Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread 25/5/16 onwards

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

WOW, really thought we were going to have a decent downpour earlier, even wnt out to see the view of the clouds, but it fizzled out within half hour and ended up with a light shower and nothing since, almost laughable.

Happy to see a lot of places have seen some decent thunderstorms though, even a few who hasn't had a good one in years have had theirs today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes
Just now, yozza1987 said:

unfortunately  i missed it growing due to being on shift, I'm over warndon facing towards tolladine, not a bad view and ideal for listening out for thunder, what part of worcester are you in bud?

The worst thing ever when there is a storm growing and your stuck at work... Fortunately my work involves a load of travelling so i would see the storm developing as it sucked the energy from the Malvern storm. I live above my Temple Fireworks Shop in Sidbury.... I could probably see you from here as i look directly towards Tolladine :-)

Posted

Think it's Peterbrough's time for a night time show by the looks of things... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
2 minutes ago, MartinD said:

The worst thing ever when there is a storm growing and your stuck at work... Fortunately my work involves a load of travelling so i would see the storm developing as it sucked the energy from the Malvern storm. I live above my Temple Fireworks Shop in Sidbury.... I could probably see you from here as i look directly towards Tolladine :-)

Thunder King :-) 

Posted

My head is absolutely banging with this high humidity just noticed a very elevated flash intriguing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

So pleased I stayed up. Just had a flash of lightning and thunder. Could my day get any better ?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Boom . From nowhere really

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Quite a few cells still going with a handful of new developments. Plenty of mid level instability in the atmosphere still, people might get rudely awakened at any point tonight the way things are popping up all over the place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

Just found out that there was a funnel cloud spotted today in Edinburgh. Obviously I didn't see it because I'm never that lucky but it's still pretty coolimage.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

@Chris.R I kept meaning to pass this on, but forgetting: https://www.netatmoanalytics.com  :)Oh thanks :-) I'll check that out, looks very interesting. Are use  what seems like a similar thing atm MeteoWare Plus, ‎plus.meteoware.com  but that one looks like it  could do more. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

So pleased I stayed up. Just had a flash of lightning and thunder. Could my day get any better ?!!

Wonderful to hear you got your mother nature fix and the completion of a perfect day:-) Can't complain either today, even though Worcester didn't get a direct hit i was lucky enough to see a nice storm build just a couple of miles north of here and produced 20 minutes of constant thunder and a couple of fab, rain free CG's.

Posted
9 minutes ago, MartinD said:

yes it isn't good but we are on short hours at the min so more time to enjoy the storms if they arrive you got good views from sidbury, my views are more based towards shelsy walsh and the old city ground, moving to out side Upton on Severn soon though, will have an uninterrupted view to the malverns and strensham,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

BLOODY HELL!!!!

Was just on the bog and saw a flash in the window behind me from nowhere, thunder followed seconds later. 

Just seen several close flashes over the chalfonts in South Bucks. Much better than 1-2 hours ago's storm, closer at least. 

Posted

looks like a bit of life coming out of the east of London by woking and reading

Posted
Just now, UKSupercell said:

BLOODY HELL!!!!

Was just on the bog and saw a flash in the window behind me from nowhere, thunder followed seconds later. 

Just seen several close flashes over the chalfonts in South Bucks. Much better than 1-2 hours ago's storm, closer at least. 

pmsl !!!!!

Posted
4 minutes ago, yozza1987 said:

yes it isn't good but we are on short hours at the min so more time to enjoy the storms if they arrive you got good views from sidbury, my views are more based towards shelsy walsh and the old city ground, moving to out side Upton on Severn soon though, will have an uninterrupted view to the malverns and strensham,

You will get a fab view from there that's for sure if anything arrives during the summer months, i lit the sky over Upton last year at the Sunshine Festival when UB40 came on stage :-) Think were due a great nighttime storm and hoping for something tomorrow but who knows.

Posted
4 minutes ago, UKSupercell said:

BLOODY HELL!!!!

At least you were in the right place and no change of trousers needed! :rofl:

Posted
Just now, SnowJoke said:

At least you were in the right place and no change of trousers needed! :rofl:

pmsl !!! Ah this is fun !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
5 minutes ago, UKSupercell said:

BLOODY HELL!!!!

Least you were in the right place for it. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Another line of cells forming over the South Downs. One to keep an eye on; they seem to be intensifying quickly.

Posted
7 minutes ago, MartinD said:

You will get a fab view from there that's for sure if anything arrives during the summer months, i lit the sky over Upton last year at the Sunshine Festival when UB40 came on stage :-) Think were due a great nighttime storm and hoping for something tomorrow but who knows.

I watched that from my car on the outskirts, was a good show :)   yes we are over due a good night show, we shall have to wait and see

Posted

Is it worth me staying up here in Sutton ? I have to be up so early but I can't miss a storm !!

Posted
1 minute ago, yozza1987 said:

I watched that from my car on the outskirts, was a good show :)   yes we are over due a good night show, we shall have to wait and see

This year unfortunately it's not us but if you ever want to meet up for a drink and chat about weather i'm up for that lol :-) You can never have enough friends in this electrifying world!