Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Heavy rain for 30 minutes here with one clap of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 hours ago, Tom Jarvis said:

sun has tried to break out here 

Sun was out here all day, after this mornings rain cleared

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

That storm in France is totally intense. Seriously - I think it could be the most severe storm I've seen on radar this year.

looks like a supercell on sat24 - the strike rate is bonkers!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Epic rainfall here, and I don't use that word lightly! Nothing to write home about thunder wise though. Roads are literally rivers, barns are flooded at the front.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Big convective drops here in the Black country, even though they didn't forecast anything, also a very dark cloud to the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Absolutely tipping down here in Worcester, Came from nothing just a few minutes ago....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Any good webcams over in France with an eye on that epic storm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
Just now, MartinD said:

Any good webcams over in France with an eye on that epic storm?

Was about to ask the same thing lol

Been a very long time since posting here, great to see the convective thread going bonkers as usual in last 2 days !

Decided not to drive to kent yesterday and obviously made the wrong choice on that. Studied the radar and predictive radar today and chose epping uplands for 5pm, thinking there would

be at least 1 storm cell, but it was not to be and 1 look at the netweather radar on my mobile sent me back home because all i saw was 'thundery rain mess'.

So pleased for those in the south east corner last night, what a show !

Edited by mickeyb44
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

https://www.periscope.tv/w/ajrRGzI1MzU5ODd8MUJkR1lYTnFMT0JLWPanbZADggSjsl3SpkhNwx1xIlYIy1O1DLOPwtTnjcmS

Check out this periscope from Holland. A massive hail storm wrecking a school. Watched it live. Unreal! Just happened 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

London's Waterloo (appropriately named!) is packed as many trains are unable to run due to the rain

Clp_-i-XIAAiD-M.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Is that our lot for today then I wonder? Still dull and obercast with no signs of the ability to produce which is why I've been relying on imports but see nothing on the radar heading our way (the imports crossing the chanel earlier have fizzled out).

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
16 minutes ago, Windblade said:

Is that our lot for today then I wonder? Still dull and obercast with no signs of the ability to produce which is why I've been relying on imports but see nothing on the radar heading our way.

I think that's it it I'm afraid, may get the odd heavy shower, but generally the atmosphere is stabilising behind the storms clearing E Anglia. Some violent storms over northern France, Belgium and southern Holland yet again this evening.

Been a disappointing day with no thunder here other than in the early hours of this morning ... that's the problem with SWly flows it seems, to much cloud cover streaming off the Atlantic to allow surface storms to fire with any vigour ... If the flow was being sourced from the south off the large continental landmass of France rather than Atlantic, I'm sure we would have seen skies clear more readily but still with the moisture and instability. Much of the near continent has seen clearer skies today away from NW France ... hence the severe storms developing in the humid plume present. 

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
12 hours ago, Nick F said:

I think that's it it I'm afraid, may get the odd heavy shower, but generally the atmosphere is stabilising behind the storms clearing E Anglia. Some violent storms over northern France, Belgium and southern Holland yet again this evening.

Been a disappointing day with no thunder here other than in the early hours of this morning ... that's the problem with SWly flows it seems, to much cloud cover streaming off the Atlantic to allow surface storms to fire with any vigour ... If the flow was being sourced from the south off the large continental landmass of France rather than Atlantic, I'm sure we would have seen skies clear more readily but still with the moisture and instability. Much of the near continent has seen clearer skies today away from NW France ... hence the severe storms developing in the humid plume present. 

Thank you Nick. I haven't seen the sun all day and have had a mixture of overcast (but dry), drizzle and heavy rain with a loud rumble of thunder followed by a few very distant rumbles. I must admit I was hoping for a lot more today after last nights spectacular show but thats the way these things go sometimes.

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
Just now, Love Snow said:

Towers going up in Leeds 

There are some very dark clouds to the east, that really developed quickly in the past 2 hours. Whether anything comes of it is another matter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 minutes ago, Windblade said:

Thank you Nick. I haven't seen the sun all day and have had a mixture of overcast (but dry). drizzle and heavy rain with a loud rumble of thunder followed by a few very distant rumbles. I must admit I was hoping for a lot more today after last nights spectacular show but thats the way these things go sometimes.

Rather disappointing for East Anglia (parts of Essex notwithstanding) - last night was only very marginal for us tbh and today really didn't pan out as well as it could have.