Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

52 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I agree on the Autumn front, I think mild weather will dominate, the first half will likely be warm, settled and dry whilst the second half I suspect will be pretty unsettled and stormy at times. I see very little in the way of chance of cold weather developing at this present time. Hopefully the tide will turn come November when we can get conditions cold enough for snow, otherwise it can stay on the warm side as there is still time for enjoyable evenings and of course saving on the heating bills.

We also need to take into account the cooler Atlantic pool that has been chopping and changing in location but it's still there 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well all that cold front brought was a band of stratus which turned things cloudier for an hour or so, it has cleared now to sunshine and some fair weather cumulus.

The temperature is up to 24C so another lovely day albeit cloudier and a little cooler than yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

How on earth have we got up p 25.5c today!?!...bloody Atlantic coupled with the continuous thermal bubble of heat over France/Spain etc. aaarrrgghhhhhhh!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well all that cold front brought was a band of stratus which turned things cloudier for an hour or so, it has cleared now to sunshine and some fair weather cumulus.

The temperature is up to 24C so another lovely day albeit cloudier and a little cooler than yesterday.

I don't think it even did that here, unless I missed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

^ Oh dear @Froze were the Days. Am I reading you correctly - you don't enjoy this type of weather?

Forgive me, but for me this August has been one of the nicest's summer months I can remember for a while. Plenty of dry, sunny and warm weather to enjoy! I've loved it!

Mind you, I'm already looking forward to the change of season now and enjoying the first crisp, frosty morning. And is it a dream too far to think about the possibility of some early season snow! :)

Anyway that's still many weeks off, so back to the here and now. For the record, here's a quick summary of this August IMBY:

• The highest max was 31.7C and 6 days were above 25C.
  • Only 2 days failed to get above 20C.
  • The last 10 days have been real t-shirt weather reaching (to nearest whole number) 23, 25, 28, 32, 29, 26, 24, 22, 22, 25 and (today) 24C.
  • Finally, there was 31mm of rain (half of that on 2 days), compared with the long-term average of around 50mm for August.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

^ Oh dear @Froze were the Days. Am I reading you correctly - you don't enjoy this type of weather?

Forgive me, but for me this August has been one of the nicest's summer months I can remember for a while. Plenty of dry, sunny and warm weather to enjoy! I've loved it!

Mind you, I'm already looking forward to the change of season now and enjoying the first crisp, frosty morning. And is it a dream too far to think about the possibility of some early season snow! :)

Anyway that's still many weeks off, so back to the here and now. For the record, here's a quick summary of this August IMBY:

• The highest max was 31.7C and 6 days were above 25C.
  • Only 2 days failed to get above 20C.
  • The last 10 days have been real t-shirt weather reaching (to nearest whole number) 23, 25, 28, 32, 29, 26, 24, 22, 22, 25 and (today) 24C.
  • Finally, there was 31mm of rain (half of that on 2 days), compared with the long-term average of around 50mm for August.

Don't get me wrong I like the dry conditions and sunshine but there has been quite a few oppressive days which I don't like...other summers of late haven't been bad so it shouldn't come as a surprise we've at last had a good August (just it's been the best one for a number of years).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

How on earth have we got up p 25.5c today!?!...bloody Atlantic coupled with the continuous thermal bubble of heat over France/Spain etc. aaarrrgghhhhhhh!!!!

Glorious and long may it last! By January I'm sure we'll all be sick of cold wet gloom. I can't get enough of the lovely warm sunshine we've been enjoying for some time now. Plus it'll help ripen my butternut and delicata squash on the allotment :)

Posted

Not sure if this is the right place to post but today I saw an amazing spectacle. 

There were around 50 ducks flying in a certain direction in perfect formation. They were making such a commotion and sounded frantic. The special thing is I live in a large Town.

• Like 2

Posted

if snow is what you yearn for in winter keep track of this great weather site :-) http://longyearbyen.kystnor.no/

Stunning scenary and love watching the snow get lower on the slopes...

For now though I think I will continue to enjoy the wonderful august and now September weather

Long may it continue just as we get to November then lets have a 2010 outbreak where I can finally build a snowman with my daughter

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Since summer is continuing into autumn, I'm making the most of the warm sunshine and getting some painting done. All going well so far, paint brush snapped in half, sealer dried up solid, and my shoe fell off whilst up a ladder and landed in a tin of gloss:fool::rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I am going to lock this thread in a few minutes and start afresh for the new season.

Locked now, new thread here.

Edited by Captain Shortwave