Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Let's hope so, Lassie. After three-and-a-half days' living in the dark, anything would be better than the current pile of sheet!:D

lol I haven't seen any updates yet, hopefully the beeb don't ditch the hot weather for more sheet

Posted

all i  say  this  weather  a  joke the wife asked can she  put the  heating  on in  june  !!!!  i said  yes  its a  bit  cool

• Like 2

All change on the way after tomorrows front pushes through from the East so a cloudy and dull day tomorrow.

As we head into Saturday, waking up Saturday morning and going outside you will already feel the change as the warmer more humid air pushes in

Saturday - 18-21 degrees

Sunday - 21-24 poss higher in favoured places 

Monday - 22-25 higher in favoured places 

Tuesday - 21-23 degrees

HOWEVER! With the heat and humidity.. Yep you guessed it... Thunderstorms. Currently it is still a little too far out for the weekend to really have a good idea of what will happen next. Certainly potential with the right ingredients for some pretty potent storms, not the usual "pulse" storms we have experienced. Of course I know many of us love storms and some of us hate them, so as ever will try and keep people updated :) 

Saturday:

T1.png

Sunday: 

T2.png

Monday:

T3.png

Tuesday:

T4.png

• Like 2

Posted

morning all  another drab  day  and looking at the radar some looking beefy   showers  in the north sea heading our way at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looking good from tomorrow onwards if the models are to believed with some warmth, sun and chances of storms. More hideous gloom and cold today, awful but at least the wind isn't howling today which is a crumb of comfort!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
24 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Looking good from tomorrow onwards if the models are to believed with some warmth, sun and chances of storms. More hideous gloom and cold today, awful but at least the wind isn't howling today which is a crumb of comfort!

I'm making the most of this vile cold weather because we have four months of heat and humidity to look forward to and of course sleepless nights. I was out in my t-shirt shivering and it felt great:cc_confused::good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

I'm with you on this, for some reason I love the heat and humidity, going to France a lot when I was a kid even a baby, some of the storms I can remember witnessing... Well phenomenal. Vividly though was the humidity, of the scale, I remember clear as day one night about 9:30pm was dark and we just had the first storm of many that night, the road and concrete was steaming. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and nobody could work it out. The rain had cooled the ground very quickly but once the storm passed the humidity went through the roof it was about 25 degrees, I loved everyone second of it 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

had to put heating on for a bit this morning, brr actually.

I can remember a storm a few years back when i was working in a room and couldn't actually see it but anyway, i was on late and it was warm but cloudy, but i could see the clouds were getting darker and about hour later had the most amazing thunderstorm (for what i could hear, rain, hail the works) and when it had past, it was very humid and steamy and close outside, never felt anything like it almost topical. It was a pleasure to have a walk in it and I was 5 months pregnant at the time too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Hey no ones posted all day, (well nearly)here goes . Heads up. One of the best movies ever has just started . Back to the future part II

YAY

looking forward to warmer weather tmrw now it's the first day back from holiday 

aaarrrrrggghhhh

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

One and three were better :p

Yeah not much happened today. The weekend luckily is looking much better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Yeah have to agree. Like the biff bits though when he meets himself .

looks like we might have some heat though captain, hopefully it lasts a while

Posted

moning all possible rain showers  heading towards Essex  Kent if the radar  right

Morning gang,

Already feel the change outside light winds and actually suprised at how humid it is already! 

Although we still got the cloud (I did manage to catch some sun yesterday) this will burn back hopefully quickly through the morning and into the afternoon.

Looks like some showers and t storms may break out if we get enough heat, my sweet spot is following the Thames from the Thames estuary and towards Surrey.

Perhaps something of interest too coming in North of London also.

Its next week that we see prehaps some more organised storms 

Enjoy the sun and heat peeps, it looks as though it's here to stay for a while!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Get ready.... summer arriving in a couple of hours time!!! :clap: I'm soooo looking forward to a whole week of warm weather! Throw in a couple of thunderstorms and I'll have a smile bigger than a Cheshire cat.

Cloud Sat04Jun 08.45.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Get ready.... summer arriving in a couple of hours time!!! :clap: I'm soooo looking forward to a whole week of warm weather! Throw in a couple of thunderstorms and I'll have a smile bigger than a Cheshire cat.

Cloud Sat04Jun 08.45.jpg

Indeed, quite a spell being to materialise with warm moist air being pumped North by the spinning low out in the Atlantic a classic Spanish plume and actually fairly early on in the season too! 

Tomorrow even looks hot!! Could potentially be hottest day so far going up to 26 degrees 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Indeed, quite a spell being to materialise with warm moist air being pumped North by the spinning low out in the Atlantic a classic Spanish plume and actually fairly early on in the season too! 

Tomorrow even looks hot!! Could potentially be hottest day so far going up to 26 degrees 

Actually we would need to go higher than 26C to reach the warmest day of the year so far, we hit 27C in the first week of May, which came just a week after snow fell in this region. It was certainly a strange spring.

still dull here, no real signs of things brightening up at the moment.

• Like 3

Posted
22 hours ago, Surrey said:

IThe rain had cooled the ground very quickly but once the storm passed the humidity went through the roof it was about 25 degrees, I loved everyone second of it 

I remember about thirty years ago, dancing in torrential rain in the South of France it was like taking a very warm shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dreary skies yet again this morning, much clearer, warmer air over the N of Europe making its way towards us, ever so slowly. A thundery shower in the Thames Estuary too! Hurry up sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

There's a golden globe in the sky here in Ashford.... any idea what it is as people are looking up and pointing at it?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yet another shade of grey today...:D

1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Actually we would need to go higher than 26C to reach the warmest day of the year so far, we hit 27C in the first week of May, which came just a week after snow fell in this region. It was certainly a strange spring.

still dull here, no real signs of things brightening up at the moment.

That was near me the highest temp was recorded I think?  Heathrow or close? I think Sunday may top out a touch warmer IF we get no cloud bubbling up 

Posted

Painfully slow waiting for it to brighten up. Still only 13.4c at 11am and the edge of the cloud is still 70 miles away!