Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine, a light S wind and 27C...I'm thinking that somewhere around London might see 31C at around four?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

29C reached here, gorgeous :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

unbroken sunshine and a light southerly breeze. The 30c mark has been broken here with the hottest conditions stretching from London up the western side of East Anglia.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Wall-to-wall sunshine, a light S wind and 27C...I'm thinking that somewhere around London might see 31C at around four?

Yep SE london/ NW kent

Screenshot_20160823-125310.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

30C here too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So tomorrow looks very dependent on cloud amounts or how quickly the high level cloud from the cold front moves across us to give the risk of scattered elevated thunderstorms.

NetWx-SR                                                              Euro4

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160823;t           16082418_2306.gif

34C in the capital potentially going by the NetWx-SR model, the Euro4 going for similar values to today with the hottest conditions reserved for the London area. Either way temperatures will drop off during the afternoon in northern parts of the region due to increasing cloud and a developing north/north easterly wind.

Western parts of the region do show the risk of getting clipped by some heavy rain moving up from the continent overnight, but things could change as a shift of 50 miles or so could leave us all hot and sunny or just very warm with thunderstorms.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

High of 27.2 here, still have a slight breeze to keep things comfortable. Someone who went to Canterbury said the external temp on the A2 was 33, I think the cars own heat may have helped though, or he was in direct sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Lovely day with 30c reached! 

Flying to santorini tomorrow morning and it looks interesting down that way at the moment I must say! 

Wishing you all the best for storm potential here. I'll share mine if I see any! 

image.png

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

30c here and my melons have dried up:( Another melonless summer draws to a close:(

Can you save them by giving them a good soak or is it too late?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Can you save them by giving them a good soak or is it too late?

One has gone black and the other has gone yellow, so too late. Everything is finishing early this year and I have not seen that much black fly on my beans before:vava:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

A beautiful evening here. Reached a max of 29.6C earlier, now slowly dropping; 28.1C currently.

Edited by LetItSnow!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A fantastic late summer day here with wall to wall sunshine, a light breeze and a max of 28.9c. It's good to see so many folk out and about on the beach and seafront enjoying themselves and making the most of this fine spell of weather

• Like 3

Posted

Local weather station showing 31.3 as our high today, currently 22.5. A lovely day for a boat trip along the river from Kingston to Hampton Court and back. My son kept saying 'it smells like Cyprus', with the Mediterranean feel that Daniel mentioned above. Now it's time to relax with that after-sun feeling before trying to get some sleep #goodluckwiththat.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted

Reached 29C here in North Beds. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
36 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Local weather station showing 31.3 as our high today, currently 22.5. A lovely day for a boat trip along the river from Kingston to Hampton Court and back. My son kept saying 'it smells like Cyprus', with the Mediterranean feel that Daniel mentioned above. Not it's time to relax with that after-sun feeling before trying to get some sleep #goodluckwiththat.

I need to move west, still 24.1 here, it's only 2 degrees but would still feel a bit fresher.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

A sticky evening here . The train home was uncomfortable to be honest but hey we could be up north with no summer to shout about well we've done well and long may it continue hooray .. 

Off from work on Friday so want a good day. Fingers crossed as I know it's not going to be as hot bit hoping for some sun and 24c will do fine 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

Local weather station showing 31.3 as our high today, currently 22.5. A lovely day for a boat trip along the river from Kingston to Hampton Court and back. My son kept saying 'it smells like Cyprus', with the Mediterranean feel that Daniel mentioned above. Now it's time to relax with that after-sun feeling before trying to get some sleep #goodluckwiththat.

Probably could smell my barbecue.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Cracker yesterday. Reached 27.7C here I see many places achieved 31C including Cambridge, Gravesend and Heathrow. I reckon today these locations could be reporting 32C. Phew it's gonna be a scorcher! :)

The latest Met Office Fax Charts show the slow moving Cold Front demarking the boundary between hot (for us) and average (behind it) has put back the clearance from the SE corner on Friday by a few hours, so cloud and rain could still be spoiling the day until later than yesterday's charts were suggesting. And then courtesy of a developing slack Low moving up from France, the front changes direction and returns as a Warm Front bringing warmth but some patchy rain back for Saturday.

Charts for Fri 12.00, Sat 00.00 and Sat 12.00:

Met Off Fax Chart on Wed for Fri26Aug 12.00.jpgMet Off Fax Chart on Wed for Sat27Aug 00.00.jpgMet Off Fax Chart on Wed for Sat27Aug 12.00.jpg

• Like 1