Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Tell you what, Alexis: as Kent are currently getting tonked by Essex, in the CC (473-6!:shok:) I hope it peeses down tomorrow!

I didn't even know there was a game lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well this morning was lovely, but alas the dreaded infill cloud has turned a promising afternoon into a gloomfest. At least it is fairly warm I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Since all the seasons have shifted, summer will probably turn up in September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, alexisj9 said:

I didn't even know there was a game lol.

I went to watch when I was thirteen (at Tunbridge Wells)...I almost got thrown out, for playing marbles in the grass by the boundary rope. There's nowt much more exciting than 'watching' cricket (all the way from the boundary) when you're only 5' 1" tall!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

This morning by the house it was a tad chilly so i put on my thick cardie. By the time we were the other side of the alley, it was so warm in the sun I felt over dressed.

Then hubs says to me will it rain when we went up to pick up bubs and I said light stuff and indeed it did.

Then the wind drops and our house is baking to sleep in even if it has felt cool all day.

For GS it;s summer, i expect it to be a bit warmer.

Posted

Woke up to it still being cloudy and over cast looking, quite humid with little wind around too. Unusual for down here.

Posted

hot cold warm cool rain cold warm cool rain.

The only saving grace is that Thor has blessed me this season, other wise like winter when you would expect cold, I expect at least very warm in summer. IT is a nightmare to dress of a morning.  People here either dress in black leggings or dark blue tight jeans or for men, jeans shorts and flip flops come rain or shine.

I must stick out like a sore thumb in my cardie. I'm too old to care about fashion too much, i'd rather be comfortable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's been out here, too, but only on-and-off...Anyhoo, can someone please blow thirty-six hours' drizzle over to Chelmsford? Kent are in serious trouble!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a bad afternoon here, fairly warm at 22C with some sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Morning everyone,

Really nice morning here. Sunny and fresh but quickly warming up in the strong July sun.

This week looks fairly good with temps up to the mid 20's possible on Saturday but back to the usual values come Sunday/Monday. Not exactly fantastic for July I know but at least there is no forecasted wash out.

To fuel this poor (ish) summer, then be sure to head over to the MOD thread, the usual 'whom can post the most depressing post' is in full swing.

Do any of them have a job?

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Morning everyone,

Really nice morning here. Sunny and fresh but quickly warming up in the strong July sun.

This week looks fairly good with temps up to the mid 20's possible on Saturday but back to the usual values come Sunday/Monday. Not exactly fantastic for July I know but at least there is no forecasted wash out.

To fuel this poor (ish) summer, then be sure to head over to the MOD thread, the usual 'whom can post the most depressing post' is in full swing.

One must wonder what those folk sit and do with their lives, do they just sit and post depressing charts after depressing charts, day in day out - Yeah the weather isnt 30c sunny but its still usable. Just get outside and enjoy it instead of complaining about it and crying because there is no Spanish plume. Do any of them have a job?

Do you?

• Like 1

Posted

Another hot in some places cool in others. Not in my cave, mind. That is at a steady 25oc and always sunny. No :cray: allowed.

Anyway, it's a lovely day today once the the sun hit the back garden and the clothes I have out and bubs fave teddy could dry. It's just the wind, and it is a wind, it's horrible and cold. But looking out the window the wind has dropped \o/

Not a lover of major hot, so ':cray:'  that it's summer and I expect some heat during the day, i'm still in my cardie and a jumper wouldn't of gone a miss this morning :cray:

Missing the chance of storm, could really do with some major out break again. :cray:Not greedy or anything.

must go i need a tissue.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

@stainesbloke - Yes I have a job which is why I only pop on here 2/3 times a week. 

Posted

Another okay day, some sunny spells and reasonably warm.

Morning gang, been very busy hence lack of posts!

I've been invited to the met office! Oh er!!

Anyway, I see the normal people are at it in summer as they do in winter, you reckon it's because they ain't getting enough nookey?.. Just an opinion.

"horror show" "wet summer" they haven't been down here for the last 4-5 days it's been glorious!  

And this continues, south warming up for the weekend bit fresh next week but still warm in that July sunshine.

People see greens and low pressure on a chart for low temperature and bad weather, but don't take into account how warm that sunshine really is with no cloud. I say it every year.

The north can have the "horror show" 

Back to packing orders now, peace!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Morning gang, been very busy hence lack of posts!

I've been invited to the met office! Oh er!!

Anyway, I see the normal people are at it in summer as they do in winter, you reckon it's because they ain't getting enough nookey?.. Just an opinion.

"horror show" "wet summer" they haven't been down here for the last 4-5 days it's been glorious!  

And this continues, south warming up for the weekend bit fresh next week but still warm in that July sunshine.

People see greens and low pressure on a chart for low temperature and bad weather, but don't take into account how warm that sunshine really is with no cloud. I say it every year.

The north can have the "horror show" 

Back to packing orders now, peace!

oo er. you ok um Surrey?

*cough*

Anyway cloudy start to the day once I head out to comment on bubs project book at school I will moan further.

Posted

well I'm back from 'fab finish' had 4 books to look at, my bubs done good. School report coming later and her new class teacher. *hopes will be fine*

So I head there with hubs wearing jeans, a vest top and my light fleece jacket. When the sun comes out I had to take the jacket off, and while most were wearing cropped jeans and t-shirts, I certainly felt over dressed, then I saw a couple of parents in thick jumpers and even a scarf and I calmed down a bit.  When we came out the sun had gone in and it was cool enough to put the fleece back on. I really wish it would sort it out. Needless to say there is some heat in that sun, even at 8:30 in the morning.  

Posted

warm and humid today with a few spots of rain but also some sunshine. Not good when wearing a suit mind you.

Posted

Cloudy warm, with the odd drop falling from the cloud when I picked up the kids, probably still is.