Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

A nice wall cloud just went past here, couldn't see how fast it was rotating though because I was quite far away from it. 

13528096_10154232083842225_7251292050555495055_o.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Cell passed to the west and grew and it did so.  A good few rumbles from it but nothing seem and only a few spits and spots. Counts as a thunder day though, so that's two now, although the other one was a single flash Thursday night at 23:17 with a distant rumble.  Not a great year so far here: well below par.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc

Nice little storm brewed up not far from here, loads of thunder heard and steadily raining but no lighting seen so far :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

after a good hour or so of decent thunder, lightening and rain things feel fresher and cooler here, now cloudy skies so i guess thats all for today, but cant moan really, has been a great afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
17 minutes ago, Windblade said:

Yes, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure there we're reports of supercells in northern france this week which if true could have easily produced powerful tornados. My guess is the damage you saw was the result of one. Glad everyone is safe.

I'm in Limousin, SW France. We didn't have the storms that N France had this week, but we had our"event" last night. Not sure whether there was a supercell, I'll have to look at reports online, but certainly neighbouring départements had tornadoes. At home here in the valley, I just had that incredible constantly flickering lightning, with odd CG visible. SOme folks a way away got flooded out, but in the main everyone was safe. The main thing you have to do is make sure everything is unplugged - we all have parafoudres (lightning surge protectors) but they only go so far!!!

Glad some of you have had an "electrifying" day...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
13 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'm in Limousin, SW France. We didn't have the storms that N France had this week, but we had our"event" last night. Not sure whether there was a supercell, I'll have to look at reports online, but certainly neighbouring départements had tornadoes. At home here in the valley, I just had that incredible constantly flickering lightning, with odd CG visible. SOme folks a way away got flooded out, but in the main everyone was safe. The main thing you have to do is make sure everything is unplugged - we all have parafoudres (lightning surge protectors) but they only go so far!!!

Glad some of you have had an "electrifying" day...

Ah I see, still, sounds like you still had plenty of action. That lightning you described sounds lovely. I've never seen constant lightning like that in real life, I bet it was awesome to watch!

I've had the cell to my southwest fire up again in the last 20 mins with constant loud rumbles every 30 seconds or so . Skies are that flat dark greyish beige tint and we've had light rain the whole time. Still haven't visually seen a single flash today but phave had plenty of lovely rumbles. I thought activity was decaying a while ago but it looks like it's not over yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Also, again almost all of these strikes not registering on lightningmaps today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Pulled up on the train into Parkway at about 17.15 into biblical rain and hail. The train had to wait for it to calm down a bit, which it did for a few seconds, then as the train pulled away it kicked off even more. A loud clap of thunder followed. 

Then got a connector to Temple Meads where it hadn't rained at all and was bone dry. Crazy but fun stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Distant thunder, FINALLY!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just a quick post from me,

Well what a foo-king day i have had and didn't have to go far,just half a mile to get a good visual on a storm,which produced at first a funnel cloud in the early stages of the storm,then CG'S,IC's popping off,i have footage of the funnel(a couple of minutes) and footage of the lightning too(ten minutes),so some editing to do,i will upload later as i have guest's at the moment so it will probably be tomorrow evening when i have the time

I have some good photo's too of which i will post with the vids,i am so chuffed to bits from today:yahoo:

good to see alot of others have seen storms too,great convective day :D

laters.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very heavy rain shower with a few loud thunderclaps here earlier. Have noticed this summer in the frequent rains that the size of the raindrops have been massive :shok: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Wahey! a flash of lightning!!!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Quite a potent storm about 5 miles away about 1/2 hour ago  over SE London with a lot of fast rising motion in the updraft area and was spitting out fairly frequent CGs

image.png

• Like 4

Posted

Seem to have missed some very heavy rain by about 4 mile to the west

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Im sure i just heard thunder to my N/E, Sunny spells here just now with dark skys looking over the Derwent Valley.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

One distant rumble not raining here. Cell went up over here then rapidly ran away.

9 minutes ago, The PIT said:

One distant rumble not raining here. Cell went up over here then rapidly ran away.

Ended up developing more right over Dronfield's postcode S18. Was torrential for quite some time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
2 minutes ago, Stephen James said:

Ended up developing more right over Dronfield's postcode S18. Was torrential for quite some time.

Look at the size of it now on the radar.

Just now, The PIT said:

Look at the size of it now on the radar.

Indeed! It's still raining heavily now. No more thunder though.