humidity it's still dry. Interesting Radar echo-loop around the Peaks at the minute aswell.

Posted
14 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Just parked up near Tiverton, nice torrential downpour to the SW but not within driving reach. :(

that "potential storm" over Exeter can't be too far away from you matey

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
12 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

New Mills carnival getting a soaking this afternoon but only 2 miles down the road here in Whaley despite the humidity it's still dry. Interesting Radar echo-loop around the Peaks at the minute aswell.

Yes noticed that, Will be interesting what happens to it over the next hour..