Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hello. I'm on another planet. I  seem to have been here a lot  recently. I think my spaceship is broken. Someone come and rescue me before I lose the will to live. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Radar showing a bunch of small cells approaching from the west heading for london. Perhaps they will make their way here and develop into something (wishful thinking)? Suns just popped out briefly. Still doesn't seem warm/humid enough round here today for storm activity to me but you never know.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

The top I wrote about a short while ago is the cell that is passing over Gloucester/Cheltenham, plenty of T&L according to Lightening map

Posted

Bristol's storm shield is up and running today, cells going to the north and south with Bristol getting nada :p

Posted

Bubbling up nicely down here. This lot is heading for the New Forest at the moment.

IMGP0507_sm.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Can hear rumbles now but suspect the Cheltenham cell will pass well to the North of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
11 minutes ago, Pursuer of Storms said:

Anyone else got eyes on the MK cell at the moment? I'm pretty sure I'm seeing rotation!

I've just set off to get onto that one. In a lay by near Camboune at the moment in heavy rain. Looks like it's heading straight for Royston now. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
29 minutes ago, weather09 said:

Yeah, bit of a bust for your area. "LOL".. 

Well, no actually if you READ my post EARLIER on! LOL!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just got rudely awakened from my afternoon nap by two bangs of thunder. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

On sat24 looks like there's major wind convergence over central England I wouldn't be surprised if some of those storms in that region   Drop afew funnels 

Posted

Can hear distant thunder from Bedford to the south. Very black over that way. After a heavy shower the sun is out and temperature has shot up to nearly 21C. I'm expecting it to go bang here within the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's not a direct hit for me this time i feel, but 5 claps of thunder was nice to hear!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Oh my lord!!!! Just seen one of the best +CG's in my whole life :shok: just approaching Royston. The structure of this thing is insane too from the top, which I can no longer see. On the A505. 

image.jpeg

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Rapid convection here now the sun is out....this Cb is building rapidly over London. Can see the Moon in the last pic.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I don't understand how you can call it a bust William? I've read nothing that says widespread, and there's plenty of time left for action to develop in the area that is under a moderate risk, which was issued by convectiveweather.co.uk. Forecasts all good from my pov?!

• Like 4

Posted

MK cell is pushing north east now I think. Still giving a few rumbles. Would be interested to know if anyone got a good look at the structures at the base of the cloud. It was quite interesting at times from what I could see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
Just now, Willsy said:

On sat24 looks like there's major wind convergence over central England I wouldn't be surprised if some of those storms in that region   Drop afew funnels 

Central England, as in the Midlands?

Posted

Evening all. Back from a day to Liverpool to see the Disney Magic cruise ship. Pretty heavy rain there and even now it's humid and warm. MetOffice seem to think I'm in for a storm over the next few hours? Not too convinced.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

Evening all. Back from a day to Liverpool to see the Disney Magic cruise ship. Pretty heavy rain there and even now it's humid and warm. MetOffice seem to think I'm in for a storm over the next few hours? Not too convinced.

Boring and dry here all day with some sunny intervals in the last few hours. Another planet as I say, even to Liverpool it seems lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
59 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Storms to the North. Hefty showers to my south...and I'm stuck in the middle with diddly squat! Still I've got my washing done 

Gerry Rafferty fan? Not too sure your version of the lyrics would quite work though...

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1