Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather
1 minute ago, LimoPreacherman said:

6 months and im crying with delight, can start to SEE FLASHES

That's how I get too LimoPreacherman. It's such a downer when nothing happens but a bit of rain ggrrrrr. Its very rare for a storm to visit my neck of the woods and unfortunately I am disappointed much too often. It looks like I'm going to be disappointed again :sorry:

Just now, Squall said:

That's how I get too LimoPreacherman. It's such a downer when nothing happens but a bit of rain ggrrrrr. Its very rare for a storm to visit my neck of the woods and unfortunately I am disappointed much too often. It looks like I'm going to be disappointed again :sorry:

6 months waiting, IM NOT GIVING NOW!

Posted

fantastic storm just passed through Chelmsford :)

nice fun one - lots of C-C -lots of grumbly thunder - fun - absolutely torrential rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
4 minutes ago, Squall said:

Before the 12Z run on GFS it was looking quite good for this time of the day for our area but when the update for the 12Z did happen the potential moved south so I'm guessing that we will probably just get a moderate shower now. We had a shower this morning for about 5 mins it was moderate to heavy but most of this recent potential period we have missed out. However worth taking a look at tomorrows potential later anyway. Just the way things go, we have good years and bad years.

Edited by Greeny

Posted

what seemed shelf cloud esque on 2nd set of storms through Chelmsford

notable rotation - I'm sure one bit of scud was "having a go" but didn't form into anything

Posted

a number of bits of scud seemed to sheer off the bottom of the cloud, and you could definately see it rotating

it lowered lower and lower, but then before it could form into anything it started ascending back into the cloud

stonking storm now we're int he middle of it - very loud thunder :)

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

what seemed shelf cloud esque on 2nd set of storms through Chelmsford

notable rotation - I'm sure one bit of scud was "having a go" but didn't form into anything

When looping the radar I can see part of it taking a right heading southeast in between other bright echos heading towards Chelmsford.

Posted
3 minutes ago, virtualsphere said:

Friskney Show: Funnel cloud lifts inflatable slide - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-36511051

Apologies if already seen, couldn't see a link to it in here.

Yep already did earlier..

There was also one filmed in Beccles and one in the fens also..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Am a bit envious of those of you under the storms to the N & E of London, they really blew up quickly! 

Posted

lightning not as frequent now but still getting some stonking loud thunder :) just a bit more sporadic

being going on for hours now :) !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Couple of showers have passed threw here of late, some really heavy ones over west wight too :D

Posted
3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Bristol's storm shield is up and running today, cells going to the north and south with Bristol getting nada :p

Yep as usual, I've had a few storms this year but these were unexpected but as soon as summer starts and we have periods of convective weather the Bristol storm shield is well and truly up and running! Lost count how many days we've had a chance of storms over the last few weeks and we've had nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

That chelmsford storm looks like an absolute monster!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

What a truly incredible day. The structure on these storms really are sublime too. Closer to home under rapidly rising low level scud now (1st picture) 

some photos of that cracking storm now pounding Essex! Boy I'm glad I chased today! 

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Day 1 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Sun 12 Jun 2016 - 05:59 UTC Mon 13 Jun 2016

ISSUED 17:18 UTC Sun 12 Jun 2016

ISSUED BY: Dan

UPDATE 17:18 UTC SLGT marginally extended N across Midlands, MDT shrunk in size to concentrate on northern convergence zone where best environment for thunderstorms persists. Given notable CAPE and low-level convergence, funnels or weak tornado will be possible with these storms. Southern convergence (sea breeze) so far is less obvious on surface observations and cells here have been struggling to maintain their identity - hence the removal of these areas from the MDT. That said cluster of heavy showers across Dorset sliding east to Hampshire *may* have the potential to turn thundery during next 1-2 hours

3646463.png

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2016-06-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
12 hours ago, Greeny said:

Yep already did earlier..

There was also one filmed in Beccles and one in the fens also..

Ah man, I would've loved to see that. I now await the cringeworthy and quite incorrect news headlines of "Mini Tornado" (no such thing) or "What appeared to be a Tornado" (I'm sorry...APPEARED TO BE???!!!???!?). Grrrrrr.:angry:

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I don't understand how you can call it a bust William? I've read nothing that says widespread, and there's plenty of time left for action to develop in the area that is under a moderate risk, which was issued by convectiveweather.co.uk. Forecasts all good from my pov?!

Not a bust, but it wasn't exactly as forecast was it? We seem to forecast very over the top here.

Posted

Just heard thunder from a dark looking cell appoaching from my west. Didn't expect that!