Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, March said:

Rather pleasant and mild. About 23-24C, this has been technically the wettest day of July with 2mm but all trace of it has gone and its bone dry out there. 

About the same here lol, just very light drizzle now bone dry. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Can we please have a couple of cooler days or even just colder nights please.

Yet again its 25c in places I keep reading its getting fresher, but it never does.

Get a grip it's pleasant!

Some wet stuff overnight, although fairly negligible in what fell, a very dry July a complete juxtaposition to June. Not that I'm complaining.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Evening folks,

After a very warm and mostly sunny afternoon, it clouded up at about 17.00 hours and we are now enjoying a heavy shower, which looks set to continue for a while.

Not that we don't need the rain, but I could do without it this evening as I am a steward at our local football ground (we are entertaining a Southend United XI) and before the match I am car park duty before the game and do not relish getting soaked to the skin.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by claret047

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Yet again its 25c in places I keep reading its getting fresher, but it never does.

You may be lucky the forecast here, is for cooler and much cloudier weather, for the week ahead.

Posted

Very pleasant here in Cambridge...Loving the dry weather and blue skies. Not too hot and perfect for a beer in the garden.....mmmm.hope everyone's enjoying this lovely evening :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
1 hour ago, claret047 said:

Good Evening folks,

After a very warm and mostly sunny afternoon, it clouded up at about 17.00 hours and we are now enjoying a heavy shower, which looks set to continue for a while.

Not that we don't need the rain, but I could do without it this evening as I am a steward at our local football ground (we are entertaining a Southend United XI) and before the match I am car park duty before the game and do not relish getting soaked to the skin.

Kind Regards

Dave

I think this might be heading my way...

Posted

Just spent two days on the Essex coast in Walton on the naze and Clacton. Lovely sunny weather apart from this morning but both days reached 25c so now that's 12 days in a row of 25c or above. I do however appreciate this is very localised. 

20160726_141121.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
2 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Leave it out. It's July, it should be like this all summer as far as I'm concerned. You have 9 months of the year to enjoy cold nights and temps below 25c 

Its pleasant and dry.. When I finish work I prefer to come home to evenings like this with Windows and doors open.. Their shut most of the time and it's usually raining. 

• Like 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, Jcweather said:

I think this might be heading my way...

Yes, it was heading my way. That is the heaviest rain we've had for quite a few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

LOl I didnt say I wanted it cold for the rest of the summer.

Just a couple of cooler days or even nights.

To much humid weather drains you when you work outside.
Its all very well for BBQs and drinks and I love sunny weather but its draining with SW winds.

Posted

Looks like we might even get one of those heavy showers drifting about in Essex.
Missed hem so far.

Posted
14 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Looks like we might even get one of those heavy showers drifting about in Essex.
Missed hem so far.

The one that just passed over here was extremely heavy. If it hits you and you are outside, prepare to get  soaked!

Posted

It looks really heavy on the radar but somehow its just to the north of us here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Been lovely here all day temperature wise, was able to deep clean the front room with out sweating, exciting I know. Poor plummer however was sweating buckets all over my kitchen floor and managed to make my landing a mess but never mind, the tank is sorted.

Had a peak at the radar, someone getting some rain at the moment. Could do with some, so hubs brought me a new shiny watering can. 

yeah.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Stayed dry after the drizzle here so far. Felt warm most of the day, and the sun came out about 5ish I think.

Posted

Has some much needed rain.
How can 1 month be so wet then the next so dry lol..

Best thing of all is its started cooler and fresher this morning
Around 14c now, the in built heat in the house can be cooled down a bit with open windows and doors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Has some much needed rain.
How can 1 month be so wet then the next so dry lol..

Best thing of all is its started cooler and fresher this morning
Around 14c now, the in built heat in the house can be cooled down a bit with open windows and doors.

NW breeze should be digging in with showers, hopefully getting rid of the humidity, over two weeks of it is more than enough:good:

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

NW breeze should be digging in with showers, hopefully getting rid of the humidity, over two weeks of it is more than enough:good:

Totally agree.

25c with little humidity is perfect.25 with humid isnt.

However that means high pressure based to the north east to give flat calm with cooling sea breezes or easterlies.

Where have these gone in the summer.

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Each to their own, I love that it feels warm and slightly humid. How summer should be. 

NW Breeze bringing showers at the end of July - Well your definitely located in the right place in the world for that. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Each to their own, I love that it feels warm and slightly humid. How summer should be. 

NW Breeze bringing showers at the end of July - Well your definitely located in the right place in the world for that. 

Need some rain for the garden:D

Posted
44 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Need some rain for the garden:D

Oh god, the fact it absolutely buckets down for most of the year with floods and bogged fields but 'WE NEED RAIN' cry's after a few weeks of dry weather. Always makes me laugh

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Oh god, the fact it absolutely buckets down for most of the year with floods and bogged fields but 'WE NEED RAIN' cry's after a few weeks of dry weather. Always makes me laugh

lol my vegetables were wilting this morning, especially the cucumbers, nothing like some natural water to get them growing.:good::friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had a full bottle of glue (as in a large bottle of the white school type glue) and a full can of shaving cream hit the floor and my big toe while i was making the most of the coolness and doing le grande tidy up in the  house. Now it hurts a bit to walk and my nail is going black, not a good look. bring back 30C it's safer.

awaiting the rain to water my flowers.

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

lol my vegetables were wilting this morning, especially the cucumbers, nothing like some natural water to get them growing.:good::friends:

My vegetable growing (well trying anyway)  seem to do fine with tap water. No rain needed around here, got the dark wet winter months for that.

1 hour ago, Dami said:

Had a full bottle of glue (as in a large bottle of the white school type glue) and a full can of shaving cream hit the floor and my big toe while i was making the most of the coolness and doing le grande tidy up in the  house. Now it hurts a bit to walk and my nail is going black, not a good look. bring back 30C it's safer.

awaiting the rain to water my flowers.

Why do you have to wait for the rain to give your flowers a drink? Just use a watering can.. Problem solved!!

My grandparents flowers in Spain are watered this way and they are luscious and green.