Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted

Breezy day but rather mild at 24C. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

humid and yuck *moans* mouth feels dry no matter how much i drink.

A beer would be nice but would make me more windy than it already is.

Been cloudy all day but the sun is now trying to get out so bub must be baking running around in a wood.

Horrible enough it was just standing there talking to her guide leader.

phew.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a bad afternoon with some hazy sunshine and the wind has dropped out a bit. The temperature has reached 24c this afternoon.

Posted

back from picking up bubs, thankfully the sun held off or i think it would of been too hot.

Won best 'mask' in the crafting and 2nd and 3rd in some races - i think she enjoyed it!

still wish it would thunder \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Warm and humid start here with a lot of low cloud, but a few breaks in there. Hopefully conditions will improve when the front clears around the middle of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gloomy, windy and drizzle. Nope it's not November, apparently it's approaching mid July?

Posted

just dropped bubs of  at a birthday party in the wind and rain.

all day and it chooses to rain now.

:angry:

Posted

Feel a bit foolish having last night booked (and paid a premium price!!) a hotel for this coming weekend on the south coast. Wake up this morning and the plume is off. Oh well, it's the gamble you take when model watching.

The phrase 'perpetual autumn' is being bandied about - well to be honest, I do feel a bit seasonless. It's frustratingly boring. Half the reason I read the Netweather forums is because I love the changing of the seasons and the weather it brings. Been hoping for a weekend of blue skies in order to take some photos needed for a commercial product but it's proving impossible. Had two weekends away so far this summer and both of them involved me taking the journey home in my pyjamas because my clothes have been  too rain soaked to drive in!! And my vine growing pumpkins seem dormant. Sorry, whinge over. I'm sure many of you must feel it, though.

• Like 1

Posted

well woke up to howling wind and more rain, cloud and cloud and drizzle and wind and cloud.

Bubs has feel good week this week, so at least it won't be too warm for all the sporty things they will be doing. Top temp at the mo for tomorrows sports day is 18C which is positively :cold:for this time of year.

Even the mums were huddled together chatting. Put a cardie and a coat on bubs as they are wearing there PE kit all week. brr.

Sun coming out. good. It will probably do one of those isolated showers at the school run. 

Posted

Afternoon all,

Lots of moderately heavy, short sharp showers barreling over Southend this afternoon, I was not expecting that...

FC

Posted

A bright and breezy day up here, temperatures bang on average at around 22C, no rain so far though I can see a few showers floating around.

Posted

A few drops of heavy rain lovely clouds etc.

Would of  been lovely if it had been a hot day.

Posted

High of 20.7C today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

een a dry day here, started off cloudy, then cleared up to a nice sunny day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Sunny and warm , thunder this afternoon, hope it turns up as we haven't had any rain here for over a week.

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Sunny and warm , thunder this afternoon, hope it turns up as we haven't had any rain here for over a week.

Yesterdays rain was very thin about 30 miles wide and Epsom was right in the middle so had really heavy rain for 3 hours,so the garden has has a nic drink.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Could be a pretty lively day shower wise with some torrential rain.

On another note thoughts go out to the girl and other people injured when a tree fell on the car down the road from me.

Not quite sure what the cause was mum says it was poor tree felling.

It has been quite windy down here, until today. Even had gusts over 50 on the coast. May be a freak gust, with soggy soil also contributed. Although poor tree felling probably is the main factor at this time of year. 

Infact the sports day yesterday was postponed because it was to windy believe it or not lol.

Edited by alexisj9

37 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It has been quite windy down here, until today. Even had gusts over 50 on the coast. May be a freak gust, with soggy soil also contributed. Although poor tree felling probably is the main factor at this time of year. 

Infact the sports day yesterday was postponed because it was to windy believe it or not lol.

I was going to mention it but thought not but will, I saw a fallen tree yesterday that had been cut up and put to the side of the road. On Saturday the windest day of the week and when I belive the accident happened the wind was very strong and every so often I would check the live station just down the road from me as there was a bouncy castle slide and I was a little concerned for the little kids on it. Numerous times it went above 35mph although compared to the usual 50-60mph we are use to in winter, the ground is very soft and with the trees in full leaf, the required strength to topple a loose tree in significantly reduced. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Very heavy rain - no lugging a watering can up and down 3 flights of stairs 8 times for me tonight:D

Lovely, lovely rain .

No hose?