Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
8 minutes ago, Windblade said:

I long for some longer lasting mcs rather than these hit and miss pulse type affairs we've seen so far this year.

shoulda come seen me yesterday afternoon-evening :rofl: Must of had about 50-100 strikes within 15 miles in a few hours, rumbles every few seconds!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
3 minutes ago, Delka said:

Can you even remember the last time we had a decent thunderstorm from a nice setup around these parts? :cc_confused: I most certainly can't! :nea:

3rd July last year overnight was certainly marvellous here. Lincolnshire regularly gets storms from any direction except the northeast. It's just the coastlines suffer due to cool sea temps destroying the storms! 

Posted

Lets all take a moment to consider that North Scotland has had just as much rain from near constant lighter stuff pushing through, none of this lovely cloud scapes and thunder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
1 minute ago, Delka said:

shoulda come seen me yesterday afternoon-evening :rofl: Must of had about 50-100 strikes within 15 miles in a few hours, rumbles every few seconds!

Nice! I must admit I think your area is extremely good for storms and potent ones at that. I used to spend quite a few weekends in norfolk and every single visit we had a cracking storm at some point without fail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Day 2 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 05:59 UTC Sat 18 Jun 2016

ISSUED 19:04 UTC Thu 16 Jun 2016

ISSUED BY: Dan

Large upper trough will continue to track eastwards across Europe, bringing a round of severe thunderstorms from Poland / the Baltic states down to the northern Balkans - with large, damaging hail and tornadoes possible. In the British Isles, moist low-level airmass remains across southern Britain, in a rather slack environment. Areas of low-level wind convergence, coupled with diurnal heating, will once again be the main focus for scattered showers and a few thunderstorms in a weakly-sheared environment.

Primary hazards will again be the risk of local flash flooding from slow-moving heavy downpours, although the overall orientation of steering winds will tend to favour some areas that have largely escaped deep convection so far this week. Small hail, locally up to 1.0cm in diameter, will be possible with the strongest cores, while low cloud bases and areas of convergence may promote the chance for a few funnel clouds or a brief, weak tornado.

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2016-06-17

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

(Darth Vader voice) NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It aint fair!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This storm hasn't moved, been stuck to my south for two hours, guess it is staying there until it dies. Haven't had night time thunder and lightning for ages.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

3rd July last year overnight was certainly marvellous here. Lincolnshire regularly gets storms from any direction except the northeast. It's just the coastlines suffer due to cool sea temps destroying the storms! 

Oh yes, the only storm we had last year.. Next village along had 4 beach huts burnt down from thunder!

8 minutes ago, Windblade said:

Nice! I must admit I think your area is extremely good for storms and potent ones at that. I used to spend quite a few weekends in norfolk and every single visit we had a cracking storm at some point without fail.

:rofl:You must have been imagining things! We are lucky to get 2-3 thunderstorms a year that only generate 1-2 strikes! But then further into Norfolk to the east probably does better.. The Wash up here completes destroys anything coming our way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Pulse storms really are a waste of time.

Obviously some lucky folk got direct hits and I'm really chuffed for them. I tried to chase the one earlier near Alton but ended up in a 20min traffic jam on the A3 while it fizzled out. Then storms in a wide circle around Guildford which fizzed within 10 mins. Now storms creeping out of london towards this area but now the sun is dipping they have a limited lifespan.

I'm trying to remember that one day we'll have a belter of a storm here but I would wager to anyone put in my position to hand on heart say that days like today aren't incredibly frustrating, particularly for a storm enthusiast.

Actually - edit that - weeks like these.

I'm in London, Potter's Bar and Birmingham tomorrow but until the next 'event' begins I'm giving up being interested because it's just not delivering for me.

I wouldn't mind if we could have JUST ONE TINY STORM!!!!

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

its started thundering again here. I dont think its from the cell well east of epsom as that seems too far away. Looks like a new one going up closer.

Posted

The one that is near us at present...cannot class as a storm, but like a night after a dodgy curry.......lots of deep rumbles every now and again

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Delka said:

Oh yes, the only storm we had last year.. Next village along had 4 beach huts burnt down from thunder!

:rofl:You must have been imagining things! We are lucky to get 2-3 thunderstorms a year that only generate 1-2 strikes! But then further into Norfolk to the east probably does better.. The Wash up here completes destroys anything coming our way

Yes, I was staying in waveny valley - about 20 miles inland to the west of great yarmouth. Storms galore! The very first night I stayed there we had a massive night time storm that lasted all night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Can't work out what that west of London cell is doing, appears to be broadening but everything is moving in so many different directions. It's vaguely heading towards us but I'm worried that I'm wasting my time even thinking about it ;-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I see the clouds moving in all directions also, its very confusing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A beauty of a structure to my East! I wish I had a clearer view no obstacle.. Arcus cloud i'm sure?!

I'll post some pics in a tick..

Posted

Knowsley road st helens was like a river earlier, water has gone but left damage 

IMG-20160616-WA0004.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
21 minutes ago, Stephanie Starr said:

Yeah last July was great I remember the first night be had in our first house together oh my was a stormy night and all night 

Got a little video of that night storm on YouTube! But my battery ran out. Was a very scary storm indeed at its peak. 

Posted

Just had a quick look out the window again. The cell to the west has shifted south. I think that could be the west london cell I'm looking at. The huge cell to to north is still sitting there doing nothing. Thats it for today I think. Could be in with another chance tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Omg rain radar shows another mass of heavy rain incoming!!

extreme scenes tonight. Places flooded I never knew was possible. Photos coming later. This is something I don't think I will ever see in my life again. It's that extreme. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I reckon here will be 75mm plus. Extreme.