Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Allseasons-si

Show us your pet

We had a cat that was similar when me and my now wife first moved in together. She was a black short hair called Bonny. She would hunt in the fields and return with all sorts of things, rabbits were her favorite, but voles, mice, rats and birds were also common, even a mole on one occasion. She would be out hunting every day. We had a cat flap which turned out to be a big mistake.

Whilst we were on holiday my Mum went in to feed her every day, and one day we got an exasperated phone call, "Your cat has killed a wood pigeon in the kitchen and it looks like someone has burst a feather pillow"

On another occasion she managed to sneak a (dead) rabbit into our bedroom and eat some of it under our bed, leaving the rest to fester. The smell increased over a couple of days and we tore the bedroom apart, eventually finding the rotting corpse.

And whilst we were entertaining townie guests she brought a large rat in and plonked it in front of me and jumped on my lap for a fuss. Their reaction was priceless, ewws and yucks. I probably made things worse as she always got an extra special fuss if she brought a rat home, as I hate them. The thing is rats never get immune to cats, unlike poison, and having known someone who died from Weils disease I will always try and eradicate them.

She was however gentle with people, and loved to settle on your lap.

• Like 1

My cat watching me paint. She doesn't look impressed.

IMG_1208.JPG

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

My dog.

2016-09-05 17.25.02.jpg

And here's what he does best...

2016-10-01 01.21.05.jpg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 3

On 10/10/2016 at 21:10, JennyJane1 said:

My seagull when he was a baby, still loves cuddling now he's all grown up.

GEDC0168.JPG

Where do you keep it

16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Where do you keep it

He lives in the house and sleeps in a basket.He is more like a dog than a seagull.

• Like 1

Just now, JennyJane1 said:

He lives in the house and sleeps in a basket.He is more like a dog than a seagull.

My budgie flew off at the first opportunity and never came back:sorry:

1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

My budgie flew off at the first opportunity and never came back:sorry:

oh dear. I let the seagull out, he can fly, but he cries to come back in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

oh dear. I let the seagull out, he can fly, but he cries to come back in.

loyal pets them seagulls:good:

Meet Maka!

I'm bouncy six month old Lab/Springer cross. My hobbies are food, walks, and driving mum and dad mad by chewing things. I'm also very cute!

Me at 4 weeks

01a.jpg

and me yesterday

03.jpg

• Like 4

She/he is sublimely beautiful!

12 hours ago, Spikecollie said:

She/he is sublimely beautiful!

Thanks Spike! He's very much a he and we think he's a braw bonnie lad too - but then we are a teensy bit biased lol!

I hope to be adding to this thread very, very soon! Our babe will be with us at the end of February...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cloudy daze said:

Nice will post a picture of pyewacket the cat soon 

WTF

49 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I hope to be adding to this thread very, very soon! Our babe will be with us at the end of February...

Brill! 

I had Maka out in what remains of our snow today. He's totally daft but loves it!

Cloudy daze: love the name pyewacket lol.

i dont have a pet as it does not fit my work hours...i love dogs though and we had a cpl when i was growing up...when i retire i shall be getting a Great Dane to keep me company and go from there.

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i dont have a pet as it does not fit my work hours...i love dogs though and we had a cpl when i was growing up...when i retire i shall be getting a Great Dane to keep me company and go from there.

You can have a dog and work as well. My two previous dogs just got used to it and never got stressed or caused a problem and even came into work with me. Work on it, it's worth it...

Great Danes are amazing dogs, but be aware of the health issues and acknowledge the relatively short lifespan.

I currently do not have any pets. But the one on the top is my Chloe, who sadly passed away 11 and a half years ago. The one on the bottom is Spider, he actually belonged to someone else but he adopted us.

Chloe.jpg

387371_2169746582883_45132112_n.jpg

Edited by Alice1991
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alice1991 said:

I currently do not have any pets. But the one on the top is my Chloe, who sadly passed away 11 and a half years ago. The one on the bottom is Spider, he actually belonged to someone else but he adopted us.

Chloe.jpg

They are beautiful...

• Like 1

I never used to be a big dog lover until I met these two beauties. Neither of them are mine but have lived with both of them

540873_550231217881_1355649833_n.jpg?oh=

604176_545300868341_1021061538_n.jpg?oh=

15181523_703645813127318_618863527898012

Then there was my old pet hamster, Quaver

385682_537357042831_1314428214_n.jpg?oh=

And the pride and joy of my mum's life....her horse George

310877_525658327151_277548495_n.jpg?oh=0

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

They are beautiful...

Thank you. They were very loving.

On 1/17/2017 at 21:26, Alice1991 said:

Chloe.jpg

The bottom picture is almost a spitting image of how my dog lies when he's sunbathing 8)

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matt111 said:

The bottom picture is almost a spitting image of how my dog lies when he's sunbathing 8)

Dogs and cats certainly love their sunshine. :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alice1991 said:

Dogs and cats certainly love their sunshine. :)

Certainly do. My dogs always first to find the sunny spots in the house and once he's found it he ain't moving. Unless the sun disappears. 

• Like 1