Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Loving this weather. Proper summer girl, me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Loving this weather. Proper summer girl, me.

Flipflops?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
24 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Flipflops?

Goes without saying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I'm not a lover of heat, hubs suffers and so does bubs and I hate the warm 'can't sleep' nights. However, I can cope if i see the chance of some thunder, but guess what, for my area no thunder.

Hell of a few days to come then.

Posted

This is just lovely.....I've a few days off work just at the right time. Right now is the best, there's still a nice slight coolng breeze and it's what I call perfect weather. The next few days... Well it looks like it's going to get crazy hot. Yea!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well lets do a forecast for the coming week.

Monday

gfs-0-24.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160717;t

A light westerly wind to start, it will veer south to south east during the afternoon as the high slides eastwards. A mostly fine day with sunny spells, some patchy mostly fair weather cloud though there could be isolated showers.

Temperatures - generally 26-29C but possibly up to 30C in London. Sea breezes will develop around most coasts which will limit temperatures to the mid-twenties there.

Tuesday

gfs-0-48.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

A light south easterly wind, though this could increase to moderate in strength in places. A mostly sunny day albeit probably with some amount of haze. It will be a hot one and very like it will remain dry.

Temperatures - 29-32C but 33C could be reached in favoured spots.

Wednesday

gfs-0-72.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

A moderate south easterly, veering west/south westerly during the afternoon. This one is complicated as a shallow area of low pressure which will form over the near continent will move NNE across the UK, there is uncertainty on its track and hence the risk of storms for our region, at the moment I suspect we are too far south east to be affected by this. It will likely be another hot day.

Temperatures - 26-29C if the rain does affect us, 29-32C if it stays away.

Thursday 

gfs-0-96.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

Light west to north west winds. A rather slack pattern for our region on Thursday, there will be the risk of showers in some places, these could be heavy and slow moving. There should be some drier and sunnier spells as well. 

Temperatures - 22-25C, cooler around the coasts with sea breezes developing.

Friday 

gfs-0-120.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

Light and variable winds, with pressure being slack with some instability then showers should be expected again, sea breezes will also develop.

Temperatures - 21-24C

So overall a decent week with the first half being hot, the second half still warm. There will be the risk of rain, most of this from showers so a lot of places will have a dry week, there could be some thunderstorms on most days, the least likely is Tuesday which will be the sunniest and hottest day. As for the following weekend, it looks decent with light westerly winds, mostly dry conditions and temperatures in the mid twenties for many so if things stay the same then we should be looking forward to another decent weekend weather wise.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
4 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well lets do a forecast for the coming week.

Monday

gfs-0-24.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160717;t

A light westerly wind to start, it will veer south to south east during the afternoon as the high slides eastwards. A mostly fine day with sunny spells, some patchy mostly fair weather cloud though there could be isolated showers.

Temperatures - generally 26-29C but possibly up to 30C in London. Sea breezes will develop around most coasts which will limit temperatures to the mid-twenties there.

Tuesday

gfs-0-48.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

A light south easterly wind, though this could increase to moderate in strength in places. A mostly sunny day albeit probably with some amount of haze. It will be a hot one and very like it will remain dry.

Temperatures - 29-32C but 33C could be reached in favoured spots.

Wednesday

gfs-0-72.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

A moderate south easterly, veering west/south westerly during the afternoon. This one is complicated as a shallow area of low pressure which will form over the near continent will move NNE across the UK, there is uncertainty on its track and hence the risk of storms for our region, at the moment I suspect we are too far south east to be affected by this. It will likely be another hot day.

Temperatures - 26-29C if the rain does affect us, 29-32C if it stays away.

Thursday 

gfs-0-96.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

Light west to north west winds. A rather slack pattern for our region on Thursday, there will be the risk of showers in some places, these could be heavy and slow moving. There should be some drier and sunnier spells as well. 

Temperatures - 22-25C, cooler around the coasts with sea breezes developing.

Friday 

gfs-0-120.png?12   viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160717;t

Light and variable winds, with pressure being slack and some instability then showers should be expected again, sea breezes will also develop.

Temperatures - 21-24C

So overall a decent week with the first half being hot, the second half still warm. There will be the risk of rain, most of this from showers so a lot of places will have a dry week, there could be some thunderstorms on most days, the least likely is Tuesday which will be the sunniest and hottest day.

Thanks captain , seems funny that I would have taken next Friday's forecast a week ago

Posted

Lovely week upcoming for my location :O 27.3c today, hardly any breeze at all and completely sunny until 3-4pm.

