Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted

Planning to try and intersept the Bridgnorth cell of it keeps its intensity. Do any of you more experienced guys think it will keep organised until it reaches my area, and where would you suggest I head towards, east towards Lichfield, or west to Cannock. Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Cell to my W....can see the rain base and with no cells apparent between.... Bridgenorth i am sure, moving towards Wolverhampton

IMG_7064.JPG

Posted
9 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Planning to try and intersept the Bridgnorth cell of it keeps its intensity. Do any of you more experienced guys think it will keep organised until it reaches my area, and where would you suggest I head towards, east towards Lichfield, or west to Cannock. Cheers

Looks like it's breaking up now so I wouldn't intercept this one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
19 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

If I was going to intercept it from Lichfield I would head north. However, it doesn't really look worth chasing and it's a Friday rush hour so you probably wouldn't be able to even if you wanted to. My advice would be to save your energy and petrol.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Supacell said:

If I was going to intercept it from Lichfield I would head north. However, it doesn't really look worth chasing and it's a Friday rush hour so you probably wouldn't be able to even if you wanted to. My advice would be to save your energy and petrol.

Yeah it has died down a lot now, I can see some dark clouds heading this way, praying for my first rumble/flash

actually, as always seems to happen, it looks like I will have a weaker part of the storm pass over me, whilst to areas of more intense ppn head north and south.

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
7 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Yeah it has died down a lot now, I can see some dark clouds heading this way, praying for my first rumble/flash

actually, as always seems to happen, it looks like I will have a weaker part of the storm pass over me, whilst to areas of more intense ppn head north and south.

Sounds like Telford...

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Currently it looks like you may be well placed, although it is growing and decaying in different places so hard to tell. It will miss to my south though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It seems the wind has it veered passed  what I like to call the 235° point of death. The frequent heavy showers  I have been having have stopped as if  switched off, and there is  unbroken sunshine.  Tomorrow won't be any good either as the flow is  north-westerly. Oh well, maybe sometime next week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Still a good base to the structure

IMG_7068.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!
22 minutes ago, Stormraider said:

Sounds like Telford...

Yep, story of the year stormwise. Storm looks to be heading this way then it decays, only for it to spring back to life once it has passed!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Small rumble of thunder and large rain drops on outskirts of storm near Huddersfield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Ooooh!,some strikes over Buxton:yahoo:

Posted

Large rumble of thunder here, quite unexpected from a shower just giving light-moderate rain.

Posted

I think tomorrow I may take a trip to Lincolnshire and stay there for the afternoon/evening :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

A short while ago. Hook on the cell near Cambridge.

Screenshot_2016-06-24-18-25-15.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Looks like a nice evening ahead here. Lovely warm sunshine now. Thought we may have got something today, lets see what tomorrow brings now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Heavy rain out of nowhere here now. Maybe a flash/rumble? It  would be the first of the year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

So after seeing initial towers earlier everything seems to have either drifted away or dissipated. Quite clear skies here with warm sunshine all afternoon/evening so far. However, I spotted some cirrus a while ago which is usually a good sign of stormy weather to come over the next 48 hours. Going to have to wait and see if anything happens.