Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Allseasons-si

Show us your pet

4 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

She's a lovely cat.  There's 5 cats here of mine, the old girl Scarlet (16 now) is on the settee just out of view.  Do they get on...:blink2:...well ..I do have to "police" them rather alot and have a complicated rota system for sharing the great outdoors.   Lewis and Rupert get on great and they both love Scarlet so all 3 go out to play outside together in a morning (while Butty and Jesse stay in the craft room) and I get them in lunchtime before I go to work.  The latest stray to adopt me Jesse, is a bit mad and chases Lewis around all the while so I teamed Jesse up with Butty (Butty is a bit like Vinny Jones in a bad mood) and they go outside of an afternoon.....they have many dust ups but sort of tolerate each other!!  They all love the log burner and it does seem to have a calming effect, in fact I thought I might have to have it on all through summer lol.  They are settling slowly I think.  At night Butty sleeps in the craft room on his own, Scarlet with Jesse in the kitchen and Lewis and Rupert on my bed!! I literally must be mad....:crazy:

5 cats:help: So you leave them unattended, I did that when i had two cats, they broke stuff.:nonono:I have to keep Chloe in at night because foxes try to grab her.

6 minutes ago, reef said:

Here's ours, complete with bit out of her ear from a fight three years ago. She can't actually meow properly and instead makes all manner of noises to communicate.

rubycat.jpg

Why no meow?

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Why no meow?

No idea, she's just never been able to do it. Her mouth opens and no sound or just half of one comes out. No problems understanding what she wants though!

27 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

:good:

lol watched it, hours of fun with a plant pot

Yep, he gets so carried away with the bloomin pot when its hot he sometimes tips himself up and find him on his back with his legs in the air!!!  Yes, I leave the cats unattended if an afternoon but never leave the 5 together unattended just in case.  I don't blame you keeping yours in at night, mine are all in as well every night. 

2 minutes ago, reef said:

No idea, she's just never been able to do it. Her mouth opens and no sound or just half of one comes out. No problems understanding what she wants though!

Ha ha, cats are soooooo good at getting what they want.  I do foster for a local cat charity and the charity always says, when advertising for homes, that they are looking for suitable slaves to adopt their cats! :) 

I love cats and had two or three for many years but since Arnold died 18 months ago I decided not to have any more as I'm getting on a bit. Anyway Arnold and Lenny. Arnold was a Tabby Point and Lenny a Seal.

Arnold and Lenny.jpg

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, knocker said:

I love cats and had two or three for many years but since Arnold died 18 months ago I decided not to have any more as I'm getting on a bit. Anyway Arnold and Lenny. Arnold was a Tabby Point and Lenny a Seal.

Arnold and Lenny.jpg

Hello Knocker,  we will always agree on cats then.  I adore them, my feline family will keep me amused for hours.  My friend has two siamese (not sure what colour points they are) and a black oriental called Pyewacket!   I came home to a squirrel running around the kitchen a few weeks ago.....I know the culprit was Jesse.  My mum had a wonderful maine coon called Josh, all 19lbs of him and we were devastated to lose him with a soft pallet tumour, he was a fabulous cat.  Mum is 84 this year but has just adopted a rescue blue norweign forest cat she's called Molly.

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bobbydog

20160303_092731.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is my cat hogging the sun bed as usual

IMG_1140.JPG

• Like 1

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.pngimage.jpeg

I have 2 cats.... Charlie is the long haired one who Is famous in the village for his friendliness and good looks,  he is also one hell of a hunter. Poppy is the white and tabby one, queen of the house and spends all day shouting to get fed. She also enjoys a can of carling in the garden from time to time.

• Like 1

My 3 rag doll kittens at 3 weeks, now 6 weeks. The father as kitten

20160704_194706 (1).jpg

11855909_10152891101291467_4571924548642671513_n.jpg

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 1

ok 6 weeks 1 day old now. Just told them about Global warming

20160727_213213.jpg

• Like 2

Bruno.

7b75def736dbf47f4eebec2697576ce6.jpg

An edit to say thanks to @lassie23.

He is a handsome devil - just a 'travelling man' who turned up one day. No ear code and no chip so he stayed with us. I'm sure there is Maine Coon in the genes as he grows a ruff like a lion in the winter.

Edited by Nouska
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nouska said:

Bruno.

7b75def736dbf47f4eebec2697576ce6.jpg

What a handsome cat

• Like 1

My weigie, Lewis (after Lewis Hamilton:D)...in his tunnel.

my foster kitties, the back panthers.  Very happily all going to be re-homed together in a lovely quiet village in Shropshire, just mum to be re-homed now.   

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stewfox said:

ok 6 weeks 1 day old now. Just told them about Global warming

20160727_213213.jpg

How sweet, what are their names? ,look like the 3 musketeers sitting there:smile:

31 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

My weigie, Lewis (after Lewis Hamilton:D)...in his tunnel.

my foster kitties, the back panthers.  Very happily all going to be re-homed together in a lovely quiet village in Shropshire, just mum to be re-homed now.   

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Do cats like those tunnel things?

2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Do cats like those tunnel things?

Mine seem to.  They have two and will chase each other through them or play with toys inside the tunnels.  Jesse hides in them when it comes to going in the kitchen at bedtime - he thinks I can't see him, lol. 

10 hours ago, Snowycat said:

How sweet, what are their names? ,look like the 3 musketeers sitting there:smile:

If we gave them names we would want to keep them.:sorry:

On 6/6/2016 at 13:01, Dami said:

Hammie, Bub's current pet

Garfield, my old Cat who sadly passed away just before I had bubs :(.

hammi pic.jpg

garfield.jpg

Sadly a few weeks ago, we had to bid our little Hammie farewell, but we all felt the hole she had left.

So introducing our new little boy, Ethan.

WP_20160731_12_26_48_Pro.jpg

excuse the pic for now, once i get a better one i'll post it :D

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

North Esk 05.08.2016.jpg

Oag having good fun in the N. Esk.

• Like 1

Ebony, being a cat...

2nd picture after she had been in my workshop

13653395_10207230077933766_7662366837010804604_o.jpg

13876340_10205517975028279_5803452065968088785_n.jpg

• Like 2

On 6 August 2016 at 18:58, mike57 said:

Ebony, being a cat...

2nd picture after she had been in my workshop

13653395_10207230077933766_7662366837010804604_o.jpg

13876340_10205517975028279_5803452065968088785_n.jpg

Oops!  Can't keep up with my Jesse, he was semi feral I guess when I took him in.  Get daily dead voles, (he eats the mice if I can't get them off him), came home to a dead vole and dead rat side by side in the car port last week, keep telling him I don't want all these pressies!  The worst was coming home to a live squirrel in the kitchen, which he'd bought in through 2 cat flaps!!