Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
36 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Absolutely torrential here! Lightning every few seconds and thunder shaking the house. makes a change to have something worthwhile reporting from my patch in the south east lol!

Yes, I can corroborate this. Also in East Sussex, just south east of T Wells, and we had constant lightning and thunder, including some big cracks and visible forking, for at least 30-40 mins. Lots of lightnight and distant rumbling before and after. Heaviest rain I've seen in a while.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Currently in a lull. I suspect in about an hour or so it will be starting off again. Dog resting.

If nothing else he is a good storm barometer!

Edited by Storme
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm just amusing myself watching the supercell over Rotterdam - anything is better than nothing lol

• Like 1

Posted

just experienced one of the worst storms i personally have seen! lightening and really heavy rain...... could these storms produce tornados?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

I guess that is what we are hearing here. We have lightning and thunder to NE of us.

Posted

I'm totes bored so off to bed. All the activity staggers to a halt once it reaches land so the chances of anything getting past London are slim to skeletal! Just wish I was in the caravan at the Dog Center in Kerkwijk right now! 

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely crazy rainfall garden/patio under a inch of water never known it here. Very active T&L too a night to remember a stream of nasty stuff ongoing.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Big lightning. Loud thunder. Torrential rain. Squeaking dog slightly happier he on windows sill watching. 

Don't ask.

• Like 1

Posted

Was just going to get some zeds when another very loud cracking of thunder occurred.  

Still raining. We are on flood alert here. Allegedly 15mm rain already fallen with another 30mm expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Storme said:

Was just going to get some zeds when another very loud cracking of thunder occurred.  

Still raining. We are on flood alert here. Allegedly 15mm rain already fallen with another 30mm expected.

had 1 mm , thundering at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It totally missed me.

Yay, the shield is working this time..

Posted

Standard grey murk and drizzle in Norfolk, something which we haven't seen in weeks (she says with a degree of sarcasm)  - seems my forecast was spot on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Impossible to sleep after 5am because of thunder and torrential rain - front path is flooded a couple of inches deep!

It was slow moving, but beginning to ease away now thank goodness......

I'm going to need more coffee to stay awake today, that's for sure.

Posted

Intense rain seem to have lost sferics at moment oh on a plus side no trains via bexleyheath line till at least 8 am off to vote in this deluge booo @Surrey chances of more sferics today

Posted

Murky here too. 

OH just drove to work and said lots of surface water but Mole not flooded as yet. I think we missed a huge chunk.

Doggie very tired and snuggly this morning. He managed really well once he was placed on the windows sill with treats. However, that means I had about 3hrs sleep so going to get some zeds.

Wonder what today's storms will bring, if anything? 

Edited by Storme
bloomin' autocorrect.

1 minute ago, Jimmyh said:

Intense rain seem to have lost sferics at moment oh on a plus side no trains via bexleyheath line till at least 8 am off to vote in this deluge booo @Surrey chances of more sferics today

Moving of nicely and slowly on Sat the cloud is breaking out west.

What a night though wow! Just spectacular!  

Hours and hours of thunder and lightning with torrential rain!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A spectacular night for some, whilst clearly (judging from some of the posts above) others to the west and north of the Region missed the action. I was woken by the storms at 03.00. At the time it looked as if Surrey, Sussex and Kent were about to get pummelled!

Blitzortung 03.15 Lightening Thur23June 03.15.jpg

The overnight rain amounted to 13mm (half inch) here and I'm up to 99.60mm for the month - twice the June average for Suffolk. Local news reporting problems on the roads and rail this morning. Carol on the beeb has just said there were 7,000 strikes in our Region and the NW corner of France overnight.

From this mornings lightening map the next pulse of imported storms forecast for late afternoon today look as if they're down in the Bay of Biscay, heading our way.

Blitzortung 07.35 Lightening Thur23June 07.35.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

2 storms last night.. first about 11pm, then that one that always turns up in the dead of night at 2:30am.. Second one was worth the wake up call:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

A little bit of a non-event for thunder and lightning for this bit of Suffolk methinks, despite the earlier forecast and hopes. Certainly rainfall levels are high enough! Watched the radar until about 230 or so until I was too tired. Thunder was heard as it finally managed to get past London, but nothing like what was experienced further south. Massive show for them! Heavy rain also scuppered chances of any storm viewing here. Looking forward to round two later...