Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Scud blowing from east to west, real clouds going from SW to NE...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just heard a distant rumble from that stuff in the channel. Heading to the north sea not here though by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Posted

Its been a warm pleasant day here and Ive been working in the garden.But I have a problem which I haven't encountered before and don't know what to do about so I hope someone might have some suggestions.

Where it has been raining, and really torrential rain, the drain overfowed and the garden was saturated, and the rain was sitting on the garden as if it was a pond, its now cleared although still wet but it smells awful, not earthy, but more drainy and rotten veg sort of smell.Guessing because the earth was wet for so long as well. Is there anything I can do to make it stop smelling or should I just wait till it dries out entirely, if it ever stops raining long enough?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Spray it with some perfume, lol...:diablo::diablo:

By garden do you mean the grass or allotment flower part.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
2 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

Its been a warm pleasant day here and Ive been working in the garden.But I have a problem which I haven't encountered before and don't know what to do about so I hope someone might have some suggestions.

Where it has been raining, and really torrential rain, the drain overfowed and the garden was saturated, and the rain was sitting on the garden as if it was a pond, its now cleared although still wet but it smells awful, not earthy, but more drainy and rotten veg sort of smell.Guessing because the earth was wet for so long as well. Is there anything I can do to make it stop smelling or should I just wait till it dries out entirely, if it ever stops raining long enough?

Sounds like sewage backed up the drains. Not sure what you can do about it, but I would take care when gardening, wear gloves etc. If you have vegetables then I wouldnt want to eat them for a while. Not sure how long risks to health last. Garden lime or wood ash may help with the smell but if you overload with these then the garden will die off. I think your best hope is more rain, but not torrential downpours that make the drains back up. No storms further up the east coast so we have missed the fun, but given the disruption maybe thats a good thing, but I do like a good thunderstorm...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well today was nice until I had to take a sarcophagus to the car where it suddenly decided to chuck it down with rain causing the paint on it to run. 

It has just been one of those days :rofl: 

Posted
3 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Spray it with some perfume, lol...:diablo::diablo:

By garden do you mean the grass or allotment flower part.

Lol well I wondered about pouring some disinfectant on it

Its the grass then the bushes round the edges and of course the sludge is on the path but I swept it off as well as I could

Really torrential rain jusyt started again so no drying out yet

Posted
3 hours ago, mike57 said:

Sounds like sewage backed up the drains. Not sure what you can do about it, but I would take care when gardening, wear gloves etc. If you have vegetables then I wouldnt want to eat them for a while. Not sure how long risks to health last. Garden lime or wood ash may help with the smell but if you overload with these then the garden will die off. I think your best hope is more rain, but not torrential downpours that make the drains back up. No storms further up the east coast so we have missed the fun, but given the disruption maybe thats a good thing, but I do like a good thunderstorm...

Thanks I think so too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely sunny start, but feeling fresher this morning. Temp 14C. Must get the lawns mown this morning - they've gone into over-drive with all the rainfall this month! And the potential for more heavy rain later on as slow moving thundery showers develop. This wet June just keeps on..... raining!

Sunny start Cloud Sat25June 07.35.jpg but showers later NMM Precip Sat25June 17.00.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A nice start again here. Hopefully it will stay dry for the carnival which is happening here in Chatteris today.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Rain and close thunder in Sudbury ...

Clouds continiting to build more rain than thunder I believe .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

14668536972321281414412.jpg

14668537356621604695684.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

About 5 rumbles of thunder here with a couple of heavy short showers.

Posted

We have thunder here now as well after what has been a pretty decent day so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Thunder & plenty of lightening here in greenhithe although the main action looks a little further East - out towards gravesend along the a2

And across the river in Thurrock! Very close overhead