Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful morning once again. Already feeling very warm. 28/29c for parts of our region today. Lovely jubly. 

Although massive fair weather clouds already building on the horizon to my NW. That will be sure to swipe any long blue skies away for this afternoon. 

Yes @Surreycompletely agree with you about the MOD thread, most are moaning Meldrews (that's what they put across anyway) constantly point scoring who can be the most miserable. 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Cloud building thick and fast here. 

In true British style, very hard to have a cloudless day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Already up to 24/25C across the region, the cloud is beginning to develop here, fingers crossed we don't get a convective cap develop which fills in the sky with cloud.

Edit - Make that 26C here at midday.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hot and sunny yet again still no rain here. Just checked my station, last rain was on the 13th. Lovely summer here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very nice day here. Some big clouds about but not getting in the way of the strong sunshine much. Currently 28C with light winds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well it has reached 28C here, borderline hot out there considering the lack of breeze.

Posted

Lovely day. Max of 27.8C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Classic summers day here.

22/23c with a SE breeze keeping it to a perfect temp.
Sunny all day, clouds to the south and west never got here so far.
Tomorrow will be much hotter and humid here as the wind turns to the crappy SW again.

Can it not stay in the SE or E for more than a day these days.

Posted

Well there was an attempt to develop some showers here, but we only got a few large splashes of rain.

Posted

Stayed lovely and clear all day here, saw some cumulus to my north west, may be around canterbury, or may be further back even.

Posted

What a beautiful day. Council rang on Wednesday and by this afternoon we were helping an elderly lady clear her allotment so we could start renting it next weekend! Never expected to get an allotment this quick - it is in a bit of a state, though. It's going to take some work. Already got a tan.

3 hours ago, Surrey said:

All the cloud now vanished,  what an absolute beauty of a week weather wise, and being a gardener as my job,  I have enjoyed every hour of it!

Superb!

PUB crawl tonigh! Cheeers!!

Oh lucky man. I'd love to be a gardener.

8 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

What a beautiful day. Council rang on Wednesday and by this afternoon we were helping an elderly lady clear her allotment so we could start renting it next weekend! Never expected to get an allotment this quick - it is in a bit of a state, though. It's going to take some work. Already got a tan.

Oh lucky man. I'd love to be a gardener.

Haha, it has its pros and cons, if you don't mind being covered head to toe everyday in crap then you are fine! 

Early starts too, but the places you go are mental! I work for a commercial gardening company so last week we went all over the place.

Send prison, Aylesbury prison, British gas, mental hospital in Southampton, animal testing lab loads of others 

I just keep my head down and get the job done! It's very rewarding though seeing the difference you have made and the end result.

In winter I get to put up all the massive Christmas trees British gas do 30-40ft ones! And get to decorate them! 

• Like 1

Posted

Another fine and sunny start here, how long will it last is the question as cloud from the approaching weather front moves eastwards during the day.

Posted

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160724;t

25-27C possible in the east, temperatures look like they will fall away in western parts of the region as the front moves in, the east should remain bright for most of the day.

Posted

Up to 25C out there so another very warm day though the cloud is increasing now.

Posted

Another warm sunny day so far, wind is making it feel nice. Got some wisps of low cloud blowing from the SW which looks like broken up sea mist.

Posted

MetO screwed up a bit today here. Massively downgraded the temps to a max of 23C, but it reached 25.4C. 

Posted

25C was the high here, there was a little rain when I came back from Wisbech, it looks like Norwich topped out today at 27C during the early afternoon. Which to be fair was expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

27C over here, Cap (29 indoors!) tarmac melting, and it's as sticky as flock...I'm eagerly anticipating something a wee bit fresher!

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted

Clouded over a little now although there's still some blue sky about at times. 

Posted
58 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

27C over here, Cap (29 indoors!) tarmac melting, and it's as sticky as flock...I'm eagerly anticipating something a wee bit fresher!

Unbelievably...me too. I love it hot but from work to DIY and now the allotment...I'm fed up of physical stuff being so taxing and collapsing in an overheated heap every hour. Every time I look at the indoors temperature it's always 26/2728.c despite fans and open windows. 

Feeling quite dark and airless here.

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Been a nice day here in Benfleet, Essex today. Sun been out, but there's also plenty of cumulus preventing it from getting too hot. Temperature is currently 23C, Humidity is 44%, chance of rain 0%. Perfect conditions really