Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread 25/5/16 onwards

A.J

Posted

Cell over Ripponden currently has an rainfall output of 70mm/ph, heading towards the infamous Hebden Bridge town.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
40 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Blimey! 

I hope people got out of those cars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
3 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Cell over Ripponden currently has an rainfall output of 70mm/ph, heading towards the infamous Hebden Bridge town.

hope it's not that heavy if it gets there they were hit at christmas

Posted
13 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

what's going on here then:D

a cell has developed in a matter of ten minutes NW of Manchester,and with sferics now.

i can see the towers for this through the haze,  not expecting anything here though,   the wigan storm sheild as been operating on full throttle,  saturday saw storms to the south of here , heard 1 distant rumble,  sunday had stoms over to the west,  just saw the anvil. yestersay was a storm to the north around preston,   now we have one to the north east ,  still nothing here in no mans land,   like the song,,,stuck in the middle ,   only hope is a distant flash or two after dark from any distant storm 

Posted
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Very warm here now starting to look dark over to the west after a sunny hour or so now starting to cloud over

could be the trough just increasing the cloud assuming the trough is anywhere near no idea where it currently is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

The core of these storms north of London have rainfall output of well over 100mm/ph. Incredible and there slow moving! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I hope the people that were in those cars got out.

They were rescued. It's not the first time its happened there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Looking like today busted out for me, but the cloud coverage never really shifted, so a bust has not come as any surprise.

Posted

Milky skies here with a gentle breeze, feeling much less humid than this morning. Still quite sunny though and I can see some towers way off to the NE.

Posted

Very humid in Leeds cloudier sky's now but amazingly the sun is still sneaking through 

Posted
33 minutes ago, Gordon Webb said:

yep noticed that actually got a phone with earphones and a features length deep space nine episode to try to drown out anything that might occur but that app changes every hour or so and sometimes to something completely different

Are you a Sisko, Odo, or Keira Nerise fan? Or do you prefer the Gem'hadar and Vorta?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Looking like today busted out for me, but the cloud coverage never really shifted, so a bust has not come as any surprise.

don't speak too soon storms heading your way now i think

Posted

Bbc going for thunderstorms to continue well into the night pushing from the south east through the Midlands edging to North west torrential at times. Interesting

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Speedway Slider said:

Are you a Sisko, Odo, or Keira Nerise fan? Or do you prefer the Gem'hadar and Vorta?

Like Sisko , Kira Too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather
10 minutes ago, Gordon Webb said:

could be the trough just increasing the cloud assuming the trough is anywhere near no idea where it currently is

Trough must be over lochmaben as had turned from blue skies to milky cloud cover. Does that portend storms at all? :nea:

Posted
20 minutes ago, Wet'n'Dry said:

Hope this explains it?

http://stormhighway.com/types.php

Hi, what I meant was do you have a gizmo that tells you if a strike is - or + or are you saying it's - or + based on the way the strike looks, or ? 

I see lightning, but can not be absolutely sure if it was a positive or negative strike, or can you tell the difference just by the way the strike looked ?

Edited by Speedway Slider
Typo..

Posted

Things are edging closer to here I see. Could do with everything through and done by 9pm though as I'm in early to work tomorrow. Would like to fully enjoy some lively weather before I hit the sack this evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Speedway Slider said:

Hi, what I meant was do you have a gizmo that tells you if a strike in - or + or are you saying it's - or + based on the way the strike looks, or ? 

I see lightning, but can not be absolutely sure if it was a positive or negative strike, or can you tell the difference just by the way the strike looked ?

Did you read the article? It explains the visual differences between the types..

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Bbc going for thunderstorms to continue well into the night pushing from the south east through the Midlands edging to North west torrential at times. Interesting

Storm movement here is North East, Sat on the very edge of the cluster in Milton Keynes and all I can hear is constant angry sounding thunder to my south and east. All I have had is 10 mins of moderate rainfall which has made it feel like a sauna outside. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Cumbrian storm was looking interesting for a while but seems to be fizzling out now as not a lot of returns on radar. I had hoped it would remain active as it was heading my way...sort off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

am watching a cell, it's missing me by miles, but third flash of lightning, gone very dark and a breeze has gotten up.

Bugs everywhere too

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

I think the trough in Wales will help initiate some showers along it. It actually feels fresh here, the feel of the day has totally changed, was humid and sultry this morning, the strong westerly breeze seems to have cooled it off significantly.

Posted
1 minute ago, Dami said:

am watching a cell, it's missing me by miles, but third flash of lightning, gone very dark and a breeze has gotten up.

Bugs everywhere too

Storm coming for my east is on a direct path to hit Bedford, The thunder from it sounds incredible.

• Like 1