Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Frosty night coming up tonight. Will finally get below 18c at night and be able to sleep:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
23 hours ago, lassie23 said:

BBC being mentioning cooler fresher weather for a week now and i'm still getting 17.5c minimums at night, nothing cool or fresh about that.

Yes agreed expecting something fresh feeling, yesterday morning was ok.

Its because no matter what if the wind stays in the SW or W it will always be humid in the  summer unless sourced from "uo north" .

We need some continental style warmth not Atlanntic based.

Posted

Hi everyone. Off to my annual hols to the Norfolk broads. Last 3 years has been shocking weather with last year the worst. I fearing the worst this year too looking at latest charts etc. I'm no expert at all so can anyone throw a bit of optimism my way for the coming week? Are we far enough east to avoid a drenching? It doesn't look cold at least this year.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
4 minutes ago, snowwonder said:

Hi everyone. Off to my annual hols to the Norfolk broads. Last 3 years has been shocking weather with last year the worst. I fearing the worst this year too looking at latest charts etc. I'm no expert at all so can anyone throw a bit of optimism my way for the coming week? Are we far enough east to avoid a drenching? It doesn't look cold at least this year.

Thanks in advance

Just read the Express, it seems we are all going to be fried to a crisp in the next few weeks.

Posted
4 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Just read the Express, it seems we are all going to be fried to a crisp in the next few weeks.

lol heatwave until Christmas

Posted
4 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Just read the Mail, we are going to drown in torrential rain and summer is over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Today has been cloudy all day, with frequent showers. Some heavy some very light. Feels fresher out side though still t'shirt weather, very little wind. Inside still feeling to warm.

Edit: The sun has just made an appearance while I was typing.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Warm and close with two heavy showers - one of which produced around thirty minutes' absolutely torrential rain. No T&L.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Warm and close with two heavy showers - one of which produced around thirty minutes' absolutely torrential rain. No T&L.

avoided everything here.....yet again:nonono:

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

avoided everything here.....yet again:nonono:

A correction, Lassie: we did have thunder after all. The rain on my roof must have drowned it out...:D

Posted

Was a shade cooler last night, what we need is a few 5c nights to stop the horrible wasps in their tracks.:good:

13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Was a shade cooler last night, what we need is a few 5c nights to stop the horrible wasps in their tracks.:good:

Would never ever wanna kill such a fantastic beast!

We have 2 wasps nests in the garden. The first on the patio in the garage and the second in the compost heap by the veg and fruit patch.

They are not your normal German wasps but the native smaller one to the UK. You can stand by the nest and not get stung, in fact when I was planting out the sweetcorn the little fellows came out the nest and flew around the holes I had dug.

I've even watched them catch insects of the plants etc in the veg patch. 

A very very helpful natural pest control!  

• Like 1

Posted

Dense fog at 11 last night, now dry and sunny.

Posted

And now, it's about 90% infill!:cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice dry sunny day here, a few clouds around that look like showers trying to build, but not getting anywhere.

Posted

Can't have been that bad a summer so far, got corn cobs, pea sized melons, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots and the strawberries have already been picked:good:

5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Can't have been that bad a summer so far, got corn cobs, pea sized melons, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots and the strawberries have already been picked:good:

Yep! Very good

Runner beans already being picked so are the strawberries and raspberries.

Pumpkins the size of watermelons already and the corn well on its way.

Apples look healthy along with the tomatoes.

Watermelons, squash, chillis' carrots, parsnips and courgettes slowly getting there. 

The rhubarb this year is massive! 

Rain later and over night so everything will get a good water 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I'm over in Wales this coming week and as I write it's just started raining. No surprises there then!! :) Looking at the Cloud Satellite it looks like I'm missing a lovely start back home in East Anglia.

Sunny start in EA Cloud Mon01Aug 07.15.jpg Damp already in S Wales Radar Mon01Aug 07.30.jpg

GFS and Arpege suggesting the heaviest rain comes through our Region in the wee small hours. But also suggesting Norfolk sees very little rain. There's quite a contrast between Swansea which could see up to 40mm and the Norfolk coast at maybe 2mm!!

So it's not "wish you were here", but rather "wish I was there"! :laugh:

GFS Precip Tues 03.00 GFS 0z Precip Tue02Aug 03.00.png Arpege precip next 24 hrs Arpege Accum Precip to Tue02Aug 09.00.png

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Don't know about East Anglia, but here in Kent it's cloudy and feeling cool (15C) this morning - a bit of a shock to the system after the last few days. Feels like rain is on the way - the garden really needs it!

Posted
1 hour ago, interested & confused said:

Don't know about East Anglia, but here in Kent it's cloudy and feeling cool (15C) this morning - a bit of a shock to the system after the last few days. Feels like rain is on the way - the garden really needs it!

First morning you can actually describe as cool,:good: been waiting for the humidity to go for three weeks now although the latest BBC forecast says it will be back again this week.:80:

Posted

August already! Actually looking forward to the rain tonight as everywhere looks like it needs a bit of a soaking. 

Getting darker earlier is much more noticeable now. Last few evenings I've found myself flicking on a lamp and looking out the window to see if there are clouds coming over at about 8.30/9pm...but then realising it's simply getting dark. When I was younger, I always went to Reading Festival - and when I came back, the way the sunlight falls is always 'different' as the sun isn't so high and you get this beautiful lazy, golden light. I still notice it now in the closing days of August.

Glad to hear everyone's crops are doing ok. We officially take ownership of our allotment today. As you can see it currently has a nice crop of weeds and filing cabinet parts!! Funny how your interest in the weather intensifies once you have a plot to keep!  

Currently wondering if a concealed weather station on my plot is viable. Has anyone ever made their own weather vane?

IMG_20160724_132420454.jpg

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1