Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yep sun finally here just before it goes.

No thunder?

no surprise there:closedeyes:

So today didn't really go to plan, the pesky cloud a real stubborn beast, areas further East though especially Norwich basked in the first sun for 4-5 days? 

Tomorrow however promises to bring more widespread sunshine (I hope) the cloud is finally moving off.

Thunderstorm wise nothing tonight, possible the west of the region tomorrow I think it's Monday night and tuesday things could go bang :) but nothing set in stone 

Enjoy the weather folks! Could be a cracker tomorrow 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

So today didn't really go to plan, the pesky cloud a real stubborn beast, areas further East though especially Norwich basked in the first sun for 4-5 days? 

Tomorrow however promises to bring more widespread sunshine (I hope) the cloud is finally moving off.

Thunderstorm wise nothing tonight, possible the west of the region tomorrow I think it's Monday night and tuesday things could go bang :) but nothing set in stone 

Enjoy the weather folks! Could be a cracker tomorrow 

Cloud very stubborn indeed! Didn't shift at all but it did feel much warmer and more humid today with very little wind. Fingers crossed for a sunny day tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Sky did clear here at about fiveish. Now it's clear and warm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A disappointing day here to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

oo it's still cloudy, but maybe it will burn away today. 

hate sundays.

Never ever in my life of watching weather and an imby have I ever woken up, 6 days on the trot to a cloudy sky, a week to truly forget.

So it's cloudy this morning.. Again, but with the north seas cool waters and the warm humid air running over it it's not surprising. 

I'm hoping it burns back, to leave a glorious day and the BBQ can come out!

Storm wise, nothing today I don't think to far east and to be honest, today doesn't even look Great for the west unless the cloud shifts.

Have a good Sunday all :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Ooh look, yet more North Sea clag......at least the Met Office are more confident that it'll burn off quickly and we shall see the sun today. I live in hope :)

Posted
18 minutes ago, Surrey said:

27 degrees possible West of London today so Heathrow usual spots which would put today as the hottest day so far if it pulls off..

IF it pulls off. Massive area of clag covering most of the North Sea, hope it's not heading this way. Potential for some really nice temperatures if it clears up, as you say :)

Edit: some blue sky and sunshine appearing! 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
8 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

A disappointing day here to say the least.

Yeah the north sea muck is being very very stubborn. It returned up here around 11pm and has again managed to cover most of the region. I certainly hope that thing improve much quicker today.

Welcome to the forum by the way :hi:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

IF it pulls off. Massive area of clag covering most of the North Sea, hope it's not heading this way. Potential for some really nice temperatures if it clears up, as you say :)

Edit: some blue sky and sunshine appearing! 

Yep sun been coming through here and the largest area of blue sky I have seen in a week!! 

DSC_0392.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is coming out here now as well thankfully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well looking at the rather poor MO 7 day forecast it doesn't look like summer much.

No higher than 20c plenty of cloud after tuesday, that's on the coast here.

Nice easterly, hopefully keep all those horrible humid conditions to those that love it west of London. :)

1 minute ago, seaside 60 said:

Well looking at the rather poor MO 7 day forecast it doesn't look like summer much.

Nice easterly, hopefully keep all those horrible humid conditions to those that love it west of London. :)

Immediate coasts this coming warm spell was always going to be touch and go with the winds coming down from the North. But hopefully it can burn right back to the sea and it breaks through like yesterday 

Here.. Oh man I've missed the sun 

DSC_0393.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Immediate coasts this coming warm spell was always going to be touch and go with the winds coming down from the North. But hopefully it can burn right back to the sea and it breaks through like yesterday 

Here.. Oh man I've missed the sun 

DSC_0393.JPG

Dont mean to be picky but the winds are now going to be coming from the east!!!!!

Last week was from the north??

Funny enough they show it going more southerly come saturday and still give cloud and 19c.
They do need to get these computer forecasts a little better lol..

9 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Dont mean to be picky but the winds are now going to be coming from the east!!!!!

Last week was from the north??

Funny enough they show it going more southerly come saturday and still give cloud and 19c.
They do need to get these computer forecasts a little better lol..

Could be right, East across the North Sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Well have been sitting out under grey skies not just willing the sun to come out but talking to it very nicely giving it some support and encouragement to beat the cloud and burn through. 5 minutes in and it's getting warmer and brighter..  So guys n gals a l'il ole word in Mr sunshines ear might be order..  Its getting stronger as I type.  Still got some work to do yet to burn it away but it's not through lack of trying :D

Edited by Hearts in Herts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

GFS saying it will be a very nice week for our Region. Tuesday looking to be the only blip, with some heavy, possibly thundery showers around, particularly for the SE corner. Weds & Thurs could have some North Sea clag around to start, but burnt off by mid-day. Friday showing a breakdown coming in from the west, but not spoiling things here until later in the day. But as ever, we'll have to wait to see which forecast is right! :)

GFS charts courtesy of tameteo.com. Monday through Friday at 12.00:

GFS Mon06June.jpgGFS Tue07June.jpgGFS Wed08June.jpgGFS Thur09June.jpgGFS Fri10June.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Hopefully the cloud will burn of soon and you guys can enjoy the Sun.

Meantime here on the Cheshire Riviera another cloudless Day with warm sunshine temperatures rising nicely

Meto going for a high of 24c

C.S  

Posted
34 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Sunny but surprisingly coo,:cc_confused:

Indeed the sun has made an appearance praise be! It does not feel warm though the wind is still coming from the north/east going over a chilly North Sea suppressing the temperatures no doubt, 15c here I highly doubt we will even reach the mid 20's - however one can't moan. :)