Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The center of the low must be over Bristol at the moment seeing as stuff is forming all around it except over it haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Couple of fresh strikes to my south, just north west of crawley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A shower  developing here

Posted

Looks like Swansea and Llanelli are in the firing line right now

edit:- some lovely blackness surrounding me here too - so it may kick off here too soon lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I don't know what to do, do I go NE or not? :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
Just now, William Grimsley said:

I don't know what to do, do I go NE or not? :/

That will be your best bet when seeing any storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Rain getting very heavy here here been a while its been this heavy radar  looks impressive.

Edited by dragon falls

Posted
1 minute ago, dragon falls said:

Rain getting very heavy here here been a while its been this heavy radar .

Can see the heavy Blackness over Cardiff from here - looks like a pressure cooker about to go off on one lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Been back to my doctor this afternoon. Sneezing has been ridiculous. Couldn't do my phone work! Double strength anti histamine and a sleep bullet foe tonight!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A much nicer morning here with some decent sunny spells, sudden and rapid convection had led to a torrential downpour, no thunder yet though the sky looks very angry. The raindrops are massive! Soaked in seconds lol.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sun's back out again now. Was a moderate shower. At least cells are moving a bit so it's sunshine and showers rather than just showers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
1 hour ago, SnowJoke said:

Cells going up rapidly to the south and south west of Milton Keynes. Sky is full of towering cumulus and cumulonimbus. Temp sitting at 18.4'c with a DP of 14'c. Gonna go bang soon.

I've been working here for six weeks and have already seen three thunderstorms, MK the storm capital lol 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, ancientsolar said:

extreme is a perception of my point of view.. 
we've had no thunderstorms across the valleys this year.. whilst other parts of the country have. :)
I don't think the weather is right for Supercells... but the way things look I wouldn't rule out a funnel cloud or small tornado. 

We've winds going all over the place, huge towers even with some scud. No precitpitation as yet, but I think any area where they get a moderate amount of heating could see some pretty nice storms including funnels. ( Won't be here, tho. Might be brewing, but they'll go elsewhere to fire!!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
10 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

We've winds going all over the place, huge towers even with some scud. No precitpitation as yet, but I think any area where they get a moderate amount of heating could see some pretty nice storms including funnels. ( Won't be here, tho. Might be brewing, but they'll go elsewhere to fire!!)

Yep! Glorious sun here. Can see the vapour rising too from the heating of the last heavy shower, which is now giving nice distant booms over Lincolnshire. 

Gonna go bang again shortly I reckon as I can see rapidly rising cumulus in the distance. 

image.jpeg

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted

Massive raindrops with this next shower.  This means business 

Posted

Watching the radar. Beefy showers approach my location, then veer off to the NE as if somethings physically pushing them! We've had beautiful convective skies all morning, but I don't think we're getting enough heat to fire anything. That said the sun pops out from time to time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Watching the radar. Beefy showers approach my location, then veer off to the NE as if somethings physically pushing them! We've had beautiful convective skies all morning, but I don't think we're getting enough heat to fire anything. That said the sun pops out from time to time.

Once again there is a patch of nothingness extending from Bristol, through Swindon to North of Oxford.  Seems to be the case on many of these convective days. The skys are very dark in Oxford though and the sun keeps popping out, so I still have some hope for today

Posted
Just now, Vestan said:

Once again there is a patch of nothingness extending from Bristol, through Swindon to North of Oxford.  Seems to be the case on many of these convective days. The skys are very dark in Oxford though and the sun keeps popping out, so I still have some hope for today

You could almost draw a 50 mile radius around Bristol and find sferics along that boundary, close enough to taunt but far enough away that there's no chance in hell of getting any here lol. 

• Like 1

Posted

peeing it down here - but someone's forgot to put 50p (or with inflation a £1) in the meter, as there's no electrics yet!!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, andymusic said:

peeing it down here - but someone's forgot to put 50p (or with inflation a £1) in the meter, as there's no electrics yet!!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

dry here.. it's that unstable though.. you can't even rely on the radar.. it changes so quick!

• Like 1

Posted

That mass approaching Bristol and N Somerset seems to be weakening drastically while everything around it strengthens. Frustrating to say the least!