Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, k66yla said:

The lightning has stopped for now but it is still raining hard. One of the local roads has been closed due to flooding and a car is abandoned in the middle of it.

Is that the one doing the rounds in the media?

Posted
  • Location: Foot of the Kent Downs between Ashford & Folkestone & City of London
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (powdery stuff), storms
  • Location: Foot of the Kent Downs between Ashford & Folkestone & City of London

I just drove past Farthing Common, storm watchers out in force with views of Dungeness and the coast one side and the downs the other. 

I was poo picking after riding my horse this evening but thought it not a good idea being in the middle of a field with a metal wheelbarrow and thunder and lightening directly overhead  :nea:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's now raining cats and dog's, was gonna say no thunder, but one happened as I started this post.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

That was fun, storms to the south, storms to the west 

Posted

Got more lightning now, it's south of here, thunder not always audible.

• Like 1

Posted

Not to brag - some missed out as is the case with storms - but defo had some of the brightest and loudest lightning today I've seen in ages. Storm approached from the NW and ended up all around, east, south and still lightning coming from the NW

Posted
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Got more lightning now, it's south of here, thunder not always audible.

Surely you've heard a couple of decent ones in the last 20mins though? One nearly blew me shoes off!

Posted
19 minutes ago, Ellozee said:

Surely you've heard a couple of decent ones in the last 20mins though? One nearly blew me shoes off!

Yep some, but not all.

Posted

Hot, steamy, humid, sweaty:bad: Been stuff missing today, thunder no rain, lightning thunder no rain and now have lightning no thunder and no rain:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Good show tonight . Was holding a meeting earlier today at work near Croydon in a enclosed area without Windows . All of a sudden I heard a loud boom . I said lunch.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

I live 300 yards from the bridge at Wallington and yet seeing the Zafira literally drive into the 5 or 6 foot of water (on facebook) amazes me at the mentality of some people. He had a close call, but luckily he managed to get out, somehow. He even admitted it was the closest he came to death. I was at work in London and missed it all but my father who lives down the road said the storm was immense!!!

Posted

Still raining here quite heavy still to although it has been lighter than earlier for about an hour now.

Posted

18c here still and much warmer indoors. Looks like this humid thundery weather will be a distant memory come the weekend with wind rain and high teen temperatures. Tropical Storm Colin will complicate things further.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

I just heard a few droplets of rain in Hertford Hertfordshire. As I am typing this it has now stopped.  Lasted  3 minutes.

Spoiler

Edited by KT
I accidently selected spoiler and tried to delete it but couldn't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well even here we got some heavy rain with the occasional flash of lightning, it lasted until around midnight. 

Sun is up and out again here this morning, and it is going to be another very warm day.

nmmuk-0-19-0.png?08-01

Possibly up to 27C in favoured spots.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

:yahoo:

Amazing day yesterday, probably the only storm I will see (only had one last year and that was in the early hours) so done my years worth of storm posting.

So anyway today.

Feels much much cooler now, in fact felt cooler when I was trying to get outside to the Bin yesterday evening (must not talk anymore about the amazing storm)

Cloudy and no sun, unlike yesterday (which was bright before amazing storm i'm not allowed to mention)

woke up at around 2am and it was raining( but i'm guessing this wasn't the amazing storm still over me.)

16C

• Like 1

What a night north Surrey night time storms again.. In the last 2 years I've seen more night time storms than day time..

Today's risk is West London as some Convergence zones set up and some moderate cap builds (sun permiting) 

Once the sun does come out I expect temperatures and humidity to rocket 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dami said:

:yahoo:

Amazing day yesterday, probably the only storm I will see (only had one last year and that was in the early hours) so done my years worth of storm posting.

So anyway today.

Feels much much cooler now, in fact felt cooler when I was trying to get outside to the Bin yesterday evening (must not talk anymore about the amazing storm)

Cloudy and no sun, unlike yesterday (which was bright before amazing storm i'm not allowed to mention)

woke up at around 2am and it was raining( but i'm guessing this wasn't the amazing storm still over me.)

16C

Did you get a storm yesterday:D Dark clouds here already