Tomorrow is looking at similar temperatures, then the local forecast shows it gets complicated..

Tuesday has us at maximums of 29-31c in my area, which I don't really believe. Then theres Wednesday, that the local forecasters are uncertain about but are making a bit fuss about.

They are reporting that if the 'low pressure from the west' comes in with rain then our maximums will be similar to Tuesday, or cooler, but if the heat sticks about for the day, local temperatures could possibly be 31-33c, making it the hottest summer day in years in Norfolk. Whats the chances of the hotter version pulling off?

Posted

that's a pretty good weeks weather.....it's going to get really hot. I'm going to stay round my parents place to keep an eye on my auld fella as he's a bit of a lover of hot weather, I'm worried he'll pass out in his vegetable patch. So I'll be on hand with a cold sponge and so rehydration pills just in case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well what a lovely day, not humid in comparison to many of the days recently.

Been pretty much the hottest in the area for the last three days.

That will end later today when the sea breeze gets up.

Proper high pressure based in mid Europe ish.

Get rid of t hose  SW humid winds.

Not sure I will say the same tonmorrow and wednesday lol...

Posted

Fine and very warm here in lowland East London - expecting 30c to be approached today.

This may be our warmest day depending on how much of a SE'ly breeze picks up tomorrow and draws in some cooler air from the Thames Estuary. As always, areas to the west and NW of London will do that bit better than my patch. Interesting the BBC seem to be putting the highest temperatures in the south Midlands - that would make sense from a SE'ly, a true S'ly would be different.

While this hot snap isn't unusual in itself, the night time minima especially tomorrow night into Wednesday could be challenging and it does seem odd the change of airmass for us will be fairly uneventful - that may be the function of the SE'ly - a true S'ly would bring the storms up from France.

Posted

No idea what the temperature is here, but very hot, went to supermarket, loads of people in shorts and tshirts, loads of people buying icecream, sweat was pouring into my eyes while shopping been a long time since I felt that hot.Anyway, had to buy icecream like the rest so looking forward to an afternoon snack with a cool drink, bought some mint to put in drink as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

28c here in Cambridge, plenty of wispy high cirrus floating around....but no threatening clouds in sight for once this summer! All eyes on those thermometers tomorrow...

Posted

Its feeling like its approaching 30oC here in London....intense heat in the sun, doesn't feel too humid in the shade.....yet :-)

Edited by Daryl Dixon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolute belter of a day here, blue skies, light winds and 28C/82F....about time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely day still made even better by the SE wind just picking up, temps dropped over the last couple of hours, making it perfect.

Posted

Half hour ago the thermometer was saying 30.6c along with my weather apps all going with 29-31c aswell for my location! For saying this morning I wasn't going to get even 28c today it's done remarkably well.. If tomorrow is peak heat, I could be looking at 32c?! That really would be a lovely record to break, Never had a temperature higher then 32.3c in my memory in this location!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sparkling blue skies all day so far, no haze, just endless sunshine and light winds. Temperatures up to 28C.

Edit - Make that 29C

Posted

I keep hoping for the storms to move east  but no. I don't know how people can be wearing full length jeans and leggings, feels like i've stepped into an oven.

In fact hubs in his work suit didn't feel overly hot either.

perhaps i'm ill *orders pizza for dinner and downloads a film*

Posted
1 minute ago, Dami said:

I keep hoping for the storms to move east  but no. I don't know how people can be wearing full length jeans and leggings, feels like i've stepped into an oven.

In fact hubs in his work suit didn't feel overly hot either.

perhaps i'm ill *orders pizza for dinner and downloads a film*

I was out all day and I was sweating buckets in the complete sun, yet all the tourists were in jumpers and jeans?! I thought I was mad being the only one feeling the heat..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Finally... :D

image.png

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Delka said:

I was out all day and I was sweating buckets in the complete sun, yet all the tourists were in jumpers and jeans?! I thought I was mad being the only one feeling the heat..

When i lived on the coast, we always had a large intake of language students every summer and they were wearing jumpers and jeans in 25C. And i mean quite thick jumpers too.

What an absolute beauty of a day!

Hello proper summer, you have been missed!

Even better, while everyone sits in their offices at work, I'm out gardening at my new job!

Loving life, and it's going to get even hotter!!! Osh 

What a lovely set of charts also  nothing like the heat now but still very pleasant! 

Now, time to head to the pub for a cold pint!