Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted

Lmao at the Kent clipper thing and how Kent has suddenly expanded posts was well funny, Anyway couldnt sleep so got up and watched the Hastings Cam would like to of been there tonight good looking storm. Sounds like alot of people have done well and maybe more to come, wish the SW could get something still the rest of summer to go yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
29 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Can see some cells have developed over Dorset, will the SW join the action? Seems like people further west than the highest risk area have actually been hit the worst so far!

Hope you have some joy William

5 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Southern North Sea looks the place to be yet gain!

Think your in the wrong thread it's not always the top of the list. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
1 minute ago, Raidan said:

wish the SW could get something still the rest of summer to go yet.

Hmm, were you available to watch the radar on Thursday? We had a brilliant thunderstorm!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

Nothing here cloud cover over here in warminster but I can't lighting from thos thunderstorms in southeast of me 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Beautiful pink forks, very heavy rain and almost constant thunder - and loud! Activity seems to have decreased in the last couple of minutes although its still flashing and grumbling every minute or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Not much showing on the radar, but driving back to pitsea I could see loads of elevated flashes to the west in the distance, and can now hear distance rumbles here too with flashes every 40s or so, for once here in Pitsea I also have a view in the right direction!

I was worried earlier thinking I would be maybe too far west, and would be a little better off in Benfleet, but now I'm not so sure, looks like there's a lot of elevated activity in the west! :)

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Night night,hope it flashes bright for you all. Stay safe, plenty more looks like it's incoming...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Storms now eased away here in south London, was a little disappointing for lightning intensity as it came over, no really close cgs like a few weeks back when storms came up from the south during the day/ Shouldn't complain, as many will see nada tonight away from the SE.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Windblade said:

Sparks west, south, west, south, west...I can't keep up! Rain getting heavier and thunder louder. This is a powerful storm!

Are you in Bexley?   About 10 lighting flashes a a few rumbles of thunder isn't a powerful storm.  If you aren't in Bexley,  I stand corrected.   Fizzled out here now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Very elevated in the end, some great flashes and bolts and a few good thunder peels. Nothing vaguely severe about it however. Although again would emphasise the peak instability hasn't even arrived yet. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

It seems to have died? No flashes or grumbles in the last 10 mins or so. Still have moderately heavy rain here.

Posted

New cell firing near Southampton, in addition to all the others over France

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
4 minutes ago, Luke Best said:

This is interesting: the track taken by MCSs in the UK between 1981 and 1997.

Source: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1477-8696.1998.tb06352.x/pdf

Tracks of MCSs between 1981 and 1997.PNG

Would've loved number 8, maybe we'll get another one one day! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
2 minutes ago, Odd Spot said:

Don't know if anyone is still checking this cam I put on earlier but someone has put the shower on lol

http://www.flybrighton.com/webcam

I think Brighton airport our doing there document shredding right now lol.... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Luke Best said:

Source: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1477-8696.1998.tb06352.x/pdf

1997 - what a year that was. I think if I am honest, that's the last time I remember a proper imported MCS in this country.  Harry will remember it well, constant booming thunder, lightning flickering. Rain and this weird feeling about it all.  Was scary to say the least.  Tonight is nothing compared to those years.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Luke Best said:

Interesting...32 in a 16 year period...an average of 2 per year and in no doubt some years there would have been multiple. Just to put into perspective how rare these beasts are (further to the debate much earlier today)

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Windblade said:

It seems to have died? No flashes or grumbles in the last 10 mins or so. Still have moderately heavy rain here.

Just saw a flash, lol

Posted
4 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Are you in Bexley?   About 10 lighting flashes a a few rumbles of thunder isn't a powerful storm.  If you aren't in Bexley,  I stand corrected.   Fizzled out here now. 

Yep, right on the very north west border. I saw plenty of flashes and heard lots of rumbles and the storm never passed right over me but tracked north while running parallel to me. I also saw it coming from the flashes 40 miles away.

As I type its still not done, infact I've just had three more frequent flashes, with loud thunder and the rains intensity has ramped up. I think it may be backbuilding.