Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Low level clouds appear to be moving north while the cells appear to have a slight southward movement. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Been lovely down here in the far South West. Can seem some massive CB's to my east along the coast heading out to sea.

Apparently there was a tornado in Cheltenham today.. Been thundering in Glos and Chelt on and off now for days.. Yet this always happens when i head out on holiday.

Fingers crossed something comes this way later.. (Unlikely)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Got home a couple of hours ago to see the sun was out and lots of acas built up in my area. There looks like some towers going up to my west. Looking at the radar things are firing up not far from here. Looks like the convergence zone has shifted further south east. Perhaps theres still a chance this evening in the next hour?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

More back building on latest radar 1835? Some extreme phenomena here to keep causing this. Still lightning and thunder overhead. Incredible scenes.

• Like 1

Posted

Cell developed close by here.  Glad I cut the run short when the big rain began.

Close lightning took out the power shortly and small hail too.  Appears to be moving west which is rare.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

bone dry....as it has been all day....welcome to Lyneham, home to the drowned updraft, twinned with the backside of nowhere

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Showers of mod/heavy rain here continue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lightning and thunder frequency increasing again! 

• Like 1

Posted

It's just not giving up to my southwest! Still have bright skies to my northeast. Amazing how it's just not moving.

Posted

this is my view looking south east.

excuse the poor pic quality snapped on the phone

slowly slowly coming this waywp_ss_20160616_0001.pngWP_20160616_001.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Cells in the south east incredibly slow moving as in not moving at all! Hoping the cell to my west fires up as the cloud tops cool.

EDIT - Just checked out the window and theres also a big dark looking cell to my north and quite close. I can't be certain but I may have heard some very distant thunder a few mins ago.

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

What on earth is going on around Stourbridge and Brierley Hill? Hope everyone stays safe and the rain totals must be out of this world by now!!!

A beast of a shower/storm to the NE heading very slowly this way. Kind of hoping it keeps its intensity, but after reading Costa's reports maybe I don't want to get flooded! Some thunder would be nice though :)

Stay safe Costa!

Edited by Stephen James

Posted

1840 frame shows loss of backbuilding to my north again!!! Another loud crash of thunder. Extreme. Anyone know the full cause of this this evening? Never known anything like this. Could be on for 75mm even 100mm at this rate...

Posted

The storm has been centred over Brierley Hill for well over an hour now. Must be incredible down that way. Still hearing it quite a bit from here,

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Keeping an eye out around Derby, looks like something potential just off Derby city if you live in the city let me know if you have any activity. Some more activity behind it too risk of a downpour for towns aound Derby too.

Posted

Torrential rain returning yet again....

Posted

1845 frame another torrential cell building overhead!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think I may need to forget waiting for a storm to hit here and stick to chasing them :doh: Throughout this stormy spell I have seen some amazing storms but at home there has been very little. One small thundery shower on a fortnight like this last one is a bit poor. Still, I have had my storm fix but would be nice to see one over my house so I don't need to think about getting into position and avoiding traffic.

2 minutes ago, whoissean said:

Keeping an eye out around Derby, looks like something potential just off Derby city if you live in the city let me know if you have any activity. Some more activity behind it too risk of a downpour for towns aound Derby too.

Nope nothing here of significance i'm afraid.

Posted

Towers going up all around me at the moment after we had a bit of dizzily rain then the sun popped out and clouds are rising rapidly as I type this 

Posted
9 minutes ago, MartinD said:

What on earth is going on around Stourbridge and Brierley Hill? Hope everyone stays safe and the rain totals must be out of this world by now!!!

It does look like Birmingham and it's surroundings are acting as a heat island type effect allowing constant back building which is then raining out to the west of the city

Similar thing seems to be kicking off in Central London

Edited by chapmanslade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Okay, enough of this I am heading out to chase :D