Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

If GFS is to be believed then it looks like instability will start rising from the south where showers move SE. This should help bring more of us into the frame for some thundery stuff, although generally the risk looks to move east through the day as instability recedes from the west. So far the showers around here have been fairly light. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
13 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

It has been a good day for cloudscapes,structures and rainbows,even though i didn't get a storm...AGAIN i did enjoy today,here is a few pics

shower #1

DSC00769.JPGDSC00770.JPGDSC00772.JPG

a CB to my west

DSC00774.JPG

shower #2 that did produce sferics over Buxton before it got here then slowly died out but produced a nice rainbow

DSC00775.JPGDSC00777.JPGDSC00779.JPGDSC00783.JPGDSC00785.JPG

another CB firing up behind shower #2

DSC00790.JPG

and a CB in the sunset(2-5 minute intervals)

DSC00792.JPGDSC00793.JPGDSC00795.JPG

hope to catch a storm tomorrow.:D

Stunningly beautiful pictures, well done!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Today looks to be a hit or miss affair so will keeping an eye on the radar and hoping for the best. Conditions certainly more favourable for my area than yesterday so we will see.

EDIT - Just checked the radar and see things are already kicking off in Brighton, AGAIN! That's it, I'm moving there!

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Just in the middle of a very heavy shower here in Worcester and for 20 seconds we just had some pea sized hail...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

7mm of rain in 9 minutes here.... this is crazy!!

Posted

Shower just started as I type, getting very heavy very quickly. Spotted a small cell brewing to the south a few minutes ago.

EDIT - Oh man this is heavy!!!

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Large funnel cloud reported in Chesterfield earlier today

Edited by ChezWeather
  • Like 3

Posted
24 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Large funnel cloud reported in Chesterfield earlier today

Amazing. If that had touched down it would have done some serious damage for sure.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Shower has just passed. That was amazing. HUGE heavy drops of rain. Blue skies now but more cells approaching from the west. There is a small (but rapidly growing) tower going up to my immediate northwest. Convection looks very good here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Hail, thunder and lightning here which I must admit has caught me completely by surprise! Not a patch on Wednesday night's action mind. :D

Posted

Still not that bad a day here at all actually. Wonder if we might get away without having any downpours although did rain early this morning I know that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Couple of lovely thunder claps just managed to get washing in!

Posted

There's a massive cell just to the west of london that did produce sparks but seems to have stopped for now. It's heading straight for us, so I'm hoping it'll re-electrify by the time it gets here in about an hour.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

Just checked outside again. The tower to the northwest has shot up and turned into a massive cb with clearly visible developing anvil, with cauliflower overshooting the top so cap is broken. All of that in just over 25 mins, absolutely incredible! Another big cell rapidly growing to the southwest and another cell far in the distance approaching from the west (my guess is it's the west london cell).

Edited by Windblade

Posted

My friend in Edenbridge (just south of sevenoaks) just reported he's got a storm.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Out shopping in Chesterfield just now and missed the funnel cloud early'er but a very heavy shower has just passed.

Posted

There's strikes down near rye/new romney way. My sister lives there so she's in on the action. Also strikes in newport earlier where I have relatives.

This is nice. With such a wide spread today it means many people get to enjoy the action.

Edited by Windblade

Posted

The rye/new romney cell is going crazy!

Posted

Just heard a rumble. :)