Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread 25/5/16 onwards

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
20 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Using the Met Office rainfall prediction tool I would say I should head up to NW England for the afternoon period and then jump on a helicopter to get back to CS England for the evening... I just wish I had one :D

I'd recommend you'd probably want to get IN the helicopter, to avoid a nasty injury ;-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Tuesday has looked interesting, but now i'm biting my nails watching the heat seep away on every model run. Im going to be without internet for 5 days from tomorrow on the norfolk broads. It will be a case of just wait and see if anything happens. 

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

nothing to take a photo of unfortunately

nothing really visible even in the distance - towering Cu wise

Stansted was very very low cloud- in fact our flight was delayed 20 mins due to visibility at Stansted

oh, ok. Sounds eventful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I'd recommend you'd probably want to get IN the helicopter, to avoid a nasty injury ;-)

Very good point :D

Looks like the cloud is melting away nicely... signs of brightness even here now. 

Capture.PNG

Cloud having a huge effect on temperatures too, it is already approaching 20c in the northwest and south but stuck at 12c here. I won't be hanging around here though if I do decide chase (50/50 currently).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Absolutely glorious morning here, sunny warm and humid. First time we've really seen the sun since last Sunday!

Hoping for a storm later but if not we have lovely weather to enjoy, win win!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

20.8°C here now and relentless son. Need to watch I don't get sunburnt again today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Wall to wall sunshine now here :-D

already washed the decking and waiting for it to dry now - here's hoping the vapour doesn't turn back into clouds over our house!

was cold this morning but now the clouds are gone you can really feel the sun! Good start, now let's see what happens...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

20.8°C and a dewpoint of 16°c, but no sunshine. 

I think any developments today are going to be quite isolated. My trusty model isn't interested in much at all. The HIRLAM is very similar to the NetWx model that Paul has posted. I'm not sure I'd waste fuel for chasing, unless Grimmers drives a Prius?!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Sun is out here and temp is 19.7c and a dewpoint of 14.3c

I think it's a case of seeing how things develop from here, but all the ingredients are there.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Thick Fog early'r is starting to clear here now with a few breaks showing blue sky's above. Temp 11c

Posted

Working today, hauling from dorset to Wigan, started overcast and drab but from Avonmouth north it's been sunshine and blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hot relentless sunshine. 23.4°C, which equals the maximum for yesterday already. 

DP  17°C, RH 69%. Temperature sensor in  Direct sunlight showing   35.9°C out of interest. 

Edit: DP actually  16.2°C. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

We have the first ppn echo over Cumbria,shouldn't be long before it sparks i would guess.

Posted

Clear blue skys here now and feels very warm in the sun.

20160605_122709.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm, Snow, Wind, Any Extremes :)

Not a cloud in the skies here in Southampton. 23 degrees, Dew Point 14 degrees. Very light NE cool wind.

Posted

First cells have fired up in the lake district - pretty much bang on where they were modelled to this morning. Can see towers going up over the Cairngorms too. 

• Like 2