Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Something they weather has been good at is growing plants, these have been in the ground 4 weeks now, all grown from seed 

Grown pumpkins every year for a long time, but these "Atlantic giants" truly are massive.. 

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Keeps on spanning out!! And runners going upwards it's insane!

Until recently, we've been experiencing the opposite problem, Matt, as it was quite cold for a fairly extended period of time, as well as being cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

this weather has also been good for weeds. They are quite impressive since it's been too wet to mow the lawn and hubs hurt his knee.

more rain inc \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Anybody notice the sky is a beige colour and it's making everything here look orange.

I feel like I'm in an old photo lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
57 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

19c at 11.30:vava:

Might make my butternut squash get a wriggle on hopefully!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Might make my butternut squash get a wriggle on hopefully!

and my corn and melons:good: i heard July won't be a total washout like June

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, 80sWeather said:

Anybody notice the sky is a beige colour and it's making everything here look orange.

I feel like I'm in an old photo lol!

Yep around half eight it did look very yellow here and there was a strange light. I half expected it to be raining. Quite an impressive sun set too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The unsettled week I expected after watching last weekend's Countryfile forecast is actually turning out to be not too bad at all IMBY. Yesterday there was hazy sunshine all day and the temp reached 22C. The high cloud gave a halo in the afternoon and a lovely red sunset. This morning's heavy rain suggested by last night's BBC forecast failed to materialise (only 10 mins of light rain damping the ground) and this afternoon there's lots of sunny spells and the temp has just hit 23C. I don't mind unsettled weeks like this! :laugh:

Off to Germany for a couple of weeks hols tomorrow - looking a mixed bag of weather over there, but hopefully somewhere in the bag will be one of those monster continental thunderstorms!! :clap:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow it's warm out to spite the cloud, and you need to sit outside in the slight breeze, or you're pouring. 

Posted

where did this wind come from:cc_confused: I mean i almost took off putting out the washing. and that sun is hot out the back.

so you get blown away one minute and roast the next, not moaning nice high cloud i spy.

Posted
41 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

The unsettled week I expected after watching last weekend's Countryfile forecast is actually turning out to be not too bad at all IMBY. Yesterday there was hazy sunshine all day and the temp reached 22C. The high cloud gave a halo in the afternoon and a lovely red sunset. This morning's heavy rain suggested by last night's BBC forecast failed to materialise (only 10 mins of light rain damping the ground) and this afternoon there's lots of sunny spells and the temp has just hit 23C. I don't mind unsettled weeks like this! :laugh:

Off to Germany for a couple of weeks hols tomorrow - looking a mixed bag of weather over there, but hopefully somewhere in the bag will be one of those monster continental thunderstorms!! :clap:

Yes. I must admit that for my location complaints about the summer weather aren't backed up by the stats for this month (although June was poor).  Sure, no heatwave with temps average at best.  However, at my location, this is the driest start to July since 2010 and the driest start to any month since June 2013.  Decent sunshine levels too.

I'll take that, at least for the time being!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today has been okay again, bright and breezy. Warm at 23C.

A very average July so far in my opinion. That said there are signs of a potential improvement by the end of next week if the models are to be believed.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
46 minutes ago, Dami said:

where did this wind come from:cc_confused: I mean i almost took off putting out the washing. and that sun is hot out the back.

so you get blown away one minute and roast the next, not moaning nice high cloud i spy.

Don't complain, that's a perfect drying day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not particularly pleasant today, very little sunshine, loads of cloud and howling winds. At least the temperature is scraping up to average levels (23C) but all in all, very disappointing. 

Posted

without the wind i think 23C is warm enough for me *moans*

Bubs has a special brownie event tomorrow all afternoon, so i'm hoping any rain goes and it doesn't get too hot.

But yay I don't need to wear a cardie now :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well tomorrow offers some hope of a decent day.

nmmuk-0-28-0.png?08-19

Perhaps 25/26C over parts of East Anglia in any prolonged sunny periods, a little cooler south of London with a south west wind which could drag some low cloud in off the channel. It should be overall a decent day once early light rain clears.

Sunday looking rather warm as well

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?08-19

23/24C in favoured spots. Cloud could be an issue with light rain in places. 

In the end, not too bad a weekend, not overly wet but a lack of sun could spoil things, also it won't be too good for those who don't like high humidity with a persistent tropical maritime feed.

Posted

Well an overcast start here with a little light rain. No sign yet of this this clearing up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Very windy but the sun is shining through thin cloud.

Posted

Yet another Autumn day here with grey skies, howling winds and just average temperatures. Getting beyond a joke now!

Posted

Glum for July I must admit, as Mr Murr indirectly points out roll on winter 16/17 - it's been a grind for some time now. :)