Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted

chucking it down again here, weather station saying outside temp 20.8c,humidity 86%, dew point 18.3c, need some sunshine and heat to help with any storm potential if we are going to get anything i feel, this cloud cover is really going to be hard to shift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

A hell of a lot of cloud out there today. However the sun does keep trying to peep through from time to time. 

Posted

Anyone care to give me a time London gets hit ? Gotta work soon..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
53 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Here you go guys, my friend has aloud me to kindly share this with you, a beautiful CG, over mist bank from last night, there was alot of fog and msit banks last night, luckily soemtimes it clear to allow the lgihtning to be visible over it

Loght 5.jpg

Stunning photo!

• Like 3

Posted

Little capture from yesterday evening lovely storm never really stopped, things ain't looking amazing but we shall see plenty of time for change I'm expecting some downpours to start developing ahead of the main activity around Channel Islands 

image.png

• Like 9

Posted
12 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Anyone care to give me a time London gets hit ? Gotta work soon..

I don't think it will, cloud cover not breaking, at best we could get the junk that's coming out of France which will prob just be moderate rain by the time it gets here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
2 minutes ago, Cableguy said:

I don't think it will, cloud cover not breaking, at best we could get the junk that's coming out of France which will prob just be moderate rain by the time it gets here

Have to agree with you and Estofex has only given us a 15% chance of lightning within 40kms. Cloud cover was meant to evaporate before noon.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A fair amount of rain last night but, apart from almighty overhead flash & gunshot, little in the way of electrcity. Now, though, it's a dry, bright and horribly humid 21C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

A fair amount of rain last night but, apart from almighty overhead flash & gunshot, little in the way of electrcity. Now, though, it's a dry, bright and horribly humid 21C.

When I went out to vote earlier it had that tropical smell in the air that I have smelt in both Mexico and Florida.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Believe it or not, this is the pick of the bunch from the NetWx SR

viewimage.png

Maybe it is taking the cloud in to account? It doesn't show the rain coming out of France though, so maybe there is an issue with it? Dunno..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Still overcast and oppressively humid here. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

When I went out to vote earlier it had that tropical smell in the air that I have smelt in both Mexico and Florida.

That'll be next door's chili con carne?:D

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
6 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

Have to agree with you and Estofex has only given us a 15% chance of lightning within 40kms. Cloud cover was meant to evaporate before noon.  

To be fair,the cloud only broke up at 7pm last night after an overcast drizzly day.The 'look of the job' doesn't look good right now though imo, moderate rain leaving France and marching North.Will there be a trigger over SE England to turn the 'sausages into Steak' ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer

That stuff over the Channel Islands is kicking out quite a few lightning strikes now according to the radar. Met Office has an amber warning for thunderstorms over London for rush hour.

We might get lucky again.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm thinking the stuff around le harve will develop nicely that's my guess with downpours developing ahead even more so inland to affect London area before movin off  towards Suffolk way. Fingers crossed people. P.s don't worry Kent people I'm sure there will be some excitement down your way :p 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
1 minute ago, titchjuicy said:

That stuff over the Channel Islands is kicking out quite a few lightning strikes now according to the radar. Met Office has an amber warning for thunderstorms over London for rush hour.

Oh no! Not rush hour! There's going to be pandemonium!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer
2 minutes ago, Rw3991 said:

I'm thinking the stuff around le harve will develop nicely that's my guess with downpours developing ahead even more so inland to affect London area before movin off  towards Suffolk way. Fingers crossed people. P.s don't worry Kent people I'm sure there will be some excitement down your way :p 

It's growing in size pretty quickly too

Posted
1 minute ago, titchjuicy said:

No sooner had I replied saying 'just moderate rain leaving France' and it turns electrical! Bring it on. :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
4 minutes ago, titchjuicy said:

Yep, those storms sliding out of Brittany maybe the saviour later, as the cloud is looking too stubborn to allow any surface-based storms, for now. Storms over NW France should head toward  and make landfall over Hants and W Sussex on current loop trajectories.

• Like 2

Posted

temp already starting to drop away, this cloud and drizzle has been so stubbon to shift, good luck to those south and east of here

Posted

Yep, I think our best chance round these parts is for imports at the moment as the cloud layer is just not budging. I'm just hoping for a late evening/dusk/night time storm again, as you can really see the flashes light up in the dark and also it was a wonderful moment last night seeing the flashes from the approaching storm about 40 miles away. I've never seen them as far out as that before (a lot of housing/trees etc usually in the way and blocking off the view that far out in the day until the storm comes closer - needs to be within about 10 miles or so during the day to see flashes approaching) but at night you can see the whole sky about the storm lighting up. It was spectacular. Had a tinge of green and blue to the flashes as well. Not sure what that meant? Never seen coloured Ic before, only seen coloured forks or CG.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Clouds are breaking here...Getting more convective looking, too.