Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
17 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Wow! That's an area of very intense storms. Lightening galore! What a shame it's not a tad further East....... :(

Radar 15.40 Radar Sat27Aug 15.40.jpg Lightening 15.48 Lightening Sat27Aug 15.48.jpg

So the EURO4 outsmarted the other models on the rain. Pretty poor show with the temperatures, going to be at least 4C too low for London and many other SE locations

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
2 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

Am I on the right regional thread?

Hi @loopydreamer yes your are on the right thread. Looks like you have a cell heading your way! Enjoy!

Posted

Thanks snoopie :) ... I continue to hear the odd distant rumble. I'm going out to take another look ;)

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
2 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

Thanks snoopie :) ... I continue to hear the odd distant rumble. I'm going out to take another look ;)

It looks like its shifted North of High Wycombe towards Stokenchurch......:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

Am I on the right regional thread?

God knows, LD...But, here I sit in the most thunderstorm-prone area of the UK and, what do I have? Ghastly betty swollocks weather and a NE wind howling through the eaves...What's more, due to a complicated wind-shear pattern, I can't discern what's coming from where...

Think yourself lucky?:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Just now, Ed Stone said:

God knows, LD...But, here I sit in the most thunderstorm-prone area of the UK and, what do I have? Ghastly betty swollocks weather and a NE wind howling through the eaves...What's more, due to a complicated wind-shear pattern, I can't discern what's coming from where...

I must say, the combination of high wet-bulb temperature and strong winds is an unusual one.:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Just about the most interesting thing I've seen in the sky all day.

nearest storm was the Weymouth one earlier

.image.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

well we had a cloudier spell for half an hour which has now cleared along with a fair amount of the haze, the wind has dropped as well so it now feels pretty toasty out there. Up to 25c again now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

Lol ... you guys are funny... yes. I'm not hearing any thunder now so it appears that is so

Och we'el, it's gone all nasty and dark, the noo...Will it thunder? Will I see any lightning? Who knows? I certainly hope we all do...Come on, storms!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
7 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

well we had a cloudier spell for half an hour which has now cleared along with a fair amount of the haze, the wind has dropped as well so it now feels pretty toasty out there. Up to 25c again now.

Same thing happened here, I was hoping for some rain tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
41 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Depressing isn't it? All I can see are the striations on the southern flank of whatever is over S Lincs at the moment, apparently it's a real doozy. Default East Anglian weather of dull overcast skies and an E'ly gale has returned. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well I'm actually glad that storm is missing us sound positively dangerous. However some ac cas does seem to be drifting over from the south from time to time, probably left overs from French humdingers though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Very dark to my north, when you consider that the nearest rain is over the North Norfolk coast (around 25-30 miles away).  120-ish strikes per minute in the North Sea showing on Blitzortung at the moment.

EDIT:  Shelf cloud here, and I'm 30 miles from the MCS!:shok:

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Met office Yellow Warning of Rain says

" later this morning and during Saturday afternoon, before easing from the southwest into the evening. Some torrential downpours are possible.

Please be aware of the risk of surface water flooding, including local disruption to transport and outdoor activities."

They were 'avin a larf' storm radar shows none anywhere near Kent. I'm still watering the allotment Grrr!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Any storms for us tonight what does everything . I'm hoping so as currently dying from this heat ! And love a good storm . Itv are saying yes meto are saying no :-( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, Karmamel said:

Any storms for us tonight what does everything . I'm hoping so as currently dying from this heat ! And love a good storm . Itv are saying yes meto are saying no :-( 

I say no:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I have to give it to my forecast here for yesterday, just cloud...although I did get some showers, let's just say that lightning symbol on my chart today can do one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well it is sunny here at the moment, this could very well be our last chance for rain for a good while as high pressure builds near to the south and east of us. A warm and settled week coming up for our part of the country.