Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Look. Weather listen. You DON'T have heavy showers go round me all weekend long and when I finally decide to put some washing out you don't decide to come in stealth mode and re-soak my towels.

:nonono: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
1 hour ago, Dami said:

Look. Weather listen. You DON'T have heavy showers go round me all weekend long and when I finally decide to put some washing out you don't decide to come in stealth mode and re-soak my towels.

:nonono: 

Same here yesterday, those elevated storm's skimmed past to the west. Had some amazing clouds and the storm's were frustratingly close too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice day all in all, some much needed rain and nice and cool, same it's got humid again tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely cool sunny morning down to 14c earlier.
Couple showers yesterday enough to make the washing wet but little else.

Posted

wow lovely morning, cloud clearing, nearly clear blue now, and feeling nice and fresh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A bright and fresh start here too, apart from a few isolated showers it will be a decent day and a quite warm one by mid-afternoon.

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160829;t

21-24C so not bad at all.

As for the rest of the week.

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160829;t   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160829;t   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160829;t   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160829;t

Temperatures around or above average with Tuesday and Wednesday possibly pushing 80f in sheltered spots. Little if any rain forecast either so overall a decent week.

Posted

Cool and overcast here for the moment, thnk it will rain soon, so I am doing some housework.

Going to wash the floors and put some washing on, also decided to try the porridge on low in the slow cooker, will look at it again in a few hours, I just had the idea that it might be nice to wake up to steaming hot porridge in the winter months.

Final recipe - porridge oats, milk, sugar, golden syrup, cinnamon, banana.

Have also set some potatoes to boil in their jackets so that they can be baked tomorrow, boiling them first makes them nice and fluffy inside.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

Final recipe - porridge oats, milk, sugar, golden syrup, cinnamon, banana.

Porridge is ready a lot qucker than I thought it would be, so that was just under two hours on a low setting. I can do this in the evening in winter then heat it again the next morning in the microwave.It tastes delicious.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just a little earlier this morning the BBC were forecasting a high of 24c for London today, now it's only forecasting a high of 20c.

Don't think I've ever seen such a big change for the same day. 

EDIT: Don't think it's accurate as Heathrow is already recording 22c at 12.50

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Made it up to 23C here in South Essex though it has clouded over a bit now. The London forecast looks very strange as it is forecasting a low of 7C tonight which is about 6 degrees lower than the surrounding regions. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
33 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Lol what another glorious late Summers day.. Hyde Park was gorgeous today!

Still waiting for the "thundery break down to cool conditions" that was hyped up by a select few this week, might be a few degrees down on last week but no means the cool cloudy conditions.

High pressure high pressure boys and girls! 

It's usually full of weirdos that park:oops:Weather wise, sun and more sun, followed by sunny intervals and outbreaks of even more sun. As for the outlook....sun

• Like 2

Posted

High of 22.8 here today, felt fresh through out, at last. On the down side my hay fever is back.

Oh my... What a day! Summer just keeps on giving absolutely stunning.. Some pics from where I work this morning and my handy work.. Feels like being on holiday working 

DSC_0005_4.JPG

DSC_0010_3.JPG

DSC_0008_3.JPG

DSC_0009_3.JPG

I've done office work, that's not for me. This is the one. Even in winter, the crisp fresh days LOVE IT!

Rain and wind ain't to bad just strim grass all day, when the water in the grass hits the strimmer head, it produces steam, instantly, so you look like a wizard going round LOL!

• Like 2

Posted

A glorious day again, just stopped for a coffee at the services at Stansted. Outside in the sun and it feels lovely. We should hit 27c somewhere today.

Posted

When was the last august like this one, I can't remember. Beautiful day after beautiful day, even on the few day's that it has showered during the day, it's been t'shirt weather.

• Like 2

Posted

Mostly sunny stil, just a few bits of fair weather cloud, a light south westerly breeze, the temperature is up to 27C.

Posted

How to become easily confused - log into Netweather, read post by Surrey saying that we want it to turn from rain into snow.

Spend a while wondering why we want that, and if it is even possible with these temperatures.

Realise that somehow I am reading a post from last February and not the latest posts.

Its not going to snow right now.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

How to become easily confused - log into Netweather, read post by Surrey saying that we want it to turn from rain into snow.

Spend a while wondering why we want that, and if it is even possible with these temperatures.

Realise that somehow I am reading a post from last February and not the latest posts.

Its not going to snow right now.

Was a bit hot for snow today:oops:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well Mr bins has now left the area, the weather did him proud, spending all night painting

the house he was going to leave (and i mean all night, got woken up at 4am by him) not a splash of rain.

Lovely days, perfect for loads of washing:closedeyes: bah.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

well Mr bins has now left the area, the weather did him proud, spending all night painting

the house he was going to leave (and i mean all night, got woken up at 4am by him) not a splash of rain.

Lovely days, perfect for loads of washing:closedeyes: bah.

Was hoping it would rain on Mr Bin's paint work:oops:

Posted

Another fine and sunny start here in the fens, looks to be the same elsewhere in the region.

It will be a sunny morning but we will see a band of mainly high cloud push east this afternoon which could produce a few spots of rain, this should clear the south east by the end of the day.

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?31-06

Temperatures should reach 22-25C so another warm day for most. The temperatures for tomorrow looks similar (mid-twenties) with plenty of sunny spells again, though cloud will increase late in the day.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes Captain, another wonderful start to the day for our Region. What a month! I'm starting to feel like I do on summer holiday trips down to the Med - waking up and never doubting the sky will be blue! :D

Should be lovely this morning before that band of cloud out west finally makes it here - as so often the case in summer, any rain fizzling out before reaching the east of the Region.

Cloud Wed31Aug 07.55.jpg

So if the GFS 06z is to be believed, there could be 2 more possible short lived plumes, if that is to happen (lots of change) I reckon we could break some temperature records. Although, September strictly speaking is Autumn, I've known in the past for summer to finally start kicking in (not this year of course we have been very lucky) 

As we head into September, I currently feel we will see much of the same as August, perhaps with a better chance though of seeing some thunderstorms.

Im sticking my neck out on this but I got it right last year perfectly. I can see a much warmer than average Autumn into winter (this side of the new year) 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
16 minutes ago, Surrey said:

So if the GFS 06z is to be believed, there could be 2 more possible short lived plumes, if that is to happen (lots of change) I reckon we could break some temperature records. Although, September strictly speaking is Autumn, I've known in the past for summer to finally start kicking in (not this year of course we have been very lucky) 

As we head into September, I currently feel we will see much of the same as August, perhaps with a better chance though of seeing some thunderstorms.

Im sticking my neck out on this but I got it right last year perfectly. I can see a much warmer than average Autumn into winter (this side of the new year) 

I agree on the Autumn front, I think mild weather will dominate, the first half will likely be warm, settled and dry whilst the second half I suspect will be pretty unsettled and stormy at times. I see very little in the way of chance of cold weather developing at this present time. Hopefully the tide will turn come November when we can get conditions cold enough for snow, otherwise it can stay on the warm side as there is still time for enjoyable evenings and of course saving on the heating bills.

• Like 2