Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Strike in central london on lightningmaps and just about heard it very faintly in the distance. Oh, as I type just heard another faint rumble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

On the train back to Bristol from London. Spits and spots in the capital but currently passing through Reading and there's jet black sky to the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Windblade said:

Strike in central london on lightningmaps and just about heard it very faintly in the distance. Oh, as I type just heard another faint rumble.

Heard the thunder from that in the background on the BBC news channel who are broadcasting live from Westminster

Edited by Mr_ Nexus
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
5 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Check that out!imageproxy.php?img=image.pngimage.png

Heading straight to the Isle of Wight again!!!!!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
1 minute ago, Mr_ Nexus said:

Heard the thunder from that in the background on the BBC news channel who are broadcasting live from Westminster

Nice!

Posted

Just had a nice crackle here from the west. Looked outside, very dark, low hanging scud in that direction. Almost looks like a wall cloud. More crackles getting louder and just started raining.

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
4 minutes ago, paul_montague said:

Heading straight to the Isle of Wight again!!!!!.

No.

Posted

Strange, rains coming from the south at a 45 degree angle, but storm is approaching from the west. Rain getting heavier now and thunder getting louder all the time.

A couple of storms near here, one close by to the NNW that has rumbled a few times, and a bigger storm to the nne which looks on course for here in the next half hour or so. Fun day!

Posted

I have rotation on the south flank, clearly visible!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Looking to the north, bright and sunny, and boring. Worst of all its coming my way! Looking south, black heavy clouds moving away :angry::angry::angry:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nope no storm here a distant flash then that was it.

Posted

Rotation has passed over the house now. Rain has switched direction 180 degrees, now coming from the north at a 45 degree angle. Have heard more rumbles but visually seen no sparks yet.

Edited by Windblade

4 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Nope no storm here a distant flash then that was it.

You're hard to please PIT. I think I saw that flash as I was watching that storm from Holmesfield. Had a nice structure to it for a while. Another cell, albeit inactive right now, is heading this way from the NNE. A few rumbles heard from it earlier but it quietened down. Fingers crossed.

Posted
15 minutes ago, anything-but said:

Could run through here if it carries on that direction.

I think indeed it is heading your way. The bulk of it has passed now, althogh I still have some darkness to my southwest it's mostly getting lighter here now. I'm pretty sure that thing was trying to drop a funnel but couldn't quite pull it off.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Also, lots of thunder heard (although visually no sparks seen) but again not showing on lightningmaps.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Another cb coming in now from the northwest. Can just see the tower through a small break in the clouds directly to my west. Rain intensifying...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
2 hours ago, Wet'n'Dry said:

How cool is that? It could well be partly what I can hear, but another observation just now and it looks like funnels are trying to form but nothing worthy of the name just yet!

Mad ain't it. Didn't hear it myself despite getting smashed by pea to marble sized hail shortly after posting that!! 

There was definitely reports of it on here on the 28/06/2012 supercell day just a constant low rumble across Leicestershire and the West Midlands! 

Posted

Sun is shining, it's raining overhead and we also just had a rumble! What a wonderful day.

Posted

Another rumble. That one came from the southwest. Do I have two merging cells here?

EDIT - Just checked netweathers radar and it's exactly that - two cells merging into one. Unfortunately neither one looks particularly powerful, with the only active and bigger more northerly cell losing it's charge by the look of it.

Edited by Windblade