Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, weather09 said:

Doesn't look too bad to be honest, CDF.  Normal flash flooding you get from a storm.   Was worse here last Wednesday, when whole cars were submerged, manhole covers blown open, roads cracked, homes flooded, and people running for their lives.  You could have taken a canoe out and sailed quite a bit down the road it was that bad. 

Plenty of cars flooded out, manhole covers etc all gone here too. I'm sure it was just as bad here. Everyone I have spoken to has never seen anything near as bad as last night. What were the rainfall accumulations from last weeks storm over you? Here must have been around ~75mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Black skies to the east I think here...not heard any even distant thunder today...it's quite confusing which way showers or storms are moving today even running a radar loop...I think in from the north east...assume there's not a lot of electrical activity out there as the forum is pretty quiet...but here's hoping...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, Costa Del Fal said:

Plenty of cars flooded out, manhole covers etc all gone here too. I'm sure it was just as bad here. Everyone I have spoken to has never seen anything near as bad as last night. What were the rainfall accumulations from last weeks storm over you? Here must have been around ~75mm.

Winterbourne No.2 had the highest official total at 50.4mm. There were probably dozens of independent stations that recorded well in excess of that! They need to find a better way of collecting more data that isn't so sparse in a localised environment, I get this problem a lot down here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
2 hours ago, William Grimsley said:

Was watching that thunderstorm closely, looked very intense!

Cool shot William...

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Winterbourne No.2 had the highest official total at 50.4mm. There were probably dozens of independent stations that recorded well in excess of that! They need to find a better way of collecting more data that isn't so sparse in a localised environment, I get this problem a lot down here.

Just walked to post a letter here before the deadline at 1530 here in Limousin. Two manholes had blown and men were looking into them - literally with stuff spouting out - they are not sewers but who knows if they go off - could be a poo storm!!! We've had a poo storm before - lots of loo paper but I never flush it so not guilty!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
24 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Good call from Estofex with their level 1 forecast.

Posted
38 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just walked to post a letter here before the deadline at 1530 here in Limousin. Two manholes had blown and men were looking into them - literally with stuff spouting out - they are not sewers but who knows if they go off - could be a poo storm!!! We've had a poo storm before - lots of loo paper but I never flush it so not guilty!!

Posted

"Here we go again"...suspect an overhead strike before too long!!! Have unplugged...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Lots of blue sky and cumulus now. Some big cauliflowers going up to my north and south. Still don't think it'll amount to anything but we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a friendly reminder that there is a separate thread for european convective discussion, thanks :)

• Like 5

Posted
7 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

a friendly reminder that there is a separate thread for european convective discussion, thanks :)

As I said yesterday no one was posting there...suspect it might enliven this afternoon!!! Level 3 from Estofex for eastern Europe!

Posted

Mini downpour just then.

Nothing compared to what we have seen so far this week but interesting nonetheless.

Maybe there could be developments here after all?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

As Ben said, lots of convection exploding here. Some torrential downpours going east, one was about to electrify but died instead. I don't think there's enough energy for lightning around here today, but convection is still kicking off so not giving up hope yet. :)

Cell just developed to my north heading straight for me, did look good that way I have to say!

Just had a rumble of thunder to the SE!

Thunderstorm to the SE now!

Cumulus Congestus clouds fill the sky to the NNW now! :D

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It would appear that the storm shield is in full effect. 

Rain seems to be skirting along the coast then going in-land and producing thunder to my east. 

Also, water is wet. 

Posted

I'm busy at the moment, so i've hit record (with sound) on my app- should record to the inbuilt camera storage.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

The Brighton storm shield is breaking. Heavy rain, T&L and the heart of the storm is yet to be overhead.

Edited by chionomaniac
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

No lightning.. But wow, the rain ! Seems like the next valley had lightning 

image.jpeg

Can see the big black storms from here

Posted

Somewhere close has just had -CG i suspect, should have recorded that to play back. :)

It is passing here by a matter of a few miles, looks like Poole is getting battered.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Cumulonimbus clouds fill the sky to the north now, I hope they can develop further.

No more development as far as I can see currently, maybe some thunder soon, looks like they've decided to just rain out. LOL.

Ok, now they're intensifying again and there's now a huge Cumulonimbus cloud to my north! :D

Just heard 2 rumbles of thunder to the NNE! :D

Edited by William Grimsley