Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

New Ice Age should kick in this winter:good:

I have my suntan lotion, cap and umbrella at the ready!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

I have my suntan lotion, cap and umbrella at the ready!!

Going to be the mildest ice age on record:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Ooh, what's a Sturgeon Moon?

I think it's because this month's full moon looks like the face of a certain Scottish First Minister....  :laugh:

Sorry... terrible joke. Actually the name can be traced back to the native American Algonquin tribe that used to fish the Great Lakes in America - Sturgeon were easier to catch in August. The name was subsequently adopted by other countries and apparently it appears in the Farmers Almanac. I just like a full moon on a clear night, whatever it's called! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

If the moon looks like her, shouldn't it be called a Krankie Moon? 

Sorry.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well we had fog to start the day here, it did clear by around 8am and then we saw sunny spells and some fair weather cloud. The temperature managed to reach 25C again so pretty decent going.

Next week is starting to look very interesting indeed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Going to be gut wrenching leaving what looks to be the best spell of summer on the 24th. Ain't that about right. At the same time though it looks like it could well be thundery in Greece that week with a cut off low being modelled down there. 

Always happens to me every time I go on holiday!!!! 

Posted
22 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

It's been an absolute cracker of a day here today, warmest day of the month so far at 25.3c with wall to wall sunshine and a tolerable sea breeze.

The forecasts are not looking at all good but so far this month has produced what I think is the best spell of the summer here. A real contrast to the August's of recent years.

Evening Bluebreezer.

Sunday down on the coast at a friend's beach hut at Eastbourne watching the airshow, including an amazing display from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, was good, apart from the chilly sea breeze that blew up early afternoon. I am still learning how to take photos with my tablet, so I won't bore you with out-of-focus pictures of antique aeroplanes.

As for today, it has been warmish, but thankfully not too humid, with a max of about 25.5.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
16 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

If the moon looks like her, shouldn't it be called a Krankie Moon? 

Sorry.....

Fandabedozeeee

• Like 1

Posted

^ Nice to see you posting again @Snoopie42 :) I like that word - I think some of us might be using it to describe next week's heatwave!!

Well here we go, with a few days of unsettled weather interrupting this lovely August. Then the heat returns big time by mid next week.

This mornings impressive image of the swirling Low west of Ireland Cloud Fri19Aug 09.15.jpg

I thought I'd check the High Res models for their view on rainfall amounts over the next 24 and 48 hours.

Arpege accumulative precipitation charts showing 2 - 5mm for the East and 5 - 10mm for the West of our Region from today's patchy frontal rain.

To mid-night tonight Arpege Accum Precip to Sat20Aug 00.00.png

Then for tomorrow's showers Arpege suggests not much getting through to the extreme East coast fringe, which stays at 2 - 5mm, but parts of the West getting up to 10 - 20mm.

To mid-night Saturday Arpege Accum Precip to Sun21Aug 00.00.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Looks like this unsettled blip will be out of the way come Monday. Rainfall amounts nothing major anyway. Even now, with the rain band well over my area, its hardly raining outside.

Roll on some more heat and sun next week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

This will be just a drizzly mess.

It feels damp and sticky, so roll on the wind later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had a cloudy day here, followed by a hefty shower around 5ish, then came the rain about 10 mins after that shower finished. Started moderate now it's more like drizzle. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.

So does anyone think we will get much wind on the South Coast tomorrow? I tidied up the garden just in case.:pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, coldfingers1 said:

So does anyone think we will get much wind on the South Coast tomorrow? I tidied up the garden just in case.:pardon:

Well the Met Office seem to think so and I trust them far more than some other sources.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se&fcTime=1471647600

Posted
55 minutes ago, coldfingers1 said:

All the models are suggesting so coldfingers1. Looking like a very windy spell (for this time of the year) for the South Coast. Here's what this afternoon's Arpege model was suggesting - max gusts around 85 km/h (53 mph) - which look like being around mid-afternoon.

Gusts 15.00 Arpege Max Gusts Sat20Aug 15.00.png

As regards today, there was very little rain in my part of Suffolk, a mere 1mm. And although the max temp only reached 19.9C, it felt very sticky thanks to humidity at 94%.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.
10 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Thanks Senlac Jack and BlessedWeather for your answers. I was woken in the night by some strong gusts and it is starting to gust more strongly now.

Pleased to have some sunshine this morning after all the rain yesterday which we sorely needed for the garden. So sick of watering it as it's a big garden! So I shall watch this webcam at 1:00pm today to catch high tide, not expecting too much excitement though. High is due at 1:23 and it is one of the bigger tides.

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

At least they haven't inflated the bouncy castle.

Edited by coldfingers1
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Highest gust so far here 42 mph, not that bad yet really. temp 17.4 haven't had any showers yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rather blustery to start here, there is occasional glimmers of sunshine.

Next week still looks good for us but I must admit to feeling a little disappointed on how ruthless the shunt eastwards in the ridge from the models over the past 24 hours or so and hence has taken most of the UK out of the game so to speak. Hopefully this will stop so we will get a couple of days where 30-32C is a decent possibility.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dreary day here so far after some sunshine first thing, mostly cloudy with some showers and windy. Feeling chilly at 17C. Next week looks good for our region, the BH weekend looks nice too....fingers crossed.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking good for here Wednesday onwards. I do think I'll have more possibility of seeing something down in Greece though! Looks to be unusually thundery down that part into this coming week. I'll get some photos of whatever I see there anyway.