Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Yarmy

Euro 2016

4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Wales would have won it if they hadn't lost:cc_confused: The final has 0-0 written all over it. Not that many memorable games in this Euro, England wales, England Russia, England Iceland, Hungry Portugal, that's about it. Tournaments aren't what they used to be:closedeyes:

And of course Wales are so good that even pathetic England beat them, never have I seen a country celebrate so hard for so little, they were well outplayed by Portugal..a bridge too far but well done plucky Wales for at least going further than clueless, hapless England. :- )

1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

And of course Wales are so good that even pathetic England beat them, never have I seen a country celebrate so hard for so little, they were well outplayed by Portugal..a bridge too far but well done plucky Wales for at least going further than clueless, hapless England. :- )

Easily beaten by a very ordinary Portugal.

2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Easily beaten by a very ordinary Portugal.

Ronaldo was the main difference with his clinical finish, great header. Bale had his moments but the keeper was very good.

Anyone expecting anything other than a snooze fest of a final? I don't particularly want either team to win it either.

6 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Anyone expecting anything other than a snooze fest of a final? I don't particularly want either team to win it either.

If France score early then it should not be a snooze fest

Portugal for me. After 14 years of holidaying there i've developed a real affection for the Portuguese.

They could easily turn it on this eve after playing v tight football this tournament.

Both sides are not as good as past winners of Euros imo.

2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Portugal for me. After 14 years of holidaying there i've developed a real affection for the Portuguese.

They could easily turn it on this eve after playing v tight football this tournament.

Both sides are not as good as past winners of Euros imo.

After 2004 and 2006 I could never bring myself to want them to win. I imagine it's the same for most English fans. Plus Ronaldo is a monumental bell end.

Just now, Nick L said:

After 2004 and 2006 I could never bring myself to want them to win. I imagine it's the same for most English fans. Plus Ronaldo is a monumental bell end.

He's like many of the greatest sportspeople. An arrogance backed up by true greatness in his chosen field.

France for me, again home advantage will pay dividends I feel. Oddly in the semi finals I was the only one where I work who thought the France would beat Germany.

2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

He's like many of the greatest sportspeople. An arrogance backed up by true greatness in his chosen field.

There's arrogant, and then there's Ronaldo arrogant.

Good luck to r longest allies, Anglo-Portuguese Treaty of 1373. Good luck Portugal 

5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Looks like a 0-0 to me

No way! ALLEZ!!!

8 hours ago, Frosty. said:

I thought Wales had won it with the open top bus parade and the stadium filled and confetti everywhere but there was no trophy to be seen, I don't think England would have celebrated like that!:shok::D

Bearing in mind that Wales had not qualified for a major tournament for 58 years. Getting to the semi final was a major achievement. The smallest country ever to do so.

Some of the sour grapes has been pathetic.

4 hours ago, Frosty. said:

Portugal were very lucky against Wales, and their second goal was offside in the buildup, Once it was 2-0 it was game over.

It was embarrassing losing against England, the only side they beat.

Ronaldo is out. I think....

Edited by pip22

4 minutes ago, J10 said:

Bearing in mind that Wales had not qualified for a major tournament for 58 years. Getting to the semi final was a major achievement. The smallest country ever to do so.

Some of the sour grapes has been pathetic.

The video of the Welsh players going wild at England being knocked out was pretty ungracious too!

And Ronaldo off crying, what a shame!

Damn he's back on.

He coming off he's gone looks like