Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Be patient, lassie, the sun has made a long-awaited appearance, up here.:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Probably another couple of hours then:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

It's really really trying here.  Been sitting in my onesie in the garden and has been grey and murky but def more humid and a slight warmth in the air amongst the slightly cool get the breeze.  The big yellow thing we haven't seen for a while is there. I know where it should be this time of day and there is a def hint of brightness in that vicinity. 

A strange feeling waiting expectantly for summer to start in a few hours. And not just summery weather but my absolute favourite type of weather: sun, heat and humidity.  Yes I will most likely be caught out moaning from time to time how I cannot sleep or it is just too muggy but that will all build my excitement of waiting for the first potential storms of the year. And the best thing? If they don't appear here I will be a very happy bunny anyway with with the sun and warmth and love hearing others reports, radar watching, hoping and even watching a good old storm or two on my laptop on the good old Webcams dotted around favored storm locations here and over the channel.  

So all in all, for me personally, I am looking forward to a weather win win situation 

Enjoy everyone 

• Like 3

Posted

I'm eagerly anticipating the trough feature that's threatening some lively thunderstorms during the early part of next week; a slow-moving wodge of humdingers will give us all a treat?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
35 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I am starting to think that I might be waiting until tomorrow, not even a hint of brightness. Alas I think I am just in the unlucky spot with the wind aligned perfectly with the Wash and hence will likely keep the cloud all day.

Posted

Up here its really foggy! I'm just 2 streets from the Beach looking over the wash, but trying to spot it is like looking up at the sky! Its not feeling much warmer here at all either, 11.3c, roughly the same as every other day this week. :nonono:

Posted
25 minutes ago, Hearts in Herts said:

It's really really trying here.  Been sitting in my onesie in the garden and has been grey and murky but def more humid and a slight warmth in the air amongst the slightly cool get the breeze.  The big yellow thing we haven't seen for a while is there. I know where it should be this time of day and there is a def hint of brightness in that vicinity. 

A strange feeling waiting expectantly for summer to start in a few hours. And not just summery weather but my absolute favourite type of weather: sun, heat and humidity.  Yes I will most likely be caught out moaning from time to time how I cannot sleep or it is just too muggy but that will all build my excitement of waiting for the first potential storms of the year. And the best thing? If they don't appear here I will be a very happy bunny anyway with with the sun and warmth and love hearing others reports, radar watching, hoping and even watching a good old storm or two on my laptop on the good old Webcams dotted around favored storm locations here and over the channel.  

So all in all, for me personally, I am looking forward to a weather win win situation 

Enjoy everyone 

Humidity sucks lol, can't do anything without sweating buckets, last summer i even stuck to a chair and took it with me when i got up.:crazy::closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 6/3/2016 at 12:02, Dami said:

had to put heating on for a bit this morning, brr actually.

I can remember a storm a few years back when i was working in a room and couldn't actually see it but anyway, i was on late and it was warm but cloudy, but i could see the clouds were getting darker and about hour later had the most amazing thunderstorm (for what i could hear, rain, hail the works) and when it had past, it was very humid and steamy and close outside, never felt anything like it almost topical. It was a pleasure to have a walk in it and I was 5 months pregnant at the time too. 

I'm wondering if it's the same storm, or from the same system anyway, when I lived in Croydon, we had a similar storm to what you describe, and after it there was fog about while the moisture from the storm was rising. 

Posted

Still cloudy here. but feeling warmer than it has been, and with the lack of breeze even a bit muggy, which is something I rarely notice here.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi folks,

Humidity is beginning to ramp up a dew point of 16C indicative of a humid wet airmass to the NE of the region, I'm no fan of humidity but if it bolsters risk of thunderstorms I can take it. 

Had a respite from London for a week down the balmy sunny south coast (Winchelsea) it was anything but -however on one particular day (Monday?) there was a fetching sunset.

General picture  slate grey skies - 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Monday evening a lovely pinky purple hue to the sky :) 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely peaceful looking spot @Daniel* and what a wonderful purply tinge to those sunset pics. I hope you had a great week.

Latest satellite shows the clearance continuing to make progress from the east. Hopefully it will make all of the Region whilst the sun is still strong. It cleared here around 13.00 and in the sunshine the temp has shot up from 15.6C and is now 21.8C. Garden furniture and sun umbrellas are out and I'm sat in shorts and t-shirt reading a book and listening to my iPod. Memories of the last gruesome week already fading. Can't wait for the sun to pass over the yardarm so I can crack open a tinny or two! :)

Cloud Sat04Jun 14.55.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Poxy weather.
Goes from one extreme to another.

Bright dull bits and now 21c from 12c yesterday.

You can feel the horrible humid feel and to be honest if this gets worse I will be doing a northerly dance lol...

Hope the sea breeze picks up for the next few days.

Posted

It's still cloudy but it's now thin enough for the sun to shine though and cause shadowing, so getting there at last, and defo getting muggier.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Finally the cloud is starting to break up. The temperature is up to 18C which isn't too bad, we might scrape 20C before temperatures drop off.

Sums it up really, just 15 minutes it took for all of the low cloud to simply melt away to leave clear (if somewhat hazy) skies.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
3 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Hi curgorgeousy,

Humidity is beginning t o  ramp up a dew point of 16C indicative of a humid wet airmass to the NE of the region, I'm no fan of humidity but if it bolsters risk of thunderstorms I can take it. 

Had a respite from London for a week down the balmy sunny south coast (Winchelsea) it was anything but -however on one particular day (Monday?) there was a fetching sunset.

General picture  slate grey skies - 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Monday evening a lovely pinky purple hue to the sky :) 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice pictures Daniel,seems like a different world here ini the NW

Today reahed 23c but the storm clouds are currently gathering

Sunday and Monday look like been gorgeous

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

I'v a sneaky feeling that, after seven straight days of hideous cack, we could (barring any early-morning mist/fog/low cloud) be about to experience almost a week's worth of wall-to-wall sunshine? The 'trough feature' that was exciting me earlier appears to have vanished from the BBC forecasts.:D

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I'v a sneaky feeling that, after seven straight days of hideous cack, we could (barring any early-morning mist/fog/low cloud) be about to experience almost a week's worth of wall-to-wall sunshine? The 'trough feature' that was exciting me earlier appears to have vanished from the BBC forecasts.:D

So did my sun, never showed up:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

So did my sun, never showed up:closedeyes:

Patience Master Luke. Use the force?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
19 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Good to see it does't take much to excite you Ed. :diablo:

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Looking at the models, probably Tuesday will see the highest risk of showers. Tomorrow and Monday possibly seeing highs of around 27C inland. Becoming drier and a little cooler during the second half of the week as the ridge over us is eroded away along with the warmest 850s. That said it should remain mostly fine and pleasantly warm. A good week coming up.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Patience Master Luke. Use the force?:D

If i could use the force, i'd bring a blizzard in on Monday morning so nobody could go to work:good:

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Nice pictures Daniel,seems like a different world here ini the NW

Today reahed 23c but the storm clouds are currently gathering

Sunday and Monday look like been gorgeous

C.S

Hi C.S,

Cheers for the kind words including @Blessed Weather I did indeed :) 

Quite. While the north and west has basked in warm sunshine we've got absolutely sod all not even a glimpse, it really does get you down especially when you book a week off to be greeted to endless cr@p - we've been plagued by an impermeable layer of cloud it just will not budge.

I suppose the North Sea is still relatively cold, while the land is warming up creates that breeding ground for crud which has devoured our region. I can't speak for everyone but it's been a diabolical start to British Summer achieving maxima set in December and January this past week, at least it's been dry even so some Atlantic driven weather may have helped in breaking it up. It's reassuring that this disparity is set to conclude hopefully not at your expense! The bbc weather app had sunshine with a top temp 23c barely gone above 17c today. Can't even get it right on the day, well hopefully this summer is a good un for us all. :good: 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
Just now, Daniel* said:

Hi C.S,

Cheers for the kind words including @Blessed Weather I did indeed :) 

Quite. While the north and west has basked in warm sunshine we've got absolutely sod all not even a glimpse, it really does get you down especially when you book a week off to be greeted to endless cr@p - we've been plagued by an impermeable layer of cloud it just will not budge.

I suppose the North Sea is still relatively cold, while the land is warming up creates that breeding ground for crud which has devoured our region. I can't speak for everyone but it's been a diabolical start to British Summer achieving maxima set in December and January this past week, at least it's been dry even so some Atlantic driven weather may have helped in breaking it up. It's reassuring that this disparity is set to conclude hopefully not at your expense! The bbc weather app had sunshine with a top temp 23c barely gone above 17c today. Can't even get it right on the day, well hopefully this summer is a good un for us all. :good: 

Just had a torrential downpour now

cleared but can hear Thunder in the

distance 

Been in work all week but has felt

good driving home with the air con

on hope summer gets to you guys

soon

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

The sun FINALLY broke through. Too bad it'll be gone soon. Nearly reached 20C which is a shock to the system after 3 days of failing to reach 14C. Go to hell North Sea. 

• Like 1