Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Snipper

Do you know accurately what you did 40 odd years ago?

Rather thinking of the ongoing pressure to prosecute/to hold to account those who might have had some responsibility. 

Edited by Snipper
Spelling

Was wondering  what people from school might be doing. Every end of term when people left we used to sing the song "Forty. Years On Wondering what we were like in our school and our play... Now I have job trying to remember what we had for dinner a couple of days ago....

Probably drinking a few export Guinness stuck on the top of a wave in the North Atlantic.

• Like 2

40 years ago was the summer of 1976..so would have literally been in short trousers at primary school..the yorkie bar came out the same year I think as I remember having one melt in the hot sunshine

My constituent atoms were floating around in the ether, or I could have been a table or anything really.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 09:45, cheeky_monkey said:

40 years ago was the summer of 1976..so would have literally been in short trousers at primary school..the yorkie bar came out the same year I think as I remember having one melt in the hot sunshine

Yes the hot summer 1976 would be my memory but to the exact day now I`ve no idea.

Left school , and joined the Army at Bovington Camp Dorset , running around in that heat , must have been mad:D

Two and a half years old.. just emigrated to Australia. Only memory I have at this age is putting clothes pegs on my fingers and then screaming that I couldn't remove one or two of them.

I wasn't alive, and wouldn't be a twinkle in my parent's eyes for another 10 years.

Good grief, some of you are extremely old!

Edited by cheese

I was 26 and a young "bobby on the beat". I remember that very good Summer too. These days I am an old fat guy :)

• Like 1

I was just about to start a new job. I remember I was going from £28 per week to £32! (before tax & ins). The long hot summer was in full swing & I was going from spending a lot of time outdoors, to being completely office bound. I'd just got my first little motorbike, we were getting thrashed by the West Indies at cricket, Stoke had just been relegated from division 1, but all in all, life was pretty good for an 18 year old!

I was working in Scarborough as a 20 year old about to turn 21 and we used to go to the beach at lunch times for a dip in the sea because it was so hot fantastic summer one to remember

probably spitting out boiled egg at my mum. Hate boiled eggs to this day.