Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Here y'all go. I do hope I've done it right!:D

Old thread: 

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 3

Posted

Working from home today and the central heating is on at full blast!

Outside temperature: 13.2C

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cheers Pete;

Following from this morning.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

can this cack go away please.

Posted

Can Ireland have its weather back please. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dreadful day here with a 'high' of just 13C, absolutely ghastly for the 1st day of Summer. Wind still howling at 21:40! GFS gives our region a glimmer of hope past the weekend with some heat modelled to arrive...yes please. 

I wouldn't call the last 2 days "cold" I was outside yesterday in a t-shirt then again, I am 22 and fat so I probably don't feel it as much. Heck, I don't really feel the cold at all its been -5 outside and mum don't put the heating on, she says "start the fire, put on a jumper" and myself and 3 siblings would all do it, when monies is tight you do what you gotta do to survive.

Certainly though, in weather terms we are below average with temps currently, but certainly a warm up on the way!! 

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Morning  all 4 days  in  sunny  days in Norfolk ie  cromer ,Sheringham  was 12!,, with the  wind chill was  more like  7!,, yesterday it's  still  blowing a  gale  and   cold  well heading back to suffolk  soo :D

Posted

Not been above 12c here since Monday..

Edited by Delka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another awful day weather wise with leaden skies, howling N'ly winds and just 11C currently. Hopefully the last day like this for a long time! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

4 days of Grey skies and a cold wind. Although I hate Atlantic lows I would of actually in fact preferred lows swinging in as at least it would have been warmer.

Not everyday Western Scotland and all of Ireland (5 days in a row) are bathed in warm sunshine whilst the SE is grey and cold. 

Our other office is based in Glasgow and I speak to my Scottish colleagues daily.... You know how the Scots are very quick to moan and criticize when the South gets Snow in winter. branding us ''wimps'' - Well they do exactly the same at that yellow thing in the sky... ''Panic attacks at a mere 22c'' - 

Its hilarious - everyday on the phone they feel the need to tell me how sunny it is and how hot it is..... VERT HOT? Since when is 22c very hot? 

But you can be sure ive called them wimps all week - LOL, telling them that 22c is common in London and to stop complaining just like they tell me to, when it snows down here.

• Like 1

Posted

Forecast says brightening up this arvo - no sign of that, it gets lighter...then darker again! This week I've had enough of damp washing lying about!

Watched the Southwold webcam last night as we're off there in a few weeks - it looked apocalyptic :D Drizzle, sea fog, sweeping beam of a lighthouse in the chilly mizzle....is this really June!?

Roll on Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still cloudy with occasional drizzle here, hope the cloud goes away soon. Family day at the fair so of out for a bit now regardless.

Posted

Though still cool, cloudy and breezy, today is nowhere near as dark as the last 2 days have been. It's amazing, I can read without having 2 lights on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Meto latest tweet ... Could get to 25c at the weekend somewhere in our patch.. Chin up people - The cold grey dank weather is about to go away :-) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well a few glimmers of the sun today, but also some light drizzle at times. I guess that is an improvement on the last couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Seasonal

Another day of grey skies and a keen wind. We made 12c!! Ventured in to Norwich just now and did see a tiny patch of blue sky (shock, horror!!). I don't have fancy stuff for measuring wind speed, rain fall, pressure etc. But, we do have solar panels. Taking Monday to Wednesday's generation total this week, you have to go all the way back to 4th-6th February to find another 3 consecutive days with a lower number; all the more amazing when you consider the hours of daylight available now compared to early Feb. An abysmal start to summer!:angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Arid Acle said:

Another day of grey skies and a keen wind. We made 12c!! Ventured in to Norwich just now and did see a tiny patch of blue sky (shock, horror!!). I don't have fancy stuff for measuring wind speed, rain fall, pressure etc. But, we do have solar panels. Taking Monday to Wednesday's generation total this week, you have to go all the way back to 4th-6th February to find another 3 consecutive days with a lower number; all the more amazing when you consider the hours of daylight available now compared to early Feb. An abysmal start to summer!:angry:

Heat wave next week though

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Heat wave next week though

Let's hope so, Lassie. After three-and-a-half days' living in the dark, anything would be better than the current pile of sheet!:D

• Like 1