Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

New Top Gear

I watched the first 15 minutes for the Abu Dhabi bit. That was one lively car and the driver looked like he was having the time of his life. 

I used to live on the other side of the water from the track and think I remember hearing that car one day, it was VERY loud compared to the F1 cars

i can see that the presenters wind people up but to be fair the old ones used to annoy me as much, just show us the cars, it's not a cookery program?

Last nights show is up 400k on last weeks 2.34 million

If England win tonight the ratings will tumble next week unless they bring it forward 18:30 or 19:00

I think Top Gear has just hit its core viewing level now. 

2 hours ago, Nick L said:

I think Top Gear has just hit its core viewing level now. 

Top Gear is utter crap and chris Evans is a complete numpty, what a tragic waste of licence fee money paying that clown £ millions. Looking forward to a proper car show, the grand tour on Amazon in the autumn with real presenters instead of the cardboard cut outs we have now on TG!

3 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Top Gear is utter crap and chris Evans is a complete numpty, what a tragic waste of licence fee money paying that clown £ millions. Looking forward to a proper car show, the grand tour on Amazon in the autumn with real presenters instead of the cardboard cut outs we have now on TG!

Fans are calling for Chrexit

The problem is that with Chris Evans we have a presenter who really has no 'new' angle to come from.

We know everything about him as a result of uber-exposure on the radio and throughout a decade of his fronting of several well-known and popular shows.

Now I'm in no way a fan of the frankly obnoxious Jeremy Clarkson but there we have a bloke with a life which beguiles and interests people. He's a bloke who regularly surprises, maybe through punching people in the face over the temperature of food, but - hey - it's still a surprise.

Watching TG last night I really noticed the lack of any chemistry from the other presenters towards Chris, who sank to further depths by showing off yet another one of his astonishingly expensive cars.

I don't mind the guy, he's okay on radio but people just don't care about his life because we know the score. He's always going to be 'reliably good', and for proper enthusiasts of TG that's just not enough.

I reckon Thomas Dolby should be the replacement presenter. I know he wrote some good 80's music and a Nokia ringtone - but it would be interesting to see him driving a car.

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

27 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Fans are calling for Chrexit

Not surprised, Matt le blanc is threatening to quit unless Evans is removed, they have turned a once great show into a complete embarrassment for the BBC, the millions they have wasted on that talentless moron could feed an entire country!

50 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Not surprised, Matt le blanc is threatening to quit unless Evans is removed, they have turned a once great show into a complete embarrassment for the BBC, the millions they have wasted on that talentless moron could feed an entire country!

He's not talentless - he's actually really really good at shouting.

Chris evens is definitely talentless and gets millions for being like that just goes to prove your better being lucky than good  (#Iceland)

The final episode of top gear last night was watched by an average of just 1.9m down by about 800,000 on last weeks show

The Antiques Roadshow had an average of 3.9m between 19:30 and 20:30

48 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Anyone would think Chris Evans had died, it's all over the media, he's quit because he's crap, good news is show will improve now:D

Should have had Lee Evans instead of Chris

Produce a "best of" clip show of the current series, which of course would exclude anything containing Evans, and I might watch it. 

James Martin is the 3/1 fav to replace Chris Evans as new Top Gear host

They just need to let it die.