Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Like yesterday not a cloud in the sky here, though a noticeable north easterly breeze pegging temperatures back to around 22/23C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

24C and very humid, looks like a line of storms building and moving NE-SW, quite unusual!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

I was just in your neck of the woods at Laleham, already the skies are looking unstable with high thin cloud and sunshine punctuated with cauliflowers building. Driving back towards Uxbridge this appeared even more the case; outside it is very humid in the heat.

Last night Surbiton stayed stubbornly on the edge of everything, with me watching the radar for over an hour expecting the cell to move over us, but it was not to be. We just got a bit of a light show with rain arriving just before midnight accompanied by some lightning and a few rolls of thunder. What a difference a few miles make eh?

Definitely! My area got lucky last night, but like you say a few miles made the difference. Can happen with snow too. Looks like today more areas might see storms, better than forecast already.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I can see a lot of distant cloud to the west of me. 

I hope we miss out today as yesterday's storm really rattled my  nerves lol it was the rain and seeing a river outside my front door!! 

I wouldn't mind a few rummbles and lightning though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been blue sky all day here, although there is now some cas about, I don't expect any showers here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Finally got a storm without bits missing, lasted ages too and the wind was very gusty.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well looking to my north east I came begin to see low cloud gathering in the north sea which will spread to many areas overnight, hopefully the sun remains out during football this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

My sort of summer's day today - low 20s C, a breeze to stop the humidity becoming oppressive, and some cirroform clouds to soften the sunlight slightly (I even spotted a left-hand sundog).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Another fantastic day! I so love this weather. At 09.00 this morning it was 18C and made sitting out in the garden with a cup of coffee feel like you were abroad!

Some interesting cumulus bubbled up this afternoon but it stayed dry and the temp still reached a very warm 24C. Late afternoon and into this evening the cloud melted away and the day ended with a lovely sunset. More please! :)

Sunset Wed08June.jpg

Posted

Well despite the cloud building up around the Wash, it has seemed to have thinned and dissipated before it even reached here, that said a large amount of high level cloud has moved in. A couple ore warm days to come before it breaks down late on Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We've had North Sea cack here since about 4 pm. Hopefully, it'll burn off quite quickly come the morning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Nice dull start to the day at around 13c.
Cloud came in around 6/7 ish last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Can someone make sure we get the Netweather forecast weather ( sun with 21C) rather than solid cloud and 14.4C :( It is very depressing after a few nice sunny days.

Was that Summer? .....................................

Posted

Gorgeous day here with clear, if hazy blue skies, light N'ly winds and currently a reasonable 20C. Looks like we won't see days like this for the forseeable...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Gorgeous day here with clear, if hazy blue skies, light N'ly winds and currently a reasonable 20C. Looks like we won't see days like this for the forseeable...

Wall to wall blue sky we may not see for the foreseeable but in reality from tomorrow onwards  is not looking too bad at all with temperatures still into the low 20s with sunny spells whilst the West and North get showers and much cloudier weather.

Posted

Well it was cloudy until midday and then the cloud melted away as the wind dropped out. Just some fair weather cloud bubbling up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The cloud here lifted at about the same time^, been nice and sunny ever since, not a cloud in site.