Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol if nothing happens by 1.01 am then i'm going to:lazy:

There's not a cat in hells chance over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, alexisj9 said:

There's not a cat in hells chance over here.

you are too far that way--------------->

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

you are too far that way--------------->

On the will it thunder page it looks like it's my turn on Saturday. http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=wist;sess=

Posted

Chucking it down here under a red bit on the NW radar; looks like it's from that line of cells that started life over the Channel Islands. Hoping it continues, I love listening to the rain when dropping off to sleep. Suspect none of it is electrified, although there are some strikes showing over the northern France peninsula.

Taking another look at the radar, that line of showers from the Channels Islands looks to grow in intensity as it heads north-east towards the London area; more of us should be coming into the firing line very soon. 

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Quite a heavy shower passing through here . Looking at the radar more to come . 

Posted

Somethings just spooked the weather station, now says unsettled ppn later, did say fine weather before.

Posted

Can see flashes here in dover now, loads of them. A distant rumble now too.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just had an epic light show here for around 20 minutes. Near continuous lightning.

Posted
15 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Just had an epic light show here for around 20 minutes. Near continuous lightning.

Same here wish I had videoed it, seems to have calmed a bit now.

Looks like Kent managed a storm last night, well outside the risk zones and the met didn't clock it.

We got some rain over night no thunder.

The 00z is something of a beauty to my eyes. Very high pressure dominated with warm late summer early autumn sunshine with some cooler fresher conditions mixed in and of course some rain.

Also, it's pulled back some warm air for tomorrow back over us so outside any heavy showers it will be very pleasant Sunday also a cracking day by the looks of things 

Today, well it's already a beautiful day and should stay like this all day :)

Also, anyone noticed how still it is outside not often you get these conditions :D

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Gorgeous morning, think it rained for about 2 mins around 1am last night? Anyway still no significant rain in August which is very unusual! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous morning here, feeling a bit fresher than yesterday and no cloud either. Lovely :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Very little rain here overnight, and now a wonderful start to Friday with clear skies and feeling fresher out there at 17.5C.

The extent and amount of cloud and rain that may (or may not) spoil day one of the Bank Holiday still looks difficult to pin down if you look at the various model output. Take your choice.... GFS the SE corner.... ECM more west of the Region.... and Arpege between the two but very little rain to worry of! I'm going with Arpege! :)

GFS 11.00 GFS Precip Sat27Aug 11.00.GIF ECM 12.00 ECM Precip Sat27Aug 12.00.png Arpege 12.00 Arpege Precip Sat27Aug 12.00.png

• Like 1

Posted

A fresher feel this morning, which seems an odd thing to say considering it's 19C here and not yet 9am!!

A real cat and mouse game for tomorrow - monsoon or fry-up, could go either way yet?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
31 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

A fresher feel this morning, which seems an odd thing to say considering it's 19C here and not yet 9am!!

A real cat and mouse game for tomorrow - monsoon or fry-up, could go either way yet?

Hehe yes, it's 20C at 9am here, hardly cool! But feels cooler than recently. So for tomorrow...where would the rain come from? Doesn't seem to be anything on the front today, but looking at an area of showers/storms in N Portugal and Spain, are they headed this way? Am asking as the forecast suggests fine weather with chances of a storm, mentions nothing about persistent rainfall. Hopefully will be sunny and dry!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Has some rain last night, dirty rain at that.

21c already, not sure about the fresher feel personally having been out in it for the last 2 hours.

Trouble is everything is so warm that unless there is a breeze its still humid and hot.

Tomorrow has changed a lot, there was meant to be a front coming up but see nothing of that on the radar chart, juts showers breaking out in a line south midlands, presume we must get some but like Staines says where from.

Oh and its looks another Thailand type day tomorrow, yukkkkk

The only good thing is the fresh east wind they have forecast for days now.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

What an incredible early hours that was, some of the most vivid lightning I've seen for some time and completely unforcasted by the met to that extent as well!

Does anyone have the radar grabs between 2-3am? and 4-5.30am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I remember some forecasters expecting a good start to summer, then an unsettled end, the exact opposite happened.

• Like 1

Posted

Last night was wow where I was, lightening in the cloud no rain, only distant rumbles every now and then. It's the loud rumbles I hate, none of that here. Most people don't even know it happened. Got a ten minute shower about half hour after the storm was gone. Went over us towards thanet area.

Now though it's still the same here as yesterday :( 

Temp 23.6 over night temp went down to 18.9 at around 6:30 this morning. Humidity still up at 71. very little wind. Don't think the cold front has made it down here yet. even the DP is at 17.6, which is a little lower than yesterday.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Last night was wow where I was, lightening in the cloud no rain, only distant rumbles every now and then. It's the loud rumbles I hate, none of that here. Most people don't even know it happened. Got a ten minute shower about half hour after the storm was gone. Went over us towards thanet area.

Now though it's still the same here as yesterday :( 

Temp 23.6 over night temp went down to 18.9 at around 6:30 this morning. Humidity still up at 71. very little wind. Don't think the cold front has made it down here yet. even the DP is at 17.6, which is a little lower than yesterday.

It has but the warm/hot air is clinging on all day to the very far south east before pushing back over most of the Region again tomorrow. 

This really has been a week to remember weather wise BEAUTIFUL 

And just for fun the GFS 06z has something of a plume towards the end of the run funny though the 00z is not to different at that time frame. Loads and loads to get through before then though 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted

A stunning late summers day! The temp and humidity has dropped significantly but it feels very nice outside at 24C. If the weekend could stay like this....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Hello everyone, I managed to capture a bit of the storm in early hours of 26th August and my god was it a SHOCKER, I video recorded 21 mins of the storm from 1:45am to 2:10 am and I never seen so much lightning, it didn't even  feel like I was in the Uk as there was so much lightning.

Skip to 2:00 where the storm starts to intensify  

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 7