Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Tuesday night looking potentially very interesting convective wise now. Could well be the main talking point of this plume. Hopefully I haven't put this kiss of death on it :unsure2:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Haha!! My statement this morning......"I don't think there'll be much sunshine on offer today, here in the east of the Region anyway." Wrong!!! :laugh:
The sun broke through early afternoon and the temperature has shot up. Currently 21.8C and very pleasant. :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Haha!! My statement this morning......"I don't think there'll be much sunshine on offer today, here in the east of the Region anyway." Wrong!!! :laugh:
The sun broke through early afternoon and the temperature has shot up. Currently 21.8C and very pleasant. :)

Haha! I thought the same just about to jump in the pool 

This is why I stay well clear of the model thread, it's a bunch of jumped up kids taking each run as if it's gospel.

The thing is, the more intelligent people on here know, that even at T+0 stuff happens that no computer can predict.

For instances, last week, me and @stainesbloke got a shock of our lives with a rouge shower gave us a huge flash of lightning and massive crack of thunder, yet, no showers on any high res was predicted. (nocturnal cooling of the shower cloud top allowed that to happen)

The GFS and ECM won't nail next week till Sunday evening and even then take it with a pinch of salt. We can't even agree on the weekend yet!!!

But all that aside, as you can all probably tell the warmer spell has now commenced fully and will last (for us down south anyway) till at least Wednesday earliest with hints of something after that too!!!

Not to mention the idea of some fireworks also.

And yet, the same kids in the model thread think dooms day is upon us.

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
50 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Haha! I thought the same just about to jump in the pool 

This is why I stay well clear of the model thread, it's a bunch of jumped up kids taking each run as if it's gospel.

The thing is, the more intelligent people on here know, that even at T+0 stuff happens that no computer can predict.

For instances, last week, me and @stainesbloke got a shock of our lives with a rouge shower gave us a huge flash of lightning and massive crack of thunder, yet, no showers on any high res was predicted. (nocturnal cooling of the shower cloud top allowed that to happen)

The GFS and ECM won't nail next week till Sunday evening and even then take it with a pinch of salt. We can't even agree on the weekend yet!!!

But all that aside, as you can all probably tell the warmer spell has now commenced fully and will last (for us down south anyway) till at least Wednesday earliest with hints of something after that too!!!

Not to mention the idea of some fireworks also.

And yet, the same kids in the model thread think dooms day is upon us.

Did it last warm spell ever really leave lol, a few cool nights I suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Not here, been warm and sunny for ages now

27 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Very good point lol! I guess what I kind of meant was "much warmer than recent week or so" 

The 12z is rolling out and the GFS is a peach, but, it's so different to the 06z we have to take it lightly..

Dont think I can re call such a long dry spell here in a quite a while, bar the odd shower and day of light rain a week back 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well there has been some sunshine this afternoon which allowed temperatures to reach 22c. The morning was pretty grotty though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Started cloudy and cool today, even a few spots of rain. Then much of the cloud cleared and it became a lovely warm day, until a couple of hours ago when a sheet of grey spead over and now feels quite cool.

• Like 1

Posted

Get out of bed! Beautiful day ahead! :) The early high patchy cloud has melted away and under clear blue skies it's already reached 20C at 08.55.

Cloud Fri12Aug 08.45.jpg

The overnight NMM run showing nicely that "East is best" today. Hopefully somewhere in our Region will hit 28C today.

NMM Temp Fri12Aug 17.00.png

• Like 1

Posted

BBC said the weather next week is unclear, heat yes, possible thundery outbreak.......maybe. Heat will probably cling onto the SE for longer than predicted, 32 33c possible on Tuesday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
51 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

BBC said the weather next week is unclear, heat yes, possible thundery outbreak.......maybe. Heat will probably cling onto the SE for longer than predicted, 32 33c possible on Tuesday.

Sounds good to me :D Heat and storms, lovely!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

A few beers already scheduled with the boys after work. Bootiful day...... Roll on 5pm!

Posted

25.7C right now. I think they undercooked the temps a bit. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

26.5c according to the car thermometer... Deep crystal clear blue skies.. That's what I'm talking about.

Somewhere in the region may get to 28c = 3 hours to go and i'm out of the office. :drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

Wonderful day! Even the gusty wind isn't spoiling things. In fact, quite refreshing and tempering the hot sunshine - current 26.5C.

Here's an interesting website for checking the near real-time weather observations for your nearest Weather Station. Just hover your pointer over the arrow on the map and all the observations will appear on the right of the screen. Using the site it looks like London City Airport and Gravesend are heading the temperature rankings at 27C. The SE corner the windiest at around 22 mph.

Screen grab: XCWeather Fri12Aug.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

What a perfect day, must be one of the best this summer.

Crystal clear skies, low humidity feels lovely lovely breeze and just short of 27c.

I mean even with a westerly wind, just perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A stonking day...26C, wall-to-wall sunshine and good visibility. Could be a good night for Perseid-watching?

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Stunning weather,

Its pool time!

Yes i hope Liverpool beat Arsenal on Sunday too.:D

• Like 